Have Jordans jumped the shark?

Maybe because I don't hang out with 16 year olds anymore or because I don't go to the mall, but who and where are all these regular people wearing Jordans? 99% of the people I see or interact with at bars, restaurants, games, downtown streets, etc. don't wear Jordans or haven't worn them in a decade . Except for 1s, they are just too damn ugly and bulky to wear with decent clothes, and it doesn't help that they're made out of plastic either

Last edited:
They priced themselves out. $190 for 8's, 12's etc $220 for v's and iii's because of a nike air on the back.

Those shoes would likely have no problem selling at $160. But $220 plus tax, it's much better things you can spend your disposable income on instead of the same mass produced retros that come out every 4-5 years.

Maybe because I don't hang out with 16 year olds anymore or because I don't go to the mall, but who and where are all these regular people wearing Jordans? 99% of the people I see or interact with at bars, restaurants, games, downtown streets, etc. don't wear Jordans or haven't worn them in a decade . Except for 1s, they are just too damn ugly and bulky to wear with decent clothes, and it doesn't help that they're made out of plastic either
you gotta go to the hood..there jordans are still being rocked by any and everybody

but you are completely correct. 

most adults do not wear jordans...especially since most adult establishments that are worth a damn you would wanna dress nicer and jordans don't fit in to that category

unless you are like some of those cats on nt that go to applebees on a friday night to party 

Last edited:

yeah, I only buy the jordan's that i really love (3's a 5 and 11 here n there) but i'm mostly into running shoes now (even though i don't run) and depending on what outfit i'm wearing, some boat shoes, cole haans, etc.

guess they style changed as i got older.

Last edited:
Whenever i go to the mall i ALWAYS see cats wearing jordans.
i could see it in south carolina

in houston if you go to the galleria there is a pretty big mix.  

jordans are def not the majority

For those of you that don't have jordans anymore what do you wear then?  Mine like I said consist of mostly adidas with a little bit of nike flyknits and occasional designer sneakers like gucci, saint laurent etc.

For those of you that don't have jordans anymore what do you wear then?  Mine like I said consist of mostly adidas with a little bit of nike flyknits and occasional designer sneakers like gucci, saint laurent etc.

For me it's Nike such as Air More Uptempo, Griffey, Huarache, AF1s, AM90s, etc. Shoes that have either some nostalgia for me or I just simply like them.

yeah out here in Seattle im definitely in the minority wearing Jordans. Next to my door I have my black metallic 5's and black cement 3's so when my hands are full its easy for me to just slip my foot in and walk out the door
team no shoes in the casa

wait so you dont go to gyms, grocery stores, movies with your girl or other normal people outings and see people aging from 18-25....where the hell do you live, the twilight zone?

Last edited:
The only jordans i wear are
Black cement 3
Taxi 12
Black red 4
All og cw 5s
Last shot 14

Thats probably all the ones i wore this entire year

Concords maybe twice

also, Jordans would be more hyped if they didnt milk every single model they make.

they had something with the Futures, then **** just got out of hand with them.

Really lost interest in shoes as of late...

They priced themselves out. $190 for 8's, 12's etc $220 for v's and iii's because of a nike air on the back.

Those shoes would likely have no problem selling at $160. But $220 plus tax, it's much better things you can spend your disposable income on instead of the same mass produced retros that come out every 4-5 years.

There is usually levels of attrition involved with sneaker collecting or any hobby for that matter. After a while you just get bored with it or in most cases it begins to take a financial toll. When it's time to start trimming the fat, purchases that don't have any applied value are usually the first to go and once you are able to do without them over an extended period of time you find yourself not having the desire to go down that road again.

I'm just talking sneakers in general and not one particular brand.

Jordan's jumped shark with the Spizikes. Lead to more trash fusions and "Son-Of-6-Rings-signature model A-signature model B" combination they can ***** out. The signature models stared incorporating cheesy gimmicks that were once reserved for fakes and for the "these don't come out to next years" rappers.
Spizikes >>>> all yeezys

I even iD'd a pair

I just copped them jams..these are next
air-jordan-4-royalty-black-gold-12.jpg

fusions were decent when they first dropped em and da novelty was fresh....but they then took on da role of "more popular team jordans" and JB starting flooding da market so they didn't have to milk da main series...

other than the Alpha 1, im shocked they havent modernized the Jordan 1's.

even Chuck Taylors got an update.

There is usually levels of attrition involved with sneaker collecting or any hobby for that matter. After a while you just get bored with it or in most cases it begins to take a financial toll. When it's time to start trimming the fat, purchases that don't have any applied value are usually the first to go and once you are able to do without them over an extended period of time you find yourself not having the desire to go down that road again.

I'm just talking sneakers in general and not one particular brand.

I feel that. I can relate on the sneaker part. I lost interest over the past few years. The price increases and the hassle at times to get pairs a few years back sped the process up for me.

I think jb underestimated the potential for people to lose interest though and thought they could just keep marking the prices up and people would still buy them if they released og colorways and slapped Nike air on them. I'm talking about the buyers who still are into sneakers heavily and likely would purchase them if it wasn't for the price tag.

For me personally. I like those true blue iii's. Just not enough to pay $220 plus tax on them.

Js were kinda dead but 2016 was sorta a resurrection for many shoe heads.

Last edited:
depends on the individuals style to me.

like a certain way of rocking jordans has jumped the shark for me. emphasis on for me.

but when i see someone rocking casual clothes...like non hype beast clothes...could be a sweater and some jeans...and they got on 4s or 5s or 6s....thats still looks cool to me.

like this

same with boost. if u got that hype beast fit i wouldn't eem look in that direction because i see it all the time.
This 100%. Jordan's with a typical hype beast outfit is 
sick.gif
 to me. Its boring and overplayed. 

But rock the 5s with the casual Merona 
pimp.gif
 Thats when the fits get interesting 

Metallic 5s and Infrared 6s are the only two i currently mess with. 

Back
Top Bottom