Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Jordans dont have quality or comfort.

Adidas has quality and comfort ams affordable prices.

Been wearin nikes my whole life but found myself buyin more adidas latley.

Fusions were the worst.

Last edited:
Jordan's jumped shark with the Spizikes. Lead to more trash fusions and "Son-Of-6-Rings-signature model A-signature model B" combination they can ***** out. The signature models stared incorporating cheesy gimmicks that were once reserved for fakes and for the "these don't come out to next years" rappers.

Jordan's will always be Jordan's brah.

End of story

Nah.

Y'all letting y'all sensibilities cloud judgement.

Jordan's jumped shark with the Spizikes. Lead to more trash fusions and "Son-Of-6-Rings-signature model A-signature model B" combination they can ***** out. The signature models stared incorporating cheesy gimmicks that were once reserved for fakes and for the "these don't come out to next years" rappers.

You sleep.

Spizikes were fuego

The green black and red joints and cool grey

:pimp:

i think people have failed to realize that Jordan has moved to a stand alone brand.

they arent just offshoot shoes that Nike produces to ease sneakerheads.

just like Nike, Adidas, and UA have sales, so will JB.

It's crazy. I remember all those sites used to sell fake/funny looking colorways that people would clown and now Jordan and Nike are releasing them.
Bruh ain't that the truth. I haven't bought a pair of j's since my freshman year in college. These silly as color as sad. If the not the OG colors of any retro I can't rock with them.

Anybody else think this may have more to do with this generation just growing older and Nike's target market age range staying the same?

man i hope they do lose some popularity. been wearing J's since i was a kid and still love certain pairs. dont care in the slightest what's hot or what the "fly guys" 
laugh.gif
 wear. if they're getting easier to cop that's good news to me.

Anybody else think this may have more to do with this generation just growing older and Nike's target market age range staying the same?
I think so. These colors today are targeted straight to high schooler and college kids, and not the normal cool cat. OG bring me back to that special feel of seeing mike rocking them on the court. Then along the game the camera catching a close up of them. God I would be so geeked.

Just saw on IG a throwback of Greg Sager showing mike would be fined for rocking the concord 11's. **** immediately took me back to my grandmother house sitting on the edge of her bed glued to the tv. Remember that **** like it was yesterday. :pimp:

Nowadays no way in hell these kids are getting that feeling. They just rocking bc Jordan is the wave, not bc of that feel of him in that bulls uni.

Last edited:
I think so. OG bring me back to that special feel of seeing mike rocking them on the court. Then along the game the camera catching a close up of them. God I would be so geeked.

Just saw on IG Greg Sager showing mike would be fined for rocking the concord 11's. **** immediately took me back to my grandmother house sitting on the edge of her bed glued to the tv. Remember that **** like it was yesterday. :pimp:

Nowadays no way in hell these kids are getting that feeling. They just rocking bc Jordan is the wave, not bc of that feel of him in that bulls uni.

they getting it from Kanye.

I think so. OG bring me back to that special feel of seeing mike rocking them on the court. Then along the game the camera catching a close up of them. God I would be so geeked.

Just saw on IG Greg Sager showing mike would be fined for rocking the concord 11's. **** immediately took me back to my grandmother house sitting on the edge of her bed glued to the tv. Remember that **** like it was yesterday. :pimp:

they getting it from Kanye.
They can have it from that nutjob

Yea you hear that kids! Jordan's are lame don't get them anymore. (While I go and eventually stroll into footlocker, try on a pair and get it on sale - just like I did in high school)

To me Jordans will always be a classic and hold sentimental value. Not a fad like Sb dunks, Air Force ones, or yeezys.

Who knows how relevant Kanye will be in 20 years... Nobody will say "yo remember when Kanye wore those Adidas Yeezy 350 v2's during the BET awards and his grocery trip to Wholefoods #classic"

Jordans becoming unpopular? :D

GOOD!!! Love when shoes sit and go on sale.

I've only bought 2 pair of Jordans (Cement IV & Hare VII) this year.

Been copping Asics left and right though. Can't beat GRs on sale for $50-$80

Stopped keeping up like 4-5 years ago.

Went to the mall last weekend was was STUNNED to see true blues w/ Nike air on the back just sitting.

STUNNED

Stopped keeping up like 4-5 years ago.

Went to the mall last weekend was was STUNNED to see true blues w/ Nike air on the back just sitting.

STUNNED

It sat in NY for only 1 reason, everybody wanted the Top 3 1's. Which i must admit there really dope.

I stopped copping Jordans for a minute and told myself that I'd never cop a pair of Jordans again. Then the space jams dropped and I copped two pairs....

I love that I can now walk in the store and buy Js. I hope it stays this way.

Addidas is king now among the youngins .

I see most of y'all do not venture over to the Jordan Brand forum... Lol.

Jordan's have not jumped shark at all.

Jordan's are just as popular as they have been over the last 25 years.

Adidas by no way shape or form are catching up to sales with Nike/Jordan.  Nike makes up over like 93 percent of the sneaker market.

Adidas is not King of anything.  Far more people wear  Nike's and Jordan's than Adidas.  Outside of Yeezy's, wha other Adidas shoes have the streets going crazy?  Camp Outs?  Site crashes?

Adidas has some good looking running/lifestyle shoes but they cannot make a good looking or hot selling basketball sneaker it ever seems.

True Blue III's and a few other recent releases have been sitting for a few reasons:

1. Price - True Blues were sold $220.  Way too much for this colorway.  Jordan Brand has been systematically raising the prices on retros.

2.  Jordan Brand has been releasing a pair of retros like once every week. They need to go back to releasing a coveted shoe every month or something.  

3.  Too many non OG colorways and gimmicky colorways keep releasing that no one seems to be asking for.

4.  High inventory created for General Released Jordans.

I remember last year when articles and posts started showing up saying that Under Armor was catching up with Nike/Jordan Brand.  We can see that never happened and that company comparison isn't even remotely close in Pop Culture or actual shoe sales.

Last edited:
i don't wear j's anymore because them ***** are mad uncomfortable compared to my other sneakers

and in houston everyone wears jordans and i really don't want to be rocking the same shhh as everyone else. 

and imo wearing a jordans casually is just not a good look and they are usually just heavy and bulky. 

i'll go in my closet and ill look at my jordans and then i'll look at my flyknits and ultraboosts...there's no way im reaching for the jordans. 

im older now and my feet hurt

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom