Has Anyone Ever Met A Sociopath?

Freshman year of college I had a clustermate who tried poisoning his roommate with rubbing alcohol, Lysol, and Drain-O, for no apparent reason.
He was a hardcore Christian who acted righteous and like he did nothing wrong.
When he was caught he just laughed about it to other people like it was a joke and never felt any remorse.
I think he was a psychopath, but a lot of people told me he was a sociopath. Anyways, overall he's just %%%%!% up.

I'm sure we all have many times and never known it. I've met many. I work at a Psych Crisis Unit.

I'm sure we all have many times and never known it. I've met many. I work at a Psych Crisis Unit.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by gunnascott

What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath?
A psychopath thinks 2+2=5 rather than 2+2=4. A sociopath knows 2+2=4, but hates to admit it.
laugh.gif

I actually looked it up earlier though

is there such thing as a psychopath turned sociopath?

...guess you can say i am a sociopath
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by gunnascott

What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath?
A psychopath thinks 2+2=5 rather than 2+2=4. A sociopath knows 2+2=4, but hates to admit it.
laugh.gif

I actually looked it up earlier though

is there such thing as a psychopath turned sociopath?

...guess you can say i am a sociopath
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by FOG

Skimmed through so I didn't read everything, but I know this dude who keeps galleries of hardcore gore pictures on his phone and laptop (and probably at home too)... I'm talking about human intestines spewing out and !%%#...
Links?
Links to gore??

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by FOG

Skimmed through so I didn't read everything, but I know this dude who keeps galleries of hardcore gore pictures on his phone and laptop (and probably at home too)... I'm talking about human intestines spewing out and !%%#...
Links?
Links to gore??

wink.gif

most collectors who are into a hobby's like sneakers stamps books sports are known sociopaths  

thats one addiction trait 
[h2]Sociopath[/h2]

wink.gif

most collectors who are into a hobby's like sneakers stamps books sports are known sociopaths  

thats one addiction trait 
[h2]Sociopath[/h2]

Originally Posted by DT43

i fit almost all of those symptoms. i've just always kind of been like that. i don't think i'm a full blown sociopath or anything because my desire to fit in to society outweighs my desire to act out my inner desires. for example, for a long period in my life i had little to no sympathy for others. but over time i socially conditioned myself to show sympathy where it would be expected of me to show sympathy so that i wasnt insulted, ostracized, etc. at first all the sympathy i showed was a fake pretense, but over time i conditioned myself to the point where i was actually able to feel sympathy in those situations. medical sociopaths are, like, actually incapable of feeling sympathy.

i'm just grateful that i had a proper upbringing. i watched a special on people with sociopathic tendencies and most of the ones who went haywire were abused, bullied, etc.

Shallow Emotions 
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises. 

You think you feel something because you don't want to be wrong.

Originally Posted by DT43

i fit almost all of those symptoms. i've just always kind of been like that. i don't think i'm a full blown sociopath or anything because my desire to fit in to society outweighs my desire to act out my inner desires. for example, for a long period in my life i had little to no sympathy for others. but over time i socially conditioned myself to show sympathy where it would be expected of me to show sympathy so that i wasnt insulted, ostracized, etc. at first all the sympathy i showed was a fake pretense, but over time i conditioned myself to the point where i was actually able to feel sympathy in those situations. medical sociopaths are, like, actually incapable of feeling sympathy.

i'm just grateful that i had a proper upbringing. i watched a special on people with sociopathic tendencies and most of the ones who went haywire were abused, bullied, etc.

Shallow Emotions 
When they show what seems to be warmth, joy, love and compassion it is more feigned than experienced and serves an ulterior motive. Outraged by insignificant matters, yet remaining unmoved and cold by what would upset a normal person. Since they are not genuine, neither are their promises. 

You think you feel something because you don't want to be wrong.

My sister is a sociopath. The crazy part is that she doesn't know it.
But I think I have known it for like 6 years.
Its a genetic thing too. I used to think it was personality based, but its def in my own experience genetic.
But certain traits stop being learned and become genetic when the behavior cannot be corrected.
Its messed up watching her kids being brought up the same way

My sister is a sociopath. The crazy part is that she doesn't know it.
But I think I have known it for like 6 years.
Its a genetic thing too. I used to think it was personality based, but its def in my own experience genetic.
But certain traits stop being learned and become genetic when the behavior cannot be corrected.
Its messed up watching her kids being brought up the same way

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Some people confuse narcissistic traits with sociopathic traits.
I agree, remember, being a sociopath means you guys have to absolutely lack moral responsibility. In other words, you're incapable of having a social conscience, which makes you very weak-minded in some aspects. 
The main difference between a sociopath and a narcissist is that the narcissist requires adulation from his peers while the sociopath doesn't need such reinforcement. Apart from that they're actually pretty similar. 
Right. I failed to go more in depth. It basically comes down to validation.

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by DaNiKeRhiNo

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Some people confuse narcissistic traits with sociopathic traits.
I agree, remember, being a sociopath means you guys have to absolutely lack moral responsibility. In other words, you're incapable of having a social conscience, which makes you very weak-minded in some aspects. 
The main difference between a sociopath and a narcissist is that the narcissist requires adulation from his peers while the sociopath doesn't need such reinforcement. Apart from that they're actually pretty similar. 
Right. I failed to go more in depth. It basically comes down to validation.

Back
Top Bottom