Holiday '10: Nike Air Go LWP Returns

Originally Posted by theblotted

oh and for those wondering about fit - it's true to size, if not a hair bigger.

love the quick lace system.

Thanks for the pinks breagham.

But what's the retail on these jawns?

^^

The part about them not being aligned is ok, even though they could have corrected that by now.

But, the blotchy paint on the midsole has no excuse.

I had these back in high school...there was no cushioning in the forefoot at all...felt like I was wearing sandals

thanks theblotted for the review!
hmmm so hard to decide on these... i'm kind of in the same boat, kobe v is my go-to shoe but these have been a #1 grail for the last 10 years...

the blue Flight script (instead of white), which i will admit is only a very minor change, in my opinion totally kills the look of the shoe. if you compare pics of the OG and the retro, the OG just stands out way more because of the white script.

i mean seriously nike is it that hard to put out an accurate retro. 
i understand nike doing it to differentiate for the OGs for collectors but really how many Air GO LWPs OGs are floating around? Not only do I think the OGs are already rare as hell but of the very few people that have OGs how many would be wearing them outside? if there's more than 20 people in the world that do this I'd be realllllllllllly surprised!

rant over.

anyone got any recommendations on markers etc to make the script white? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jca998

^^

The part about them not being aligned is ok, even though they could have corrected that by now.

But, the blotchy paint on the midsole has no excuse.
exactly, we're in 2010 now and we don't have the technology to align the paint on point? smh. 
what part of midsole is blotchy? the midsole texture has this almost lunar-like stripes, so maybe those ridges are making it look blotchy? sorry for the over-exposed poor pics.. 

anticop/duma, you're welcome. i agree 100%. white cursive makes it way classier. i think our only hope is to restitch it in white... and i think anybody still wearing the OG doesn't get the same cushioned feel. i'm actually surprised how comfy these are for being retro's, esp seeing what happened to Air Max's small bubbles and Jordan cardboards. 

biggest mystery to me is why does this cw doesn't wanna show the transparent air bubble in the bottom. the OG did it, the wolf-grey retro did it. but this one is a transparent layer, then just solid black. i know this part was the weakest point about LWP's, gets scratched up most easily so the logo inside becomes hidden... but i thought being able to see inside the air bubble was the whole selling point.. 
indifferent.gif

^

Not on your pair.

I saw a pair on Friday, up close, and the white paint on the midsole looks like it was painted with an old paint brush with dried on paint.

im pretty sure they're 115....

regardless ill cop, on sale...just cuz i know everyone else is sleeping.

I'll cop when they reach outlet. Orlando joints don't do it for me now like they did when they first came out. I like the white/black ones more (not wolf grey) because of the color blocking that makes it look more aggressive than the Orlandos.

are those at hoh ny? those are dope, tim hardaway was always one of my favorites, killer crossover

as much as i love Timmy, that navy on that cw is not very appealing. and the fact that he never wore it makes it not too special. can't exactly call it PE... Black/Royal otoh, IS his personal color; even tho everybody associates Black/Royal with Orlando/Penny for some reason.

btw, after a day of casual wear, the right side heel is starting to squeak...

I like the Timbug version, but I'm glad the OG color is the GR and that those are the HOH version. I can walk into HOH next weekend when I'm in NY and know they'll still be there if I like them enough in person to cop. Can't say the same for Olympic Uptempos, them joints have probably been GONE for a minute now.

Back
Top Bottom