Houston Texans Pre-Season 2014 - NT Bowl 2.5...Battle For Roster Spots

^Just heard about that right now. Barring any trading of picks, man, Texans need to hit on like 6 of 11 of those :lol:

Our window shut pretty fast because we capitalized on it at its peak. Our window was pretty open 08-10 but we did nothing with it. Wasted years.

Now our salary cap suffers because of those wasted years.

i've been pro manziel from day 1, but i don't want a situation like VY in tennessee where the coach wants one player, but the owner wants another. if BOB wants bortles, clowney, mack, whoever..then make it happen.

I've heard so much slander about this QB class (especially with either of them potentially going 1st) that I don't want any of them. Get Gargoyle in the 2nd round or whatever after Clowney in the 1st. Whatever it is, just make a decision with some conviction.

Dozen Texans earn big bonuses

Safety Shiloh Keo led a group of 12 Texans who received at least $100,000 in performance-based pay for last season.

Each year at the NFL’s spring meetings, the league distributes performance-based pay that’s based on playing time and base salary and is divvied up among the players.

In essence, the less a player makes and the more snaps he plays, the more he gets in performance-based pay.

Players on every team received $3.46 million for last season. Keo ($213,028) earned the most among Texans players.

Keo, guard Brandon Brooks ($189,531), safety D.J. Swearinger ($187,261), offensive tackle Derek Newton ($175,774) and tight end Ryan Griffin ($166,462) were the five Texans getting at least $150,000.

Safety Eddie Pleasant ($135,527), quarterback Case Keenum ($127,030) and tight end Garrett Graham ($126,749) earned at least $125,000.

Others getting six figures were linebacker Darryl Sharpton ($124,812), defensive end Jared Crick ($107,826), receiver Keshawn Martin ($102,278) and outside linebacker Brooks Reed ($101,969).

The player getting the least? Running back Chad Spann ($1,118).

Player, Distribution
FS Shiloh Keo, $213,028
G Brandon Brooks, $189,531
FS D.J. Swearinger, $189,261
T Derek Newton, $175,774
TE Ryan Griffin, $166,462
SS Eddie Pleasant, $135,527
QB Case Keenum, $127,030
TE Garrett Graham, $126,749
ILB Darryl Sharpton, $124,812
DE Jared Crick, $107,826
WR Keshawn Martin, $102,278
OLB Brooks Reed, $101,969
T Ryan Harris, $97,885
MLB Justin Tuggle, $97,387
NT Earl Mitchell, $88,917
WR DeAndre Hopkins, $81,288
OLB Bryan Braman, $75,945
OLB Whitney Mercilus, $70,805
C Ben Jones, $70,421
LB Jeff Tarpinian, $70,341
ILB Joe Mays, $65,906
CB Brice McCain, $65,863
RB Ben Tate, $64,105
CB Brandon Harris, $56,167
FB Greg Jones, $50,479
WR DeVier Posey, $45,503
CB Kareem Jackson, $43,102
DT Terrell McClain, $43,079
DB Josh Victorian, $41,295
DE J.J. Watt, $41,208
RB Dennis Johnson, $39,198
OLB Mike Mohamed, $39,034
K Randy Bullock, $32,570
G Wade Smith, $31,248
WR Lestar Jean, $29,800
CB Elbert Mack, $25,479
LS Jonathan Weeks, $24,927
C Chris Myers, $23,064
T Duane Brown, $22,834
CB A.J. Bouye, $21,399
RB Deji Karim, $20,772
OLB Willie Jefferson, $17,861
OLB Ricky Sapp, $17,122
RB Jonathan Grimes, $15,341
P Shane Lechler, $13,111
DB Jawanza Starling, $13,002
TE Jake Byrne, $10,746
WR Andre Johnson, $10,490
DE Antonio Smith, $10,376
ILB Brian Cushing, $9,806
ILB Tim Dobbins, $9,738
QB T.J. Yates, $9,326
CB Johnathan Joseph, $9,170
SS Danieal Manning, $8,275
DE Tim Jamison, $7,852
TE Owen Daniels, $7,361
RB Brad Smelley, $7,316
ILB D.J. Smith, $6,968
QB Matt Schaub, $6,424
FS Ed Reed, $5,889
RB Arian Foster, $4,627
ILB Tavares Gooden, $3,919
TE Phillip Supernaw, $3,857
RB Cierre Wood, $3,017
RB Ray Graham, $2,511
T Andrew Gardner, $1,553
CB Justin Rogers, $1,524
G Cody White, $1,398
RB Chad Spann, $1,118

Who tf is Chad Span 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 never heard of dude

Yea from all the interviews ive seen and how no info has leaked out it seems like we arnt sold on any qb.. Which isnt bad because not one qb really stands out

boys really dont know but in the upcoming years we will see who is the best outta this group or if they all busts.

