GOOGLE VOICE... is it too good to be true?

Originally Posted by iHateTimeDotCom

Originally Posted by bohrdom

i had an invite while ago, this past july. from the email:

* A personal phone number that rings all of your existing phones when people call
* All of your voicemail in one inbox with unlimited online storage and free voicemail transcripts sent to your phone and email
* Low-priced international calling to over 200 countries and free SMS
* Other powerful features like the first phone spam filter to protect you from unwanted callers, the ability to ListenInTM on your voicemail messages while they are being left, conference calling and more

To learn more about Google Voice before registering, visit: http://www.google.com/voice/about

i'll hook it up with invites as soon as i figure out how to do it.
we cant invite people yet...
actually they started giving some users invites around oct 12th. not all users have invites. to check to see if you can give invite out, you haveto go online. the invite section will be listed at the bottom of the inbox area.

Originally Posted by jawn piece

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

that is not how it works

google voice acts as middle man in phone calls

lets say you have a friend a guy name Bob and another guy named Mark

Bob wants to call Mark, and Mark has a google voice number

Bob dials Mark's google voice number, this is how the phone call will Work

Bob >>>>Google Voice>>>>>Verizon>>>>>>Mark

Bob basically calls google, google forwards the call to verizon which is marks service provider, then goes to marks phone (goes for text messages as well)

Google voice is free btw

So you need a service provider, Heres what People are doing to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Verizon and ATT recently started to offer free UNLIMITED calls to 10 people (verizon) 5 people (ATT) on any network, its basically T-mobile 5 faves

That means Mark can choose his mom, his home, Bob and up to 10 people to call for free since hes on verizon

instead of choose 10 people, he chooses 1 number as his Google Voice Number

So if Bob calls mark again, hes calling his google voice number, and Mark is using verizon to talk to Google voice, which Mark has UNLIMITED minutes with ANYONE who calls his google voice number

that may be confusing for many of you, but you guys should take advantage of it

IF YOU WANT FREE UNLIMITED MINUTES^
2w24r3l.jpg

oOMG....
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...i'll be going to hell now

Originally Posted by FrankMatthews

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

that is not how it works

google voice acts as middle man in phone calls

lets say you have a friend a guy name Bob and another guy named Mark

Bob wants to call Mark, and Mark has a google voice number

Bob dials Mark's google voice number, this is how the phone call will Work

Bob >>>>Google Voice>>>>>Verizon>>>>>>Mark

Bob basically calls google, google forwards the call to verizon which is marks service provider, then goes to marks phone (goes for text messages as well)

Google voice is free btw

So you need a service provider, Heres what People are doing to TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS!

Verizon and ATT recently started to offer free UNLIMITED calls to 10 people (verizon) 5 people (ATT) on any network, its basically T-mobile 5 faves

That means Mark can choose his mom, his home, Bob and up to 10 people to call for free since hes on verizon

instead of choose 10 people, he chooses 1 number as his Google Voice Number

So if Bob calls mark again, hes calling his google voice number, and Mark is using verizon to talk to Google voice, which Mark has UNLIMITED minutes with ANYONE who calls his google voice number

that may be confusing for many of you, but you guys should take advantage of it

IF YOU WANT FREE UNLIMITED MINUTES^
What if mark wants to call Bob? Does it work on outgoing calls? Like can Mark call google and have google call whoever? And if so would you only be charged for the call to google and not the call google makes? I need a set up like this.
anyone? I guess its unlimited incoming phone calls
nerd.gif

i just checked my account and i have 3 invites. Send me a pm if you want in.

I use this for work and its been a blessing. I do in home repairs for dell and had to call customers to schedule appointments. before i would have to leave mycell #. People would call me back at all times of the night, or call me weeks later instead of calling tech support. So now i just give them my gv number, havethe calls go straight to voice mail, and i can respond to people whenever i please. Basically saved me from getting a second cell, which I was about to do.

Also if you have a nosey gf/bf, you can give your slide the google voice number, and have them call that instead of your cell so it doesn't show in yourcall history.

just got my invite...

so is there any truth to AT&T keeping you from adding your google number to the A-List?

Back
Top Bottom