Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird angles?

I'm posting the parts which everyone says that "it's fake or gm because of...xxx"

They fake or gm because the sole is too icy or blue tint...

They fake or gm because the patent cut is too high...

They fake or gm because the fabric swab where 23 goes is too small...

They fake or gm because the shape is non banana like...

They fake or gm because the white midsole doesn't come up to a point on the rear...

They fake or gm because the pods under the sole are mis aligned...

Did I miss anything? All the pics I've shown is the opposite of that, yet people still reaching saying something is fake...

My soles have been seaglowed btw, look at the pic of the carbon fiber you can still see shoe goo residue from separation fix

Also look at the midsole "pimples" where people where shaving/razor blading off back in 2009/2010 lol...

Last edited:
i never said they were grey market :lol:

look weird and what threw me off was the pic of the back where it almost looked like a blue tint to the sole on the back but it probably the lighting.

chill bruh

where did you see them for $190 shipped? the only site i saw with them cheap was sneakerape and they had em at $240

where did you see them for $190 shipped? the only site i saw with them cheap was sneakerape and they had em at $240
the original sellers from you know where that started all this. ssssssssssttttttttttttttttttttooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Aren't the official release and the grey market pairs supposed to be the same and indistinguishable from each other? How come some experts here can tell a GM from an original? Maybe what you're seeing are high quality fakes and not the over runs.

This topic is going to get corny quick if random people who aren't adding to the discussion keep playing guess the sneaker, because it's going to turn in to the legit check section.

Posting three and four pics from odd angles people are supposed to be able to tell? And if people guess wrong, what does it mean? Gives you the ok to buy fakes or grey market kicks? I see fakes all day. I really don't care, because I'm not the one wearing them. It's a personal choice.

I just hope that when dudes are trying to sell their kicks they're telling people they're grey market, and not because of this well grey market is real spiel, because of the same materials.

This thread been corny...

I've refrained from posting in this thread because people argue for the sake of arguing. Then when people drop knowledge people still argue, then they say post proof when their own argument has no proof itself.

My point is you have the know it alls and people who TRULY thinks they have it down to a science and actually think that EVERY single RD pair is identical to each other when that isn't the case at all.

Point being, someone can post a pair of LEGIT Release date retail pair and "say" they are GM and everyone will be quick to come out the woodwork and say this and that on why its fake when in reality it was the latter. and vice versa. What's the point in posting which pairs are what when person A is campaigning for the A group and person B is campaigning for the B group.

I said the space jams I posted was a LEGIT pair. Can anyone tell me different? Some people say they don't know, some people don't even want to take a stab at it before I said it was a legit pair and some people were even skeptical and calling it grey market indirectly.

Would you believe me if I said it was a GREY MARKET pair? If I did (but in reality it was an authentic pair all along like I first said), then people would be quicker off the starting block than Usain Bolt to point out X, Y, and Z on why they KNEW ALL ALONG it was a grey market pair, but didn't say anything. Get my drift? Where all the certified online experts at?

This thread been corny...

I've refrained from posting in this thread because people argue for the sake of arguing. Then when people drop knowledge people still argue, then they say post proof when their own argument has no proof itself.

My point is you have the know it alls and people who TRULY thinks they have it down to a science and actually think that EVERY single RD pair is identical to each other when that isn't the case at all.

Point being, someone can post a pair of LEGIT Release date retail pair and "say" they are GM and everyone will be quick to come out the woodwork and say this and that on why its fake when in reality it was the latter. and vice versa. What's the point in posting which pairs are what when person A is campaigning for the A group and person B is campaigning for the B group.

I said the space jams I posted was a LEGIT pair. Can anyone tell me different? Some people say they don't know, some people don't even want to take a stab at it before I said it was a legit pair and some people were even skeptical and calling it grey market indirectly.

Would you believe me if I said it was a GREY MARKET pair? If I did (but in reality it was an authentic pair all along like I first said), then people would be quicker off the starting block than Usain Bolt to point out X, Y, and Z on why they KNEW ALL ALONG it was a grey market pair, but didn't say anything. Get my drift? Where all the certified online experts at?

They should just lock this thread cus this post is the end all be all argument on distinguishing GM shoes.

Everyone's an expert until someone puts them to the test then they start to stumble.

This thread has it's ups and downs, but sometimes just draining to keep up with.

U wanna buy GM shoes buy them, you don't wanna buy them, then don't.

Point being, nobody in here is changing anyone else's mind on the issue no matter how much arguing is done.

Damn. Homie still defending fakes... What a clown....you know who you are. Can't point fingers but you know who you are...dirty crib and all. Again not saying names.

We should have a GMWDYWT so some people won't feel bad about everything they own. "Da" truth is out b.

We should have a GMWDYWT so some people won't feel bad about everything they own. "Da" truth is out b.

U might as well just say his name bro...

Everyone already knew who you were talking about. Man up.

Opinions vary, let em rock.

GMWDYWT-that's funny lol

U might as well just say his name bro...

Everyone already knew who you were talking about. Man up.

Opinions vary, let em rock.

GMWDYWT-that's funny lol

Imma get another warning, took enough shots at his bum a** in my lifetime.

Last edited:
The reason this thread took a bad turn is purelt because of ignorance, being stubborn, and poor comprehension skills on both sides. And because of this, people who are actually coming here to learn are being misinformed because people are still blatantly throwing around the words "fake" and "identical". Stop using clear cut precise words to describe a blurry grey area. Especially because most of the people throwing around those words haven't contributed **** to the convorsation on either side.

I also find it funny that even though pretty much everyone who ordered a pair of GMs because of this thread were happy with their pairs. Some said that their GM pairs were better than the release day pair. But we're all still so quick to throw around "fake" or "not authentic" even though it has been discussed at length that BY DEFINITION that can not be classified by either of those words. For those who actually want to learn I suggest taking some time to read through the pages for some real information. Although you will have to sift through a bunch of bull **** members posting bull **** comments with no evidence and a bunch of bull **** obscure analogies that prove nothing but some people have difficulties thinking normally. But i promise there is actually valuable information in here.

heres one for you guys.. grey market or no?

I would say yes because the yellowish netting and the white paint on the bottom is bad. But with JB quality the way it is, anything is possible. And honestly they are so close, I would still rock them regardless and not even take it as a thing...

Last edited:
Yea I see a couple of those nips on the toebox.  But that doesn't mean anything really.  Also the back of the heel looks super funky.  After seeing that, I'd be inclined to guess GM but I have a feeling these are real.

I aint gonna be paying $400 for a perfect pair, although for the sole and the leather on the back $190 is as good as it gets on my feet. Gonna wear them until it's destroy. 

T2.JMpXX4bXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2vO7uXgNaXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2_hgoXmlaXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T22EOoXchdXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T275ZuXaFaXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2cPjUXa8bXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T23fIuXcRaXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2MxWLXiNcXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2zBIjXaXbXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2JQcvXe4XXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2E0UuXiXaXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

T2ALWlXhBcXXXXXXXX_!!411295333.jpg

Last edited:
So the general consensus is if the price is right, who cares and rock em anyway...no biggie can't tell the diffrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom