Got ROBBED in Downtown Oakland by some goons on Saturday Night...

Find my iPhone is complete useless 99% of the time. When will people figure this out? It's just a great marketing ploy. :smh:

Has anyone ever used the findmyiphone app and successfully recovered their phone?
ive used the app to test if it works. when i tried to locate my phone using my computer it would show an area where you phone is but not the exact address. i didn't know that if your phone is turned off then the app wouldnt work though. my friend who is a cop has had cases where suspects were caught using this app though

If the phone is off though the app is useless. Anyone can have it installed but once dudes steal it they probably shut it off right away.

Yea it's pretty dumb. What apple needs to do is to make you put in a password to shut off the phone. But they would lose money on that so of course that cant do that.

Seriously that locate app thing is crap and useless. Usually once it's gone it's gone

Last edited:
I hate when people get robbed of the things they worked hard to get . ... y'all js gonna walk up and flash a burner and take it ?!?! Smh . .. But I'm glad none of you got hurt . Things could've came out way worse .

Sucks, real sorry to hear about this misfortune. As others have expressed, you at least have your life and no one was harmed. Also, those things taken can be replaced.

I hope either these guys get caught or just so happen to try something funny to the wrong person.

Seriously that locate app thing is crap and useless. Usually once it's gone it's gone

My girl left her iPhone on the counter at finish line. Realized what happened about a half hour later. I pull out my phone and we locate it. The guy that handed it over swore that he had sent one of his employees to look for us. :lol:

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear this OP. I've had a gun pulled out on me once before in my life and that was during a fight during my first month of college. I wasn't shook or anything, just mean mugged the coward while he gathered up his boys and left. Don't know how I'd react if someone flashed a weapon and tried to rob me. I'd probably be more angry than worried.

Anyway, I hope you guys get your stuff back and I hope those POS low life's get what they deserve.

Material things are replaceable. If they had a gun you don't know what their capable of

Hopefully they get caught and get the book thrown at them though

damb famb, wish you would've had the burner on you and lit every single one of them up.

This thread means a lot to me as a bay area resident. First off OP, glad to hear you weren't physically harmed.

The Bay Area is beautiful place, and is regarded by many as the BEST PLACE to live in America when considering quality of life, economic opportunity, etc. Having said that, the Bay Area is one of the Most EXPENSIVE places to live........and it kills me sometimes.

Not trying to turn this into an SF vs Oakland thread but......everyone wants to live in SF these days....EVERYONE. The rich yuppies, the hipsters, the artistic people, the banking professionals, pretty much, SF is the place to be. The rent prices definitely reflect that, and the rent prices are the highest I've ever seen in the city.

Considering the above, a lot of people have logically considered Oakland a good alternative to SF. Oakland is great because:

1) You can get to SF in 15 minutes via public trans (BART) or driving. 

2) The weather is better than SF. It's always 10 degrees warmer and clearer skies. 

3) Oakland is beautiful. 

A lot of the artistically talented people who don't make much money off their craft have moved to Oakland because the cost of SF is so high. As a result, a lot of the real talent that made SF so cool in the early 2000's has left and gone to Oakland. In many ways Oakland now has a lot of the vibrancy and talent that SF has lost replaced by a bunch of rich yuppies and finance people. 

But there has always been these kind of things holding Oakland has the POTENTIAL to be a Brooklyn, it really does, it really does [/B], but things like this keep holding it back. I love Oakland and the East Bay in general but I just can't see myself moving back there until these types of things don't happen as frequently. 

What are you talking about? He got robbed. Achievement unlocked :lol:

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that.

I've been hearing Oakland's been turning around too.

But hey, at least you and your friends safe. Could've been a lot worse.

Check craigslist in your area to see if these dudes are dumb enough to post up the phone and other items they stole

Back
Top Bottom