GREY MARKET DISCUSSION THREAD VOL. 2!!! (LET'S KEEP THE DISCUSSION MATURE) RULES ON PG 1 PLEASE READ

my friend got some grey market jams. he said cushioning was off. it didnt "feel" comfortable. compared to B grade cool greys 11s from a nike outlet. The sole started separting on the jams. and i always think back at that video where they disected the Grey market cool grey 11s and the air unit was deflated and flat. I showed him the video, and he thinks that why the cushioning was bad or lack there of.

I never trust grey market or unauthorized pairs after i saw that disecting vid and saw a flat air unit. not only that you paying more than retail.

my friend got some grey market jams. he said cushioning was off. it didnt "feel" comfortable. compared to B grade cool greys 11s from a nike outlet. The sole started separting on the jams. and i always think back at that video where they disected the Grey market cool grey 11s and the air unit was deflated and flat. I showed him the video, and he thinks that why the cushioning was bad or lack there of.

I never trust grey market or unauthorized pairs after i saw that disecting vid and saw a flat air unit. not only that you paying more than retail.

maybe like 20 above.

less than resell tho -which the the main thing for me.

Lol...good ol darkwing2303 droppin a huge knowledge bomb with that cool grey 11 video. I'll never forget that one. Def made a lasting impression.

maybe like 20 above.

less than resell tho -which the the main thing for me.

Not so....most GMs go for like 220 and up. On eBay they often go for full resell value

I'm talking straight from China thru sites like Taobao.

U.S. sellers will no doubt mark up the price as some will advertise them as authentic.

Last edited:

U.S. sellers will no doubt mark up the price as some will advertise them as authentic.

Oh I hear you there... But those taobao type sites are an even bigger gamble. It really is like a box of chocolates.

So what im reading is that its the same material, same mark up, same crap material but its not made between the time nike/jb ordered them to be made theyre fake? Thats just like saying if an employee of mine worked of the books overtime to make a few pair on the side with the same material with the same standards making the same product. Theyre fakes? Because i dont get to make the money of that employee earnings?i personally dont have gms nor would perfer them over a retail pair. Idk why prefference i guess some people would rather a new pair over a older pair of the same shoe

Last edited:
This thread as it's currently constructed isn't going to help much if at all. Just cluttered with a bunch of back and forth.

Basically the only thing you can do is show side by side comparisons and show people the difference and let them decide. Dudes who want GM pairs or don't care will defend GM pairs....Just help the dudes who WANT legit/retail pairs get informed.

The point of this thread is too help members to tell the differences and hopefully how to avoid GM's. Any suggestions on how to make this thread better is appreciated.

Move it from the general forum.

So what im reading is that its the same material, same mark up, same crap material but its not made between the time nike/jb ordered them to be made theyre fake? Thats just like saying if an employee of mine worked of the books overtime to make a few pair on the side with the same material with the same standards making the same product. Theyre fakes? Because i dont get to make the money of that employee earnings?i personally dont have gms nor would perfer them over a retail pair. Idk why prefference i guess some people would rather a new pair over a older pair of the same shoe

Your SN makes sense. Nothing you said was correct

Last edited:

Oh I hear you there... But those taobao type sites are an even bigger gamble. It really is like a box of chocolates.

The more reputable sellers (I won't mention their names) are actually run very well from what I hear. Most buyers I know don't buy directly, but from middlemen known as Taobao agents.

Basically they purchase the product for you and send you pictures for you to inspect. If you don't like them you can pass on them, and if you do they ship it out to you.

Cats said show pics and dude just disappeared. Yet he said he had multiple GMs and the retail versions of same shoe. Guess his stunting efforts failed. Wonder if those 2 pics even his smh

If people were buying fakes for less than retail I'd see their point. The fact that they're paying ABOVE retail is a joke :lol:

Last edited:
Not exactly. Taobao sends pic of the exact shoe before you buy. How do I know? Because I but legit shoes of taobao. Not GMs or replica 1000% authentic shoes.

This thread as it's currently constructed isn't going to help much if at all. Just cluttered with a bunch of back and forth.

Basically the only thing you can do is show side by side comparisons and show people the difference and let them decide. Dudes who want GM pairs or don't care will defend GM pairs....Just help the dudes who WANT legit/retail pairs get informed.

The point of this thread is too help members to tell the differences and hopefully how to avoid GM's. Any suggestions on how to make this thread better is appreciated.

Move it from the general forum.

No. If you don't like the thread, stay out of it. :rolleyes

In my honest opinion if you dont care that a shoe if GM/replica you arent a damn sneakerhead anyway. I get it "might" be your passion, but as with most things in life quality is almost always better than quantity. I only hear young dude saying that they dont give a care anyway. So yea, you can tell when someone is in it for just the look and not for personal taste. 

Id rather pay retail or over for a legit, nike guaranteed pair of sneakers. Id now myself that Im not out chea rocking any half baked bs that was cooked up under some false pretenses. But on the other hand I know that cats are going to hustle to make a dollar, I just wont be one of the ones helping them out on something I am at least somewhat passionate about, my freaking sneakers. 

I remember back in the day we had Payless knock offs. Then actual fakes "factory variants". Now we got "grey markets" which somehow aren't fakes but they are? and in some instances look better than the "real" pair and are produced from the same factory? The glory days are dead and gone man. Can't even cop a pair of jays these days without a litmus test.

Last edited:
I remember back in the day we had Payless knock offs. Then actual fakes "factory variants". Now we got "grey markets" which somehow aren't fakes but they are? and in some instances look better than the "real" pair and are produced from the same factory? The glory days are dead and gone man. Can't even cop a pair of jays these days without a litmus test.

word. gotta go through all this trouble just to cop a legit pair nowadays lol

they dont look better than the real pair

stop it

That vid of the concord lows, the sole looked better on the gms. You stop it.

If you are refering to the color, thats subjective. i dont care

im saying take a GM/Fake and put it next to a real shoe, the fake does not look better.

dont ask me, i havent compared most if not all.

just like the same dudes that said the fake 2011 concords look better than the real :rofl: GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE

didn't read anything in here. If I buy a GM pair of Yeezy's, am I doing it?

there is no such thing as GM or early release yeezy's

fakes of different quality YES but not GM or ER
i saw and should have picked up a B grade that was brought from a nike outlet
it was the yeezy 1 from a reseller a few years ago

never saw a B grade yeezy 2 from a nike outlet

if there was b grade yeezys the usual websites would have had them at one time or another since first release in 2009

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom