Home Buying & Real Estate Thread

Anyone use Nest products in their home ? Thoughts ? I got the thermostat I ordered today. I'm thinking of getting the outdoor camera.

I use the thermostat and I like it. Remote access is key. Don't utilize the smart learning as much because we have a 1 year old but the capability is good.

We used to use the Nest thermostats on our projects but switched over to the Honeywell wifi ones.

The nightmare is over. Finally closed. We hired a painter to start on Saturday. We'll hopefully have some tenants upstairs for $2200 a month soon. 6 bed/4.5 bath. It felt good to pull up to the house and not have to look for parking. :lol:

The nightmare is over. Finally closed. We hired a painter to start on Saturday. We'll hopefully have some tenants upstairs for $2200 a month soon. 6 bed/4.5 bath. It felt good to pull up to the house and not have to look for parking.
laugh.gif
Wrong! You still have to get all the furniture up those stairs.
laugh.gif

Seriously though, Congrats!

582 a month? Congrats!
Yeah, it's a mortgage impound account too, so insurance and escrow is all in that 582$.  Crazy how affordable it is in some places.
Congrats
pimp.gif
what are you expecting to charge in rent?
Rent-o-meter says 1050$/month is average, neighborhood scout says 1250$/month is average. I'd be happy with either or somewhere in between. I've got a property manager to handle it.

Looking into replacing my fence since its warping/falling apart. I have a big yard (405 feet of fence). Quotes I got for both wood/vinyl. Vinyl is around $4k more. Anyone know if it is worth the difference? (Value to the house for when I resell) kinda don't wanna spend $9500 on a fence, and I actually think I like the look of the wood fences better, but just wanted to get some opinions

What do the neighbors have?

If everyone else has the more expensive fence then you may lose some value but on the flip side if everyone has wood you might not get the full value that you paid.

Yeah I live in a small subdivision (probably around 60 houses). Only 1-2 house have the vinyl fence. Most have wood or no fence at all

Congrats to all the new homeowners! Ya'll killing it 
nthat.gif
Been wanting to buy a property for the last year, currently looking into a new construction in the DMV area. Will be posting updates.

Congrats to all the new homeowners! Ya'll killing it :nthat: Been wanting to buy a property for the last year, currently looking into a new construction in the DMV area. Will be posting updates.

Nice, which community are you looking at?

Currently looking at Ashburn (hoping the Metro line increases value when phase 2 completes at 2019) or Alexandria near Kingstowne. Any suggestions?

My friend was looking at a condo in Ashburn (Toll Brothers is the builder can't remember the community name). The metro is supposed to be close to it.

My only advice buy what you can afford and buy close to a metro (10-15 mins max) .

Yeah I live in a small subdivision (probably around 60 houses). Only 1-2 house have the vinyl fence. Most have wood or no fence at all

Go with the wood fence. You won't see a return in $ if you plan on selling your home in the future if you go with vinyl. If anything, try doing wood slats like this. This is what I usually do on our flips. It's inexpensive and it also gives a custom look and we've gotten a lot of compliments on it.

Sup fellas, can anyone recommend a real estate lawyer. I got a recommendation from a coworker but the lady has been unreachable. I'm in the NYC area and this will be for a NJ property

My friend was looking at a condo in Ashburn (Toll Brothers is the builder can't remember the community name). The metro is supposed to be close to it.

My only advice buy what you can afford and buy close to a metro (10-15 mins max) .
Haha thanks! We actually just signed today, price is about 500k with options. Delivery date is late December and we can't wait! The metro will be built a mile away by 2019. Hoping to make some gains!! Pictures are from the model home

Back
Top Bottom