How come Paul Pierce gets no respect?

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I don't like the way he has been playing for the past couple of years.

It's like he doesn't even try to play anymore ... he tries to get fouls.
This.

I figured since he survived an attempted murder
and then didn't snitch...

more of you ghetto cats would be on his side
yall like pac don't you?

Originally Posted by green rhino123

yall like pac don't you?

I resent that statement and the racial undertones of it.

Originally Posted by green rhino123

yall like pac don't you?
I'm not trying to say eat a %%$# and die. But it wouldn't be the worst idea.

He's one of the few max players in the game. IMO. His drama queen stuff is a bit much though.

Talbert

Some of you guys are discrediting the !%*@ outta PP.
laugh.gif
@ you guys who think he's moving slow. He's still one of the best in the NBA at creating space for his jumper, and despite what you may think...dude has always had a GREAT first step and can get to the rim at will due to his strength as well.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what HOF is Pierce a lock for?

players that put up numbers for horrible teams dont and never will get respect which they never should. and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

but he should get respect for what he is doing this year
thats what i said in the thread Shugs bring up and it still holds

he was on avg boston team with only him and walker and he was able to chuck up shots and get points and lead boston to NOTHING other then one trip to the ECF. when the going got tough in boston him and walker would go MIA. he had the same rap on him like KG and Ray allen had, would never be able to lead his team with HIM been the man and would do little to nothing in big games

do i give him credit for win the boston 3 got togther he grew some balls and put that team on his back at key times? hell yeah but lets not act like he has been a superstar his whole career and nobody has given him credit
Remember the greatest comeback in NBA playoff history? C'mon with that foolishness.

I guess 'anyone' can average 26 a night in multiple seasons, or score 20k points, or win a Finals MVP. A lock for sure.
He has never been on the NBA All-First Team. Period. That says enough.

laugh.gif
  The NBA All-First Team?

Says enough about what?  This past decade has been forward deep.  With Webber, Duncan, Dirk, LeBron, Amare, KG and others and you're going to hold that against him?  That's some really flawed logic.  Carmelo has never made the All NBA First Team and didn't make the 2nd team until this season, so I guess that says enough about him too.

doublejs- i agree with you, his first step and footwork is insane, but when people say HOF Lock, I think first ballot no question. No matter who is eligible that year along side him he will make it. IMO PP is not a hall of fame LOCK

He really hasnt accomplished much ( im not just talking about playoffs and championship, but even individual accolades)

To the other guy who says he has no weakness in his game,,,SHUT up, there are things every player can work on, Paul ballhandling skills are not the best ( have you seen him crossover?)

And whoever said PP is top 50 of all time? you have to be kidding yourself right? of ALL time? do people seriouly think like that?

PP got game but I just dont see him as HOF LOCK, I dont see him as TOP 50, and honestly in the 00s PP was never top 5 player in the league, not 1 year. No team ever feared PP until KG and Ray came along and that had to do with KG and Ray coming along

I dont know the future or past, but I think if VC or TMAC for Ray and KG both of them might have a ring, are they HOF locks as well?

The 2008 Celtics do not win the championship with either McGrady or Vince at the 3. No way no how IMO.

Pierce is def a lock for HOF. Him being a Celtic insures that. Especially if they win this series 1000% he's getting in.

Originally Posted by EB4President

doublejs- i agree with you, his first step and footwork is insane, but when people say HOF Lock, I think first ballot no question. No matter who is eligible that year along side him he will make it. IMO PP is not a hall of fame LOCK

He really hasnt accomplished much ( im not just talking about playoffs and championship, but even individual accolades)

To the other guy who says he has no weakness in his game,,,SHUT up, there are things every player can work on, Paul ballhandling skills are not the best ( have you seen him crossover?)

And whoever said PP is top 50 of all time? you have to be kidding yourself right? of ALL time? do people seriouly think like that?

PP got game but I just dont see him as HOF LOCK, I dont see him as TOP 50, and honestly in the 00s PP was never top 5 player in the league, not 1 year. No team ever feared PP until KG and Ray came along and that had to do with KG and Ray coming along

I dont know the future or past, but I think if VC or TMAC for Ray and KG both of them might have a ring, are they HOF locks as well?

When I think of someone being a "lock" for the HOF, I'm thinking they'll be inducted one way or another....whether it's in his first year of elgibility or third, Pierce will be enshrined in Springfield.  How many times when the C's are on a nat'l TV broadcast do you hear..."The Celtics have 3-HOF'ers on their roster...) not verbatim, but something along those lines?  It happens EVERY time.  These are the people who have votes....the media.  Pierce has a lot going for him, but most importantly he won a championship/Finals MVP while with the Celtics of all teams.  He's a lock. 

DoubleJs07 wrote:

When I think of someone being a "lock" for the HOF, I'm thinking they'll be inducted one way or another....whether it's in his first year of elgibility or third, Pierce will be enshrined in Springfield.  How many times when the C's are on a nat'l TV broadcast do you hear..."The Celtics have 3-HOF'ers on their roster...) not verbatim, but something along those lines?  It happens EVERY time.  These are the people who have votes....the media.  Pierce has a lot going for him, but most importantly he won a championship/Finals MVP while with the Celtics of all teams.  He's a lock. 

Just different opinions on lock....but i see what your saying.  IMO hes a very good player, but not a great player...and i dont the media votes for hall of fame, but i could be wrong

and if thats case.."gets no resspect" shouldnt even be in the question right?

laugh.gif
No team feared Pierce? He scored more points than any other player in 2001, averaged 25-26 a game for 3 straight seasons, give me a break...

Originally Posted by Proshares

Remember the greatest comeback in NBA playoff history? C'mon with that foolishness.

I guess 'anyone' can average 26 a night in multiple seasons, or score 20k points, or win a Finals MVP. A lock for sure.

laugh.gif
  The NBA All-First Team?

Says enough about what?  This past decade has been forward deep.  With Webber, Duncan, Dirk, LeBron, Amare, KG and others and you're going to hold that against him?  That's some really flawed logic.  Carmelo has never made the All NBA First Team and didn't make the 2nd team until this season, so I guess that says enough about him too.

Know what's funny about her "logic