Goodbye, Toys R Us? * UPDATE: Toys R Us is preparing to liquidate its U.S. operations, sources say*

Got plenty of stuff from TRU but honestly, change is a natural part of life.

Adapt to the changing times or wither away, these cycles aint new.

Toyrus maybe babyrus they all sinking

My goto toy store

Bought my ps2 from here

Lol no. Bought it in 2003

But internet yea changed the retail game & tech done changed kids

This is truly sad, I remember when I would look at the game art to determine which game I wanted then check if they had the voucher in the sleeeve and bring it up front. Then they would go inside this fortress looking thing filled with games and pull out the game I purchased. I wish they would bring that back.

:rofl:@ how many people in here continue to post condolences for Geoffrey when it's been stated multiple times they filed Chapter 11 and not Chapter 13. Someone even posted a gotdamn definition of Chapter 11 and people still on some dumb ****. Instead of pouring out some liquor for Toys R Us, we should be pouring out the 40 for a lot of you guys reading and comprehension skills. :smh:

My 9 year old sister was given an iPad and she refuses to put it down unless her mom yells at her. That's why when I have kids they won't be anywhere near that stuff until they're at least 12.

My local Toys R US is outdated and disgusting looking (rusty shelves, dirty tile floors, water leakage stains on the roof, unorganized shelves). Took my little cousins there over the summer. Didn't get them anything. Took them mini golfing instead.

used to cop super soakers with my birthday money at toys r us.

Either way, whatever the prices were for snes games back in the day, they were expensive. My mom didn't have to spend her very hard earned money to buy me games sometimes, but she did. Gonna go hug my mom next time I see her.

You right fams. I had an extensive game collection. Thinking about when I buy it now and I make way more than they did at the time. :frown:

TRU was literally my fav place in earth when I was a kid. Crazy to see em struggling, but I get it tho. Its def a combination of kids wanting tech gadgets (my niece got her own iPad at 4) and Amazon just taking over the game. I predict Best Buy may be the next victim :nerd:

probably closing their B&M stores and focusing online.

Lebowski.gif

Those vouching for TRU must had that bread. TRU was OD expensive. As kid I didnt understand how they got away with charging the prices they charged.

End of the line for them, department stores are tough business without a long term strategy. I give them 12 -14 months before they are no more.

They did it to themselves. Their stores and staff are way too big. They need to downsize in order to stay competitive

Back
Top Bottom