It seems like the FO is tryna make it known that we are interested in everybody and not locking themselves into 1 guy so other teams will throw offers our way

Im still on the Bridgewater bandwagon.. Hes the best out of the group and I see him having the most success. Im glad the Manziel hype cooled off.. him at 1 woulda been 
sick.gif
sick.gif

For some reason my gut says we take Bortles.. I really hope im wrong 
laugh.gif

I wouldnt really be upset with Clowney at 1 
eyes.gif
 our dline would be pretty nice.. except we have no DT, we need an ILB, and a CB

thats why im all for getting as many picks as possible 

That said our best bet is trading down and getting  the most picks we can get.. They have tried to keep the mood up and act like we arnt in rebuilding mode but we are lol and we needa bring in as much talent as we can get

I heard of Smelley just cause he was on the roster for the last two games, I think when Dennis Johnson and Deji Karim had back to back injuries.

Texans signing Chris Clemons, stocking up on safety help

The Texans offered safety Danieal Manning a pay cut earlier.

They may have just offered someone else his job.

According to Tania Ganguli of ESPN.com, the Texans are signing safety Chris Clemons to a two-year deal.

Clemons 28, had also visited the Lions, but hadn’t found much of a market to date.

The Texans signed Kendrick Lewis last week, to go with D.J. Swearinger and Shiloh Keo.

So there probably isn’t a spot for Manning and his $4.5 million salary, or perhaps at any rate.

Looks like ESPN had jumped the gun on mentioning Manning taking a paycut. He was ASKED to take a paycut, so it is possible the Clemons may be replacing him, but nothing is official yet.

The Texans sure do love Keo :lol: he always does a little more than to keep from getting cut. Last year was probably his best overall year, but we still went 2-14, and you can teach guys speed nor to teach them how to anticipate routes instead of waiting for the opponent to make a catch, especially heading into their 4th (?) year.

Danieal Manning agreed to a restructure and paycut.

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Welp :smh: :lol:

Texans cut Danieal Manning

The Texans released Manning today, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. Manning, who was due to make $4.5 million this season, had been asked to take a pay cut.

Clemons was the second safety the Texans signed in free agency; they previously signed Kendrick Lewis. They also have D.J. Swearinger and Shiloh Keo on the safety depth chart.

The 31-year-old Manning has played the last three seasons in Houston after playing his first five seasons in Chicago. Last year he started the first six games of the season for the Texans but suffered a season-ending fractured fibula.

They actually suggested him to take a paycut and he never got back to them. Another day another casualty.

Last edited:
Wait wut...he didn't restructure? Calculated move on his part. Especially after coming off injury. $100 says he's eyeing Tampa and reuniting with Lovie. I don't think he finds a landing spot until Ryan Clark does though.

I know this should excite everyone

Texans re-sign cornerback Elbert Mack

While the Texans prepare for the start of their offseason program, they re-signed veteran cornerback Elbert Mack on Wednesday.

The players will be on the practice field Monday for phase one of their two-week conditioning program.

Coach Bill O’Brien and his position coaches can’t be on the field with the players until phase two of the program. Only new strength and conditioning coach Craig Fitzgerald and his assistants can be on the field during phase one.

Mack, a reserve cornerback who played on special teams last season, is entering his seventh season in the NFL, including his second with the Texans. He’ll compete with Brandon Harris, A.J. Bouye and Josh Victorian for the backup jobs behind starters Johnathan Joseph and Kareem Jackson.

Expect the Texans to bolster their depth at cornerback in the draft and with undrafted free agents.

The Texans have signed four veteran free agents — quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, strong safety Chris Clemons, free safety Kendrick Lewis and nose tackle Jerrell Powe — who played for other teams.

They’re expected to add more veteran free agents during the offseason program that includes organized team activities and two minicamps.

Was hoping Dennis Johnson and/or Jonathan Grimes could take spot 2-3 on the Texans. Oh well, this whole roster is gonna be revamped, I just want to know what the final 53 man and 8 practice squad roster looks like.

I think Johnson will make the roster. 

I doubt Brown is penciled in at RB 2 so it should be a battle for 2 and 3 between those 3 and prolly some rookies they bring in

Back
Top Bottom