HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just finished S2..I've never seen a show improve as vastly as this show from season 1 to 2 and I loved Season 1 after i finally gave it a chance.

So many questions..but I'm fine with that

Did anyone else get that David Lynch/Twin Peaks vibe during Kevin's time in purgatory?

Last edited:
Anyone else think Ericka and the son left John? Evie and Meg are scumbags. If they bring this show back I hope they get their just deserts.

Lowkey the mom is a scumbag as well. I think Evie knew her moms plan of leaving the family/her + the mom never having the courage to up and leave John WHILE taking her kids with her. That's why she wrote "you understand" when the mom was crying about why she was doing this. She was practically going to leave Evie with the father, knowing damn well he's a ticking time bomb. **** the mom b

Last edited:
The way ya'll talking about s2, man, i'm holding out hope. Got a tough time getting through S1 so far, **** is just weird with no explanation.

Lowkey the mom is a scumbag as well. I think Evie knew her moms plan of leaving the family/her + the mom never having the courage to up and leave John WHILE taking her kids with her. That's why she wrote "you understand" when the mom was crying about why she was doing this. She was practically going to leave Evie with the father, knowing damn well he's a ticking time bomb. **** the mom b

Yup thats what i got from the "You understand"

The way ya'll talking about s2, man, i'm holding out hope. Got a tough time getting through S1 so far, **** is just weird with no explanation.

It gets better. We were all right there with you during season 1 .. every week were in here asking each other questions trying to make sense of things.

Season 1 really picks up the energy/action or w/e towards the last 3-4 episodes i think.

Man everything on the bridges with mothers in the finale had me
Both mom trying to protect the babies

Didnt understand evie saying she understood

The theme song somes up the character mentality

My boy told me to try this show out the day before thanksgiving. I followed the thread as I watched and if t weren't for this thread I would have definitely given up by episode 2.

Just finished the season 2 finale. Amazing season. That variant Curren$y had me mad as hell the whole season. Burning Eddie Einslow's house then Shooting the homie kev :smh:

Lowkey thought Evie was gonna off herself after she wrote "you understand." Isn't that what Ptti told Kevin right before she stabbed herself?

Oh and

1. Nora
2. Jill
3. Evie
4. Aimee

Last edited:
I like how through this entire season, we've refused to call Darius McCrary's character anything other than Eddie Winslow.
laugh.gif

Do any of you know his character's actual name on the show, without goggling or checking Wikipedia? Because I don't.
laugh.gif

I can only speak for myself, but everytime Eddie did his palm thing I thought that there must be some magic clue inside the gentle walls of his house. Too bad John didn't
see the tower of dreams or the real love burstin' out of every seam of Eddie's house and burned it down. I guess that's how days go by in Jarden.

Lowkey thought Evie was gonna off herself after she wrote "you understand." Isn't that what Ptti told Kevin right before she stabbed herself?

Oh and

Oh yeah that is what Patti said huh

I like how through this entire season, we've refused to call Darius McCrary's character anything other than Eddie Winslow. :lol:

Do any of you know his character's actual name on the show, without goggling or checking Wikipedia? Because I don't. :lol:

It was Isaac wasnt it?

I can only speak for myself, but everytime Eddie did his palm thing I thought that there must be some magic clue inside the gentle walls of his house. Too bad John didn't
see the tower of dreams or the real love burstin' out of every seam of Eddie's house and burned it down. I guess that's how days go by in Jarden.

Bruh :rofl:

I damn near chokednon my.coffee at work people like you ok

bruh, i was reading this and slowly went into singing it.

Yeah it always happens. Like when you read a quote by someone and you end up reading it in their voice

I still can't connect the source of Liv Tyler's anger towards Jarden. I mean Winslow ended up not being a fraud correct?

It's nothing you gotta look deep for. Meg targeted Jarden cuz it was the only place in the world that was unaffected by the departures in a bad way. If anything it had the ppl of the town thinking they were special. That the town was in a sense untouchable. She remembers when she went their with her fiancé the sayings and how the ppl in the town were. I mean the place is literally a tourist attraction because nobody there departed.

So she took on what the GR stands for and wanted to make the ppl of the town remember that the world ended 4 years ago in October. Turning the town in to lawless chaos with all the crazies who wait outside of the town definitely did that.

In the end, Meg is just an angry sad person who lost her mom the day before the departures and really wants to feel something different by doing bad **** to other ppl.

But after that . They had another conversation

Plus did she have realy really explosive
After that he told her what her mom was going to tell her before dying but they didn't' show that. Just Meg leaving the house and lying to her fiancé about Eddie being another fake psychic.

That is eddie winslow.

He moved to jarden after his sister judy went up stairs and never came back
He possible got his powers of clairvoyant from an experiment from steve urkel during his attenpt to become stephan urkel

Back
Top Bottom