Greatest Living Actor or Actress

Robert Downey is def one of my favorites right now to watch but he doesn't match up with Gary Oldman's impeccable range

Gotta be DDL. He can play anything and maybe Meryl. Kate wins let and blanchett are up there too

Last edited:
DDY and Dustin Hoffman both have great performances where they played "mentally challenged"
DDY - My Left Foot
Hoffman - Rain Man
I'm throwing Hoffman in there too.

Hoffman is underated too.

Hero wit gena davis
Tootsie
Dude played captain hook lol

Somebody show me somebody with this type of range as Gary.
Jus some of the roles Oldman has played. Some of which u prob didn't even know it was him. A true chameleon.
-drug addicted mob dealer (The Professional)
-american southern Dwarf - (tiptoes)
-Beethoven
-Sid Vicious
-Dracula
-wizard - (Harry potter)
-M16 agent - (Air Force One)
-Commissioner Gordon (dark knight)
-Elvis
-crazy ceo of Zorg enterprises(Fifth Element)
-pimp - (True Romance)
- Lee Harvey Oswald (JFK)
- Spy - (Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy)

Six degrees of separation was good.

Also wit oldman it blew my mind wen i found out he was english.
he has that david bekham type accent.
It was a long time after i saw the professional and was like :wow:

Last edited:
Six degrees of separation was good.

Also wit oldman it blew my mind wen i found out he was english.
he has that david bekham type accent.
It was a long time after i saw the professional and was like :wow:
beat me to it on the 6 degrees of separation :lol:. Yea Oldman is something else man. When u go back and really look at all the characters he's played. From southern american accents to Russian accents to New York accents to ghetto american accents all from a noble Brit.

Last edited:
There should probably be some criteria for this. I mean 'living actor' would include Pacino and DeNiro, while they have been straight trash for over 15 years.

Hell I didn't even know that was Gary Oldman in Harry Potter or the 5th Element.

Last edited:
Too safe in the roles he chooses. He has talent though but for brand purposes doesn't use it to its fullest
They got him to do that Six Degrees Of Separation tho. I agree with you tho.
that was early on though. Post ID4 Will-early 2000's Will would've never done that movie. I can't blame him though. It's sorta like RDJ now. He's been doing the Tony Stark persona these past few years in every movie he's been in, but that's what makes him the bucks

Last edited:
Oh yea frank white versatile as hell 8)

Wat about christian Bales tho.

Son was like 12 in empire of the sun.

that was early on though. Post ID4 Will-early 2000's Will would've never done that movie. I can't blame him though. It's sorta like RDJ now. He's been doing the Tony Stark persona these past few years in every movie he's been in, but that's what makes him the bucks
Yea they ridin with the money. Miss those old days of RDJ like in Natural Born Killers playin Wayne Gale as a media nut with that British accent. Great underrated performance by RDJ.

Jake Gyllenhaal is that dude and vastly underrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell yea hes good.

I just saw some movie where he was a cop looking for a missing person.
Hugh jackman was in it too.

Back
Top Bottom