HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bm7nVsD.gif

I think not having to follow the book really helped this season and I expect season 3 to be phenomenal. Some stories are better as books than tv shows or movies.

Man I fell behind all season, only caught up until episode 3 :smh: . I need to take a Saturday/Sunday to finish it completely.

Season 1 was aight, I understand the mass exodus though. Takes a while to buy into that world with so many questions unanswered. Luckily it had good dialogue and acting to hold you until things unfolded a bit more.

I honestly did not catch on that the show was renewed for it's 3rd season AND it would be the final season :lol: :smh:

Bittersweet. I guess Lindelof was told by HBO to cut his losses due to ratings. No meandering for 5+ seasons.

I honestly did not catch on that the show was renewed for it's 3rd season AND it would be the final season :lol: :smh:

Bittersweet. I guess Lindelof was told by HBO to cut his losses due to ratings. No meandering for 5+ seasons.

He always wanted not to drag on for no reason.
"It's a gut instinct," he said. "I feel like there's more story, but not MUCH more. And I don't want to drag it out unnecessarily. Lots of fans and critics understandably had a sense that we could have ended after season two... That was a strong indication we were closer to the end than the beginning."

Last edited:
Sounds like he learned all his lessons from LOST :lol: Found a way to make a quality show and please fans.

Maybe S3 has 12 or 13 eps. If he keeps this up he may get the goodwill back he lost. A few more tinkering and he'll be able to hit that sweet spot of having a hit show and a great show with a satisfying ending.

Lost didn't really drag on imo. It just focused on a bunch of mysteries to drive the show, sucked at giving answers, and then tried to switch up and tell us "it was all about the characters" at the last minute.

Damon did learn a bunch though. The show is really good at raising questions (like Lost), but it's been pretty clearly about the characters the whole time. It should be much easier to deliver a satisfying ending, even if they leave a bunch of questions hanging.

Just found out it got renewed :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I'm actually happy it's the final season, because lets be honest.. how much more off the wall shh could they pull off before it got tedious and corny? :lol:

The way S2 was, I'm hoping it's in the same vein. :pimp:

Good stuff.

I hope Rico is in season 3 to take care of Calvin again. Hate that dude.

Glad to see they're ending it after season 3. Don't wanna hang on too long like Dexter :smh:

Why does Michael say "your dad's house" when Erika asks him where he's been? I thought Virgil was John's dad.

There won't be any pieces picked up though, just Lindelhoff riffing on American families and their dynamics and social dilemmas through these characters, and maybe some new ones. It's the catastrophic events and trips they're all a part of that are supposed to distract us from that, what's always there but people sort of refuse to address or choose to live with.

No hate, he's doing well at what he does plus I never saw LOST so this is my first go around.

Last edited:
Just finished both seasons.

Love love love this show. Absolutely beautiful.

They played both variations of "Where is My Mind?" :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom