Holiday '10: Nike Air Go LWP Returns

There was a Nike shoe that came out around the same time as these and had a very similar sole. White/black upper was similar and they had a strap across the fore foot. I've tried searching and can't come up with pic or anything. I was on a site just trying different shoes from 90's listed and it didn't never come up. The retail was around $80. Does anybody happen to know what these were call? Can someone help me here?

Originally Posted by mjvc

There was a Nike shoe that came out around the same time as these and had a very similar sole. White/black upper was similar and they had a strap across the fore foot. I've tried searching and can't come up with pic or anything. I was on a site just trying different shoes from 90's listed and it didn't never come up. The retail was around $80. Does anybody happen to know what these were call? Can someone help me here?

you're prob thinking of Air Gone. the sole is similar to Air Go, but actually the same as Air Lambaste:
b70cb5a4kg1.jpg

if not, you most likely can find it at taicho's archives... http://my.opera.com/pride...p;show=&perscreen=20

Thank you theblotted!! That's them!! I had a pair in like 8th grade and they were white/black.

np mjvc. thank taicho for uploading the old school catalog.. very helpful.

i had the Lambaste's in 10th grade and man they were comfy and performed so well as a low top. never sprained. was real sad when the soles were gone... nike retro both of them asap!

...ok back to Air Go LWP. ordered Black/Royals from PYS, should be arriving next monday.

just got the Black/Royals from PYS.

first impression. a few frails but overall nice quality. not as light as Kobe V. extremely comfy, even tho you don't feel zoom as much. laces not as hard as OG. the bottom air pocket window has a layer of transparent window, then the inside air is not see thru. dunno why, but can't see the Nike logo inside the air bubble. strange. still wished the Flight logo on side was white, but hey this has been my grail since high school so this is still welcomed.

will take it out to ball later.

oh and for those wondering about fit - it's true to size, if not a hair bigger.

love the quick lace system.

Originally Posted by theblotted

oh and for those wondering about fit - it's true to size, if not a hair bigger.

love the quick lace system.

thanks for the info.  Mind posting some pics if you get a chance.

jz8vn4.jpg
21owsvk.jpg
260z62d.jpg
2rxb2ty.jpg
29e2npc.jpg

came back from hooping. today was a bit chilly here in LA, so the hardwood floor is more on the slippery side. nevertheless, i thought these would have better traction, given the deep herringbone pattern. tried wiping off bottom, even spit/rub on the court side to see if it improved it or not. not really. i'm hoping a bit more breaking in of the sole's rubber will improve this.

comfort wise, LWP's are extremely comfy. air pocket in back and zoom in front is a nice ride. it started bouncier at first, but slowly started to settle-in towards the end. inside, no stitching cuz of inner booty - so no rubbing anywhere, it's instant sock feel right out of the gate. can't say that about most bball shoes. 

size wise, LWP feels a little larger (almost similar to Alpha I's), so gotta pull the laces pretty tight to get a lockdown i'm used to on Kobe V's (my go-to hoop kicks now). these retro's toebox don't curl up as much as OG, thus more toe wiggle room. maybe that contributes to the lesser lockdown feel. but at least the laces didn't come undone as easily as the OG's - the softer laces def helps. 

despite the layers of leather, breathability wasn't an issue.

after some full court game, switched back to Kobe V ID's w clear soles. V's had much better traction, even tho it's getting almost close to all smooth. cushion wise V's were lower to ground, but a little harder than LWP. V's are def the winner in lockdown dept. V's just had the "form to foot" feel; but then again this is my first time for LWP so i'm guessing just needs to be broken in more. 

let's see how the LWP performs in the next few weeks. oh the white parts crease pretty easy. i'm waiting on my 2nd pair for casual. 

Quality on these is horrible.

The midsole looks like it was painted by a blind person, its not aligned and blotted in some parts.

Nike needs to keep an eye on quality control they are messing up these OG's for me.

Originally Posted by theblotted

Originally Posted by mjvc

you're prob thinking of Air Gone. the sole is similar to Air Go, but actually the same as Air Lambaste:
b70cb5a4kg1.jpg

if not, you most likely can find it at taicho's archives... http://my.opera.com/pride...p;show=&perscreen=20

I wish i could find a nds or ds pair of those air flight ones... 

Pics look really good actually. I'll def. cop but they'll go on sale, so I'll wait. I really don't see these selling very well, but if they feel right I'll get two pairs. It's a shame a shoe like this gets slept on so hard, but to each their own. They were sort of slept on back then too.

jca, if you looked @ the Miami OG's on p.16, you'll notice that it's not aligned and "blotted" (pun?) either. in fact it's worse. but yeah i agree there should be no excuse for this.

quick corrections: there IS stitching on the inner booty's inside, but where it does happen is kinda recessed dented in so you don't feel it... kinda hard to describe.. also, i think the reason why OG had the toebox curl is cuz it was well-worn and broken in. when i flex the LWP for softening it started to take shape like OG's; and i recall i had to do the same 15 yrs ago for varsity ballin.. or maybe i just have short stubby toes lol.

like i said this cw have been my grails all these years, so jumpin on them (x2) is worth it. other cw i can wait, if they go on sale even better... orlando home's = easy cop.

Back
Top Bottom