Having No Experience In the Job You're Being Interviewed For.....

what's up guys. A friend of mine was able to get me an interview for a stock position job at the store he works at. he told me to submit my resume to theirwebsite and fill out an application online. he also put in a word for me. a couple of days later they call me and we set up an interview. its for a stockposition.
I have no experience in stock and my friend just told me that other people applying will most likely have a lot job stock experience.
so what should I say to the lady interviewing me since I have no experience?? when my boy told me about how others will have experience it made me feel like myinterview will most likely be a waste.
any help would appreciated. thanks

Just tell them you volunteered at a food bank or some other charitable entity, and you helped with the stock work. Since this is likely not on your resume, tell them it's something you did a few times during the holiday season if they ask you about it. I don't see anything wrong with lying aboutexperience if the job you're applying for is easy as ****.

An interview is nothing more than an opportunity for them to see if they can work with you personality wise...

...regardless of your experience, if they didn't feel like you could do the job - you wouldn't have gotten an interview.

Originally Posted by 18th letter

How experienced do you need to stock?

OP got me thinking he was about to interview with Charles Schwab or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 214TX972

stocking is easy.... not hard at all
Theres not much to it
That'd be comedy if this was his answer when the interviewer asks, "Do you have any stock experience?"

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

An interview is nothing more than an opportunity for them to see if they can work with you personality wise...

...regardless of your experience, if they didn't feel like you could do the job - you wouldn't have gotten an interview.

that's how I felt first, but now i'm thinking that they haven't even looked at my resume and only called me b/c of my friend.

thanks for the replies guys. and the job is at a retail flagship store.

tell a lie or tell them the truth with a hint of delusion by telling them that if given the job you will become the best stocker the store has ever had.

Don't even worry, if your friend put in the word and they already set up an interview you're pretty much good. In some retail places, they rather youhave no experience cause they can teach you what they want you to do, and not what another company did. Good luck.

Dont even worry about it my dude stocking is simple. Sure, everyone has a certain way they do things but you'll learn that on the job.

Let us know how it goes.

hopefully your friend put in a real good word for you. you can say the hours work perfectly with your schedule, and since youre looking for extra income withthis 2nd job, you were looking for a position that you can pick up quickly without having prior experience.

if you've ever picked something up and put it somewhere else, then you have experience stocking....its probably because you have no experience thatyou're being interviewed for stock and not anything else

Originally Posted by eight2one

Originally Posted by 18th letter

How experienced do you need to stock?

laugh.gif
I got a job stocking back in the day without expierence.
Me too. 15 years old part time at Price Chopper. The job was a joke. Half the time we were in the freezer eating drumstick ice cream cones from"damaged" boxes.

thanks fo the replies. will let u kno how it goes. the reason I was askin for help is because it's a high end retail flagship store.....not footlocker

Back
Top Bottom