HOLIDAY 2021 - Cool Grey 11

With StockX and GOAT the demand will wane some because people no longer will get them for Christmas.

You would be cutting it close now with the shipping to them and receiving them.

reason why all nyc consignment shops are selling them for 400 and better and their flying . After Christmas here comes the tax money right after

Almost forgot to mention how trash it was when you realize they slipped those cardboard shoe horns in the shoe.. the PL is wild thin then they remove the valid inserts.. but those anorexic 2010's had them.

Not a huge deal but a big petty.. come on son :lol:

reason why all nyc consignment shops are selling them for 400 and better and their flying . After Christmas here comes the tax money right after
Along with all the other releases. By the time the patent breds release there should start to be some distraction from these. I'm gonna wait it out to try and double unless I get a retail opportunity.

Now they just taunting us with all the Fanny pack and backpack cool grey restocks back to back today..

Was able to get an EA pair and a pair from Footlocker. Last year, I was only able to get 1 pair of jubilee xis at retail. I try to get 3 pairs of each xi, so 1 more cool grey to go, but if they don't drop to 300 or less I'm not biting. The 2 jubilee pairs I got off eBay last year were around 275 or so shipped. It sucks that these are going for so much, but then again my pair from Footlocker came out to 248 shipped! They didn't give the free shipping on these, which I'm not surprised as why would they give away 8 bucks haha.

This is so true. I’ve been COAXED into buying things at resale and now I think it’s the norm. I should leave it at if I can’t get it for whatever it’s sellin at out the store, settle for some new balance or ASICS instead.
Yep! People have been manipulated to believe paying above retail is the new retail

Heard a dad saying his daughter wanted a $600 pair of Yeezy
Dad doesn't know retail is $220 and his teenage daughter thinks stockx is an online store that sells hard to get shoes
I can only imagine how many parents out here unknowingly paying $150-$250 over retail for their kids to have Yeezys and Jordans

All facts and I'm glad you said this, everyone acts like at these ages you become a default dad type and stop liking what you like. I'm exactly the same (interests wise) as I was at 10 15 20 25.. im mid 30s now. I just added more interests. I was waiting for some light switch to happen but it doesnt.

Only thing I do more now is protect my peace, so if I stop buying sneakers its going to be because the process gives me more headache than happy.
Yeah, it's just a function of the fact that when you're 20, you imagine yourself at 40 and can't fathom it. I felt the same way. Then it goes by (frighteningly) quickly, and you realize all those people you thought were so "old" when you were 20 and looked at a 40-year-old ... really weren't nearly as ancient as you thought they were. If anything, the opposite effect happens sometimes: I remember being 20, 25, and thinking I was so grown up and knew everything, and now when I see an early-20s-year-old, I'm like, damn, you're basically still just a kid . When I was 34, my girlfriend for a year was 23. It mostly wasn't an issue, she was great, but there were more than a few times when dealing with her on certain things made me think, I am literally dating a teenager :rofl:

it's crazy that the low-top cool greys are going for more than the highs now. the lows are more comfortable than highs I'm not going to lie. but a low exceeding the price of an almost og shoe kinda nuts to me.

it's crazy that the low-top cool greys are going for more than the highs now. the lows are more comfortable than highs I'm not going to lie. but a low exceeding the price of an almost og shoe kinda nuts to me.

Supply and demand. Not fair to compare a shoe that released 3 years ago to one that dropped a week ago.

20211207_134547.jpg
20211128_103329.jpg

Extra $5 for the cardboard my friend lmao.
They were going for the throwback retro packaging...totally intentional nothing to do with cost cuts right? 😂😂
True story did however swap out the fancy red trees for cardboard in my Breds, judge me not.

Yeah, it's just a function of the fact that when you're 20, you imagine yourself at 40 and can't fathom it. I felt the same way. Then it goes by (frighteningly) quickly, and you realize all those people you thought were so "old" when you were 20 and looked at a 40-year-old ... really weren't nearly as ancient as you thought they were. If anything, the opposite effect happens sometimes: I remember being 20, 25, and thinking I was so grown up and knew everything, and now when I see an early-20s-year-old, I'm like, damn, you're basically still just a kid . When I was 34, my girlfriend for a year was 23. It mostly wasn't an issue, she was great, but there were more than a few times when dealing with her on certain things made me think, I am literally dating a teenager :rofl:
One thing I realized about getting older is you stop clowning people for getting old and it’s straight up disrespectful. i know my little cousins talk mad **** about us getting old, but they don’t realize when we were teenagers they were just born lol

Got mine today and wow JB you really put those cardboard shoe trees in these....lmao
Was that the case with all the Cool Greys? I was surprised too because all the Concords and Playoff 11s I’ve had had the plastic trees. I told my wife I might have got bamboozled :lol:

The point that im making is that the entire system on how we buy shoes today is based on everybody paying resell in some form or fashion. It's nothing to go back and forth on about, because what im stating is facts.

The majority of people that I know, invlove themselves in that BS point system, that the majority of these retailers make us participate in. That's based on you getting picked like a lottery system, just have a chance to buy shoes that you really want. So in actuality that's a form of manipulation in being a constant consumer for a company, even if you don't want to be.

That's something that I will never do in this lifetime. Im not a reseller, and Im not going to buy products periodically from a shoe store that I don't want or need, just in order to buy 3 or 4 releases throughout the year that I want. That's wasting money when I can put in the work and get lucky at retail, or cough up $200 - $300 all together for a shoe that I actually want before the release date.

Everybody can give their opinions about reselling on highly demanded releases, but there's nobody out here that's actually hitting at retail and not a penny more on every release, unless if they're directly plugged in the inside in some way.

Almost forgot to mention how trash it was when you realize they slipped those cardboard shoe horns in the shoe.. the PL is wild thin then they remove the valid inserts.. but those anorexic 2010's had them.

Not a huge deal but a big petty.. come on son :lol:

I remember them saying 11s were more because of the packaging. :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom