Have you met anyone famous? Who is nice? Who is a jerk?

A few other people I've seen around LA:

First celeb I ever saw out here was Omarion.  He was pumpin gas at a station close to the beach.

Ran into Terrell Owens and Erik Spoelstra at Runyon Canyon.  TO was filming for youtube (or his website or whatever).  Was pretty chill.

Saw David Beckham at a starbucks in Brentwood.  People we're inside losing their ****.  I didn't realize it was him til somebody told me.  Was in a nice Range.

Saw Sanaa Lathan leaving VIP in the club a couple years back.  Super bad in person.

Saw Jamie Hector (Marlo from the wire) going into the coffee bean downtown.

Met Nipsey Hussle at the opening of his Fatburger on Crenshaw & Slauson.  Very cool dude.

Chopped it up with DJ Quik numerous times.  He gets his hair braided at the same shop that I get cut up at.

Saw Nick Young downtown walking with his son a couple years ago.

Met Tinashe and Anderson Paak, while working security for their meet and greets at Urban Outfitters in Hollywood.  Tinashe is pretty cute even WO makeup.

Also saw Cole from Martin, at some event at SIR in Hollywood.  He was driving a Nissan Altima 
tired.gif

Saw Lira Galore (does she count as a celeb? 
laugh.gif
) leaving Playhouse.  My homie tried to bag her, and she didn't even look his way 
mean.gif

I don't really like bothering celebs in public which is why I don't have many stories involving actual interaction 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Got the opportunity to meet a few folks...

Demarcus Cousins, Taylor Swift, Whiz Khalifa, Pitbull, Kevin Hart, Demi Lovato, Blake Shelton, Lil Wayne, TI & Hannibal Buress were all extremely nice and personable.

Mike Bibby is probably the only person I've met who I wasn't a fan off - cocky/ego.

Last edited:
Met a lot of artists, Yeezus Christ himself back in 07 (in-store signing) he was cool, shook his hand said "Oh ****! what up Kanye?" couldn't take a pic though because of rules that day 
mean.gif
, Lil B the BasedGod, A$AP Rocky is cool as hell, Big Sean while on his FF VOL.2 tour, now that is one cool dude talked for a good 20 minutes, Travis Scott back when he was here in Chicago, cool as hell too. Aside from the rappers, Anthony Anderson, Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks), Deepak Chopra 
laugh.gif
, Shaun Livingston, Floyd Mayweather (really nice guy even suggested on photo opp), Chris Gardner (super nice guy) and the biggest a hole I can think is Steve Harvey. Man do I dislike this guy, won't even say hi to you. There's probably some I'm forgetting but that's what I can think of right now. 

Ran into NT's own Wale on South Beach during spring break season. Nice guy, looked like he just bought some shoes too. This was years ago, Daequon Cook's rookie season, because I remember seeing him n Beasley just before that too.

Met Stalley last year at a concert in Baltimore. Todd him he was my Idol and shared my Bout my rough days a few years back and how his music kept me going. Real dope dude. Felt like I knew him already. Got some pictures, a video, he signed my BCG snap back and dshirt. Will never forget that night.

i think that it always depends on the situation.

if youre interrupting someone, or going up to them in a rude manner, there's a high chance the person is gonna be not the nicest.

ive met celebs that have been super nice for no reason, and other just rude cuz they dont wanna deal with people.

Madlib came through my old job a lot, but he seemed really reserved to himself and gave off that vibe like he didn't really want to be bothered with that noise.

Andre Royo (Bubbles from The Wire) also came through a lot, but he also acted the same. Only time he didn't act like that was when he came in with an Asian lady friend and actually joked around.. wanted to say "Peace Out Bubbles" sooo bad
laugh.gif

I was working at an Arby's/Spinx gas station after high school and Buff Bagwell (WCW wrestler) and his wife came into the restaurant part to eat. According to his wife, he had taken some sort of pills to keep him up while they were driving the night before (to a wrestling show in Georgia I believe), so he was all loopy and groggy. By the time they were done eating, he was totally out of it so his wife asked me to help her get him to the car. He shoved me away and mumbled something under his breathe so I backed off. Wife told him that wasn't cool and some other dude helped them out. Crazy cause I liked him as a wrestler but was like "screw this guy" after that encounter.

my friend and i started doing the the whole myspace layout gig when it was crackin' and worked with ben baller, ben was cool with dj skee and game so he linked us up, my friend started to get into photography and the game invited us to the 'one blood' video shoot, my friend was taking pics and i was just chillin'. met the whole BWS camp. kendrick was there (but this was the beginning of TDE- jay rock was barely getting songs out at that time).

got invited to the "wouldn't get far" video shoot, that's when i met yeezy, didn't really get to talk to him, but i was just chillin' next to Don C, IBN Jasper, and GLC the whole time. now my friend helps nipsey hussle with the TMC / P2P movement.

Met a few celebrities. Didn't have an in depth interaction with them, but I've had a chance to meet them in person and they seemed like pretty chill people.

Zab Judah
Mike Tyson
Muhammad Ali
Apl.De.Ap
Bill Burr

Bunch of players from the Calgary Flames.

met Ron Harper (Bulls/Cavs) at my cousin's wedding reception.

he just got done playing a round of golf and my cousin's husband invited him to the reception.

he took pictures with a bunch of people and was super cool.

a lot of us were geeking out because we grew up watching the Bulls dynasty.

my friend and i started doing the the whole myspace layout gig when it was crackin' and worked with ben baller, ben was cool with dj skee and game so he linked us up, my friend started to get into photography and the game invited us to the 'one blood' video shoot, my friend was taking pics and i was just chillin'. met the whole BWS camp. kendrick was there (but this was the beginning of TDE- jay rock was barely getting songs out at that time).

got invited to the "wouldn't get far" video shoot, that's when i met yeezy, didn't really get to talk to him, but i was just chillin' next to Don C, IBN Jasper, and GLC the whole time. now my friend helps nipsey hussle with the TMC / P2P movement.

George?

Met Vincent Kompany a few times. Long time ago though. Despite living in a small rural town, a nearby soccer organization held annual junior tournaments with people from all over the country and beyond joining in. Even junior teams from Spain etc. Saw Kompany there a few times but I'm not sure if he was there for someone in particular or if he just wanted to watch the junior teams. I didn't really ask him anything personal. He was always very friendly and down to earth with everyone around him though. It was a big event but our "stadium", if you could even call it that, didn't hold much seats. Maybe a few thousand at most. So it was a surprise to meet Kompany there of all places. I think at the time he was still playing for Anderlecht.

Last edited:

George?

jorge aka JP.

Back
Top Bottom