Have Jordans jumped the shark?

they getting it from Kanye.
I'd actually say they are just carrying on from previous generations. Jays are "supposed" to be the it shoe, that's just the way things are and that's what they keep perpetuating.

Similar to "boys will be boys"

Trends come and go. The question is what will you be wearing when the next wave hits?

Polo and j's tims

And no it ain't over for jordans, Jordans will never fade out because from our view yes we don't wear Jordans on a daily basis because were adults, but I have six nieces and nephews and all of them under the age of 12 talk about Jordan's and Nike. Every year gradeschool kids turn into middle school or's and then highschoolers and are replaced with a new generation none of them ever seen Michael Jordan play I know any of his accomplishments, they just know other people in class have them more sort of like we did when we were kids.

Last edited:
SB Dunks nor Air Force ones were fads. The only fad thing was the output of gimmick color ways increased in the late 2000s. And Nike did that to everything across the board including Jordans.

I can only speak based on my younger cousins and their peers, but Jordans just aren't the "it" shoe to them. They'd be just as happy in a pair of Lebrons and KDs when talking about basketball sneakers.

But their entire look is no longer athletic. You have to look at the athletes, rappers and other celebs they emulate. For me growing up, my favorite rapper was posing in jerseys and Jordan's. People now emulate Future, Travis Scott and ASAP Rocky. Those dudes aren't Jordan'd out. They'll be in as much adidas, vans and puma sneakers.

Full circle we go, gotta give a nod to Adidas for restoring order....I remember being young and walking into my local VIM and copping 3 pairs of III's with no issues....this is how it should be.

Trends come and go. The question is what will you be wearing when the next wave hits?

Polo and j's tims

And no it ain't over for jordans, Jordans will never fade out because from our view yes we don't wear Jordans on a daily basis because were adults, but I have six nieces and nephews and all of them under the age of 12 talk about Jordan's and Nike. Every year gradeschool kids turn into middle school or's and then highschoolers and are replaced with a new generation none of them ever seen Michael Jordan play I know any of his accomplishments, they just know other people in class have them more sort of like we did when we were kids.

Exactly sort of what I was getting at. It's as if people don't know or understand what they like anymore and let popular fashion and ideas influence their personal interest. I know people "outgrow" certain things in their lives and eventually move onto something else but in no way should what everyone else is doing have any bearing on that.

Last edited:
One thing I hate is when people try to slander those who collect Jays as adults.

Let them dudes cook Mayne....
Also this!!!.. Cant front, I never copped just for yambs, but being from a era that everything had to be super name brand and cost alot to have that super hood self esteem, I could never see myself copping a pair of asics, pumas etc... especially when the birds wasnt giving no play unless you rocked something they could instantly associate with "flyness" which was jays and a slew of other rapped about/ hustle type ish
Pretty much when EVERYBODY became hip to and could attain all the sought after retros the appeal died for those who didn't buy strictly for the love.
This x 1000... If you really liked copping kicks to begin with, you wasnt only copping for recognition. Its mostly the dudes that used to flex with their limited releases that are perpetuating most of the JB slander, and alot of sheep just repeat the rhetoric to sound cool
u think Jordans jumped da shark cuz 3's got overpriced 100%?

nah.

i remember when 94' Jordan III's were able to be had for $20 discount bins tie wrapped together.

Yeezys are for da beasts that take their fashion cues from social media.
And finally this, its all a cycle... I may be biased but yeezys are wack imo, just another wave that will come and go. Yeezy stans followed him to adidas, the social media taste makers dubbed them popping and now we have all this adidas is killing Nike, Yeezy jumped over the jumpman talk

Jordans have their ups and downs, but they always jump back into being relevant. I was there when precious playoff 11s where on sale for $75 and you couldnt give them away cause nobody was rocking jordans from the last year, olive 9s for $20, mocha 3s for $60 etc etc... but when they retroed the black cement 4s in '99, you couldnt find them things nowhere after release week... Let JB shut this whole retro thing down for couple years and I bet dudes would be fiending again

I definitely slowed down on Jays (well, kicks in general), and I feel other kicks like Blaze of Glorys, but i'd never go as far as saying Jordans are washed up. Especially cause of adidas
eyes.gif

Full circle we go, gotta give a nod to Adidas for restoring order....I remember being young and walking into my local VIM and copping 3 pairs of III's with no issues....this is how it should be.
this. competetion is great. 

but don't give all the credit to adidas even though they are the main ones leveling the playing field. 

there are a lot of shoe brands making good quality proiducts.

Don't let the hype fool you. As somebody who works in a retailer, Nike and Jordan are still king. The dudes who buy Yeezys, NMDs, Ultraboosts, even Retros are the minority compared to the people who buy Frees, Roshes, even the Monarch. Nike makes up about 50% (sometimes even 60%) of most stores' sales alone. Theres a reason why when you go into a store, about half of the wall has a Swoosh on it. 90% of the time somebody walks in, they go straight to the Nike wall and the first shoe they pick up is usually a Free, Pegasus, Roshe, etc. Hell, the most famous adidas model, the Superstar are more popular with 16 year old white girls than anything.

I wear adidas on a daily basis, only have 3 pairs of jordans in my rotation now

Let's just leave it at this. People who I seen rocking runners or some just chucks all wanna be cool and wear fake Yeezy. Rarely anyone where I live have the real deal. They wanna follow the hype so bad, they got some horrible knock offs. It's funny. Yeezy are ugly jays always king

Last edited:
for example dj envy....THAT way of rocking jordans is played out to me. its too easy and its everywhere. that dtlr jimmy jazz outfit

in defense of envy, baggy era rocking jordans and Contemporary urban/hood rocking jordans are its own distinctive looks or if u wanna say evolved, bit there's definitely a difference.

Let's just leave it at this. People who I seen rocking runners or some just chucks all wanna be cool and wear fake Yeezy. Rarely anyone where I live have the real deal. They wanna follow the hype so bad, they got some horrible knock offs. It's funny. Yeezy are ugly jays always king
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom