Good first car? Vol.

I'm a senior in highschool and I don't know **** about cars but Im gonna cop my first car very soon. It's gonna have to be pre-owned and my price range is around 5k maybe a little more. So what car do you guys recommend?

Once again I don't know **** about cars......no seriously I don't know jack **** about whips

I would highly highly suggest upping your knowledge about cars before you purchase, trust me. It will make your purchase much more educated and you will be less likely regret it later down the line if/when you start getting more into cars. Take your time with it and don't go buying the first car you see. Spend a couple weeks just searching for potential choices and researching the models.

I would get a certified pre-owned just so you have the peace of mind. Or if you know a mechanic or someone with a vast knowledge of cars, take them to a used car dealership or a car auction.

Stick with Japanese.

Honda 

Toyota

Nissan

And go from there

Honda Civic
Honda Accord
Toyota Camry
Toyota Corolla (seems like its always girls driving this car though)

Take your pick. Reliable and will last forever.

Last edited:
Honda = Acura. Acuras are just marked up Honda. If he can find a great deal on one that is in great condition, by all means get it. If not, stick to just a regular Honda
yea i know, ive seen some older TL's go for good price thats why i mentioned it.

Price
Performance
Reliability
Choose 2

as a first car he should look at reliability and price at first, imo at least.
he can always build on the performance and appearance with time if he really wants to.

As your first car, get something slow, cheap, and easy to fix. As you improve your motoring skills, things are gonna get hit, dented, and broken.. Get something common so the replacement parts are readily available.. Civic, Accord, Corolla, Camery, Altima are all safe bets.

Last edited:
Impala my man
this guy knows 
pimp.gif

Whatever you do, get something with a clean or near clean history. If its been properly taken care of, that'll be less headache for you. You're gonna want something that's good on gas and not too expensive to fix.

If I were you, I take a look at Craigslist and cars.com. Try to find about 5 cars you like and research them. You'll going to be looking for the value of these cars. You can use Kelly blue book for that. You want to see what problems each vehicle has had since its release, such as recalls and other issues that other owners have had.

Modifications are also important. I'm nor talking about rims and speakers. You'really going to want things that improve your car's performance and longevity. They're a bunch of car forums that can help along with plenty of knowledgeable people here on Niketalk.

What kind of question is this? This is NT homie...you gotta do it right and cop that M3 :smoking

Nah, but seriously....I'd look into honda civics

87 Box Chevy, give it a few months then throw 4's on it.

I started off with a 87 Monte Carlo SS, after 6 months I was riding 6's.

Honda Civic or Accord
Nissan Altima or Sentra
Toyota Camry or Corolla

All reliable good first cars

Back
Top Bottom