GoPro Video Thread

I own the hero3+ with an LCD screen. I don't see much of an upgrade here getting the 4. Although the trailer video for the 4 was bad*****.

If you plan on getting a gopro. Try and get one used, a lot of people are trying to dump the 3 to get the 4. I only think it's worth it if you buy it without tax or more off.

Right on, I don't see any major upgrade other than the silver edition with built in LCD. How much would you say the 3+ black with LCD worth if I'm looking for used?

Looking at the Hero video overview on YT, I think I might pull the trigger and pay the $130 for my first GoPro. I can make due without the wi-fi, I'll most likely connect it to my Macbook anyway. And for $130, thats not too bad.

Can you still connect to the app?

What cant the 130 go pro do that the other can besides the picture quality

Looking at the Hero video overview on YT, I think I might pull the trigger and pay the $130 for my first GoPro. I can make due without the wi-fi, I'll most likely connect it to my Macbook anyway. And for $130, thats not too bad.

Can you still connect to the app?

What cant the 130 go pro do that the other can besides the picture quality

I don't think you can connect to the app because it doesn't have wifi built in. Here's the video I watch that had all the info for it.

Those of you thinking about getting the Hero 4 Black or Silver, which one are you guys gonna go with? I'm still undecided but will def be purchasing one within the next month or so

Those of you thinking about getting the Hero 4 Black or Silver, which one are you guys gonna go with? I'm still undecided but will def be purchasing one within the next month or so

I think it depends on your needs. I don't need the 4k in black since I'm not a pro. Just occasionally pictures and videos so I got the silver. Built in LCD is great feature and doesn't add bulk.

Any of you guys experienced with Wasabi and Smatree backup batteries? As of right now amazon got wasabi at 1160mah and Smatree at 12mah, both with set such as charger and 2 batteries. Would like to know which option is best before preordering. Thanks

Any of you guys experienced with Wasabi and Smatree backup batteries? As of right now amazon got wasabi at 1160mah and Smatree at 12mah, both with set such as charger and 2 batteries. Would like to know which option is best before preordering. Thanks

I dont own a gopro yet but ive done my fair share of research.

This guy swears by wasabi and did a review on them

Last edited:
Imo GoPros are only useful if you plan on using them to its full potential, if you are indeed about THAT outdoor extreme life...if you just an average joe doing average joe things, the little camera is absolute waste...I have a gopro3 :rofl:

Please elaborate, I tried googling it and it was only for still pics. Is a a deal breaker? Where would I see the difference?

Pics?  What?  Lol

Anyways you want butta smoove slow mos or you dont.  That's why 120 is hawt. 

this, 1080p @ 120fps gives you much greater ability to do slow motion because the camera has more information (its capturing more frames per second)

I just picked up the Hero3 from Costco for 350 plus purchased the LED touch screen for 90 last week. Needless to say I'm a little upset I threw away the packaging a week before the Hero4 came out, but I'm not too mad as I put that thing to work while in NY. Here's the vid I put together:

NY 10/1 - 10/5

not a big fan of the battery change. mostly because ive got a lot the old ones. :lol:
but its not like the battery life is any better with the change.

Will probably just pick up another 3+ when they get cheaper. lets be honest... majority of us wont be shooting in 4k

I just picked up the Hero3 from Costco for 350 plus purchased the LED touch screen for 90 last week. Needless to say I'm a little upset I threw away the packaging a week before the Hero4 came out, but I'm not too mad as I put that thing to work while in NY. Here's the vid I put together:

NY 10/1 - 10/5

Nice vid

when you guys take footage is it mainly hand held

or are you guys using the stick mount everywhere?

not a big fan of the battery change. mostly because ive got a lot the old ones. :lol:
but its not like the battery life is any better with the change.

Will probably just pick up another 3+ when they get cheaper. lets be honest... majority of us wont be shooting in 4k

black ed is more towards the "pros"
silver ed is for us "common folk"
i want the silver sooo bad :frown:

ay [COLOR=#red]TiDE619 [/COLOR]what editing program you use for that awesome vid? :nerd: :smokin

when you guys take footage is it mainly hand held
or are you guys using the stick mount everywhere?

for me i use the head strap and when i don't use that i my hand
don't have a stick yet :frown:

Last edited:
all you really need is the handlebar mount. mount that onto any 'stick' and you're good.

in my case, i used an old ski/hiking stick.

here is another useful DIY mount

You own the rights to what you film with a GoPro, right?

They're trying to make the company bigger than just a camera company, they wanna make it more media based, but I just don't see how that's possible when they don't own the content. To me, they'll be more Vine/Instagram than the next CBS let's say.

Back
Top Bottom