Griffey, Jr. & steroids?

It's not that I choose to bury my head in the sand. To be honest, nothing surprises me anymore. If news were to come out tomorrow about Griffey, then ok.If no news were to come out about Griffey tomorrow, then ok, too.

I was pissed when Manny got busted

If it comes out Ken Griffey was on Roids I wouldn't know what to do

Originally Posted by green rhino123

(griffey was a better fielder, wow, big whoop)
This dude talking like catching baseballs over walls and !@@* is easy to do. He was a GREAT fielder. You are the one who seems clueless

Originally Posted by green rhino123

i think the blind allegiance proves at least part of my point

You have no point. Its not like you have more facts to say he is on roids than the people who says he never was. There has been nothing to suggest that Jr.took any kind of performance enhancing drug. Until there is, it is unfair to lump him in that category.

There has been nothing to suggest that Jr. took any kind of performance enhancing drug. Until there is, it is unfair to lump him in that category.
Yea but the same goes for Pujols but there's doubters everywhere on him being clean. Every player from that era is going to have a cloud overtheir head on steroids.

OP, you are a COMPLETE joke. Even the godfather of steroids, Canseco, said Junior is clean. This guy has the 4th most home runs, all the while being injuredfor a huge part of his career. He was never big. Big legs? Who said you can't have big legs without being on roids? Junior is a tall guy, he looks normalfor his size. His home run total was the result of a perfect swing, great mechanics, superb hand-eye coordination, and long arms. Not the result of roids.

And to look at his defense as no big deal shows how much of a joke your baseball 'knowledge' is. And then saying The Wiz, possibly the greatestdefensive shortstop ever, is no big deal.
laugh.gif
What a joke. You must be doing it for the lulz. Problem is, the joke's on you.

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
People choose to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to Jr

True, and his allergic attitude toward the gym is exactly why he could be a candidate.

I have personal doubts but its a possibility

GUNNA GET IT wrote:
People choose to bury their heads in the sand when it comes to Jr

True, and his allergic attitude toward the gym is exactly why he could be a candidate.

I have personal doubts but its a possibility

0507_large.jpg

dude had the best swing in baseball. the best mechanics and fluidity to his swing. there is a reason no rumors have ever come up regarding griff and steroiduse, because it never happened. people have talked +%%$ about griff being self centered, not a team leader, etc, but NO ONE has ever questioned his characterand thats for a reason. best that ever played
pimp.gif

image16.png

Wednesday I asked Griffey why he never got involved with steroids, why he never felt pressure to compete with the pumped-up lesser talents who stole some ofhis glory. He credited his father, Ken Griffey Sr.

"My dad told me to not worry about representing anybody but him (Griffey Sr.)," Griffey Jr. said. "He told me, 'Don't you worry aboutbeing the next Joe Morgan or Johnny Bench or Davey Concepcion. You be Ken Griffey's son and that's it.' I remember him telling me that when I was 8years old.

"I was lucky that my dad was never caught up in being a star. He was an All-Star, but he wasn't a superstar. He played with Bench and Morgan and allthose guys."

Griffey Sr.'s mantra stuck with his son even when McGwire, Sosa and Bonds were the toast of major-league baseball and hitting home runs at record paces.Griffey Jr. chugged along putting up damn good numbers until his body broke down in his 30s.

Apparently he never turned to a chemist to fix the aches and pains. He's 39 and sniffing a .200 average. He's exiting the game the way Willie Mays andHank Aaron did. Griffey is taking his final lap(s) in his old Seattle uniform, a shell of the slugger who hit 351 homers during an eight-year stretch.

"I always focused on taking care of my house and not looking around at what everybody else is doing," Griffey Jr. said. "Every time you lookaround you're losing ground."

Being a Barry Bonds apologist doesn't make me incapable of appreciating Griffey Jr.'s integrity and class. Griffey Jr. took the long, slow route toimmortality. Many of his peers took shortcuts. It's the old story of the tortoise and the hare. Griffey is going to beat all of his peers to Cooperstown.

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why is it such a lock that JR is clean?

because there has never been any evidence, not even rumors, that he wasnt clean.
the same goes for Fat Albert but some of yall always saying dude is on roids

i started watching baseball because of JR but im not going to sit here blind and swear up and down dude didn't juice

With what's gone on in the MLB, I wouldn't be surprised if JR took PED, but I highly doubt he did.

No rumors, references, hints, evidence. Nothing.

Like I said, it wouldn't be a shock if he did, but I'd say JR is clean
pimp.gif

I remember a couple years back I came on here saying A-Rod was juicing and people thought I was crazy. Fact is there's no way to say ANYONE from thesteroid era was clean.

Back
Top Bottom