Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

In the comics, how does the Peter Quill/Star-Lord character get to space? was he an astronaut or something?

How do they all meet/team up?

Credit: xBuddha Blessx

Glenn Close has been cast in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy as the head of the Nova Corps.

We were discussing the film’s casting at the weekend, and at that point, Hugh Laurie, Ken Watanabe and Alan Rickman were all under consideration for a particular role. I’d expect, in fact, that it was this one.

John C. Reilly, if he signs on, will get to share scenes with Close as another member of the Corps.

In the comics, the head of the Corps. was Nova Prime. While the name might stick in the movie, a lot of the details will have changed.

Deadline are assuming that Close will be playing it tough, and that’s certainly something she’s done well before, but I wouldn’t be entirely sure, just yet.

Close was last on the big screen with Albert Nobbs, which was something of a passion project. Guardians is likely to be a rather lighter gig, both in terms of emotional commitment and shooting days, but I’m still pleased that Marvel made this match.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/05...eader-for-the-nova-corps-and-its-glenn-close/

Nova Corps too? :nthat: Getting more and more interesting.

Glenn Close as Nova Prime tho? Iono

Woot! Ms. Pond!

Doctor Who Star Karen Gillan Joins Guardians of the Galaxy

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Karen Gillan has joined Marvel's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy as the lead female villain. She'll star opposite Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond, Lee Pace, and Glenn Close in the James Gunn film.

Woot! Ms. Pond!

Doctor Who Star Karen Gillan Joins Guardians of the Galaxy

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Karen Gillan has joined Marvel's upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy as the lead female villain. She'll star opposite Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond, Lee Pace, and Glenn Close in the James Gunn film.

I love that broad. Her legs :smokin

So,since the main villain is THANOS,he can't possibly die in the movie.I mean,why would they kill him off when the main villain in AVENGERS 2 is him as well??

**** you mean 3 years. They better hype it up now, **** comes out next year.

Filming starts next month in London. Hopefully they leak out images of the characters shortly after. Especially Rocket Raccoon & Groot.

If they release an really good trailer that will make most people go :wow: then the anticipation will be good. It'll probably make people want to wikipedia / google search what it is.

Looks like Karen Gillam is trying to battle Zoe for the top spot of geek / nerd franchise movie actress.

Benicio Del Toro Joins Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’

Posted on Monday, June 3rd, 2013 by Germain Lussier

benicio-del-toro-1

Briefly: James Gunn has added an Oscar winner to the already-impressive cast for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Benicio Del Toro will play an as-yet-unannounced role the cosmic team up movie. There’s no word specifying whether he’s a hero, a villain, or something in between. All that’s known is it’s a “lead role” and he’ll sign a multiple movie deal with Marvel, meaning the character will be in future films. Could he be Thanos? Rocket Raccoon? Groot? Khan? (Probably not that last one.)

Del Toro joins Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly, Karen Gillan and Glenn Close in August 1, 2014 release. [Deadline]

http://www.slashfilm.com/benicio-del-toro-joins-marvels-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Dope.

They said F full CG and went for a trained animal. I like it. Honestly, it could be a disaster, but hell, at least they're not making RR a goofy assed cartoon.

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I don't think the most talented animal trainer in the world could make a damn raccoon shoot a phaser while doing backflips in a jumpsuit.....

I've seen some wild videos of racoons on youtube, so I thought maybe they were trainable to do some animal acting and then CG the in between stuff and him holding a big laser gun, talking, etc.

:lol:

Last edited:
John C. Reilly Takes Guardians of the Galaxy

John C. Reilly is the latest name to join the eclectic cast of Marvel Studios' Guardians of the Galaxy. Deadline reports that Reilly is now locked for the role of Ronan the Accuser in the James Gunn film.

Ronan, who first appeared in Fantastic Four #65 in 1967, is a law enforcement representative for an alien race, the Kree.

View media item 454341

Lee Pace & Karen Gillan's Roles In GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Revealed

Den Of Geek's source has provided confirmation of two much-speculated-upon roles in Marvel's space set Guardians Of The Galaxy, which is currently into its first week of shooting in the UK. The site first "confirm" our earlier SCOOP (thanks guys) that Benicio del Toro will play The Collector, but also reveal that Lee Pace is definitely going to be playing Ronan The Accuser (a member of alien race The Kree, who has the potential to switch sides in the movie), and Karen Gillan will be playing Nebula (a space pirate who claims to be the granddaughter of Thanos).

View media item 485867

Back
Top Bottom