Griffey, Jr. & steroids?

I don't know why people get shocked everytime, blah, blah, blah...

But why is Ken Griffey, Jr. put on some pedestal like it is impossible that he juiced and he's the only true
500+ HR hitter from the the roid gen to abstain. I hear it like it's a fact. Of course I have no breaking news
for sale, but, jeez - odds are he did em too, just like the rest of em. Stop pretending, there are no true idols,
there never were.

Something I've thought about every now and then. And that goes for Tiger too...

Good luck with this thread bro. You might wanna duck.
wink.gif

*leaves quickly*

if he juiced something would have been leaked or some hints of it would have came out by now.

was he in the locker room when other people were putting needles in their butts? yes

was he aware of other players taking steroids? most likely yes

i doubt he was taking them though because while mlb pretty much turned a blind eye to steroid use in the 1990's griffey was pretty much the face ofbaseball during the 1990's, he had lots of contracts and endorcments and while him getting busted for being on steroids probably would go ignored by mlb hewould probably lose endorcment money because of it.

Smh ; Go Away. If Griffey juiced he'll have shattered the record by now.

Mel Ott was better than Griff - check it.
And he won a World Series too!

don't make me blaze yall with base ball

There are has always been rumors about guys who were later busted. So far I have never heard one rumor about Griffey

Originally Posted by green rhino123

I don't know why people get shocked everytime, blah, blah, blah...

But why is Ken Griffey, Jr. put on some pedestal like it is impossible that he juiced and he's the only true
500+ HR hitter from the the roid gen to abstain. I hear it like it's a fact. Of course I have no breaking news
for sale, but, jeez - odds are he did em too, just like the rest of em. Stop pretending, there are no true idols,
there never were.

Something I've thought about every now and then. And that goes for Tiger too...
Putting all Mariner bias aside, you are completely clueless. His mechanics and coordination were responsible for his mega HR total, not how stronghe was. He was NEVER a gym guy.

What a joke of a thread.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

Mel Ott was better than Griff - check it.
And he won a World Series too!

don't make me blaze yall with base ball
What does Mel Ott have to do with anything Griffey? What are you trying to accomplish by bringing up his name?

you can't say i'm clueless without knowing for sure yourself
so i won't continue to scold you for ignorance

everyone saying he wasn't big - he had legs like horse
and i first wondered about all this when he became a lame duck all of a sudden
that continued for years...up until the present

bonds was a better hitter hands down, no contest, check the mvp awards and stuff too
isn't that for all around play (griffey was a better fielder, wow, big whoop) ozzie smith was a good fielder too

It's like Griffey is the last beacon of light, the last pure thing baseball fans can convince themselves, without him/it
then what...you gotta wake up

i thought nomar did em too, he got bigger all of a sudden, not too big becasue his body would not permit,
then guess what - injuries. And I'm not saying Noma was as good, so you simps don't bite on that one.

Ott wasn't first ballot homie, so don't sniff too hard
what are you trying to accomplish

PS - very comparable stats - you wouldn't even ask your question if you knew that
but you don't because you don't know baseball that well

nice guys finish last so go home and study

it's like saying ric flair didn't use roids cause he wasn't as jacked as hulk hogan,
the whole "he wasn't big enough in my book" argument

i think the blind allegiance proves at least part of my point
when done reading, pull the wool back over eye balls

Also want to make one thing clear
I would have done mad cycles if I was good enough to go pro at baseball, none of us are
So I don't hate, just the opposite

with yall buffoonery

Back
Top Bottom