Grey market discussion thread (Let's keep the discussion mature) Rules on pg 1 please read before yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the Royals. Look at the (poor) quality of the royal blue midsole paint not being perfectly aligned and sloppy (not to mention a messy glue job) the sticker indicating the size inside the midsole, the quality of the leather and if placed next to a real pair, the royal blue on the GM soles is brighter. Those are telltale signs of GM Royals.

I recently bought a pair and compared it to my friends "authentic" pair. Needless to say I am currently working to get a refund for these shoes.

Donttell that to ninjahood

"Besides the xi, you cant tell the difference ingrey market. Theyre IDENTICAL"

The grey market discussion is funny. It's like some dudes try to justify paying more than retail for fakes.

Would you pay more than retail for a fake dooney and bourke bag for your girl? Would she accept it? It's made by the same companies, you can't hardly tell. They use the same materials :lol:

What happen to paying $50 for fakes?

The grey market discussion is funny. It's like some dudes try to justify paying more than retail for fakes.

Would you pay more than retail for a fake dooney and bourke bag for your girl? Would she accept it? It's made by the same companies, you can't hardly tell. They use the same materials :lol:

i think this discussion is more to educate buyers so they can protect themselves

I actually think a lot of people just don't care and they want to remain ignorant or convince themselves otherwise.
then ignore those people. y do u care what they do with their money

use the topic to educate yourself like its intended

why doesnt jordan spend the money and buy a bad *** laser machine to sketch the # shoe out of # on all legit pairs. use a sophisticated design that cannot be duplicated. problem solved.

Yeah, you literally have to direct all your attention to specific areas of the shoe to see any visible defects. And of course there are going to be defects because these factories are passing off any shoes that would normally be deemed "B-grade" by Nike officials. So it's really not that big of a deal....

why doesnt jordan spend the money and buy a bad *** laser machine to sketch the # shoe out of # on all legit pairs. use a sophisticated design that cannot be duplicated. problem solved.
laugh.gif

You think JB will eat that cost? No, they'll pass it on to you. Then you'll complain about that.

Find me some authentic concords, space Jams or breds right now in a size 12 for within $50 of retail. I'll wait.

Last edited:
Also, I'd like to see these grey market pairs up against retail. I'm no expert on 1's, but side by side comparisons would be the best thing to look at it.

Last edited:
Also, I'd like to see these grey market pairs up against retail. I'm no expert on 1's, but side by side comparisons would be the best thing to look at it.

That is the only way to compare. Most of the stuff that Jordan releases officially these days is garbage quality anyways tho.

true

by themselves i can't see any difference, but u never know if coloring is off compared to retail pairs

Find me some authentic concords, space Jams or breds right now in a size 12 for within $50 of retail. I'll wait.

So, because of that you'll get "grey markets" :lol:

So when you're out and you see someone wearing obvious fake XI's that aren't even in the right colorway, do you think a grey market is better?

laugh.gif

You think JB will eat that cost? No, they'll pass it on to you. Then you'll complain about that.
no one said they would eat the cost. they would obviously pass it on to the consumer.

So when you're out and you see someone wearing obvious fake XI's that aren't even in the right colorway, do you think a grey market is better?
depends on what makes a sneaker fake to him

are sneakers fake because they didn't get a Nike rep's okay, or are they fake because they were made with different materials by people not employed by Nike

Last edited:

We aren't talking about Spongebob or clear Jordans here, son. We are talking about kicks that are identical to the official release. The only difference is that they didn't hit the middleman and accrue that extra cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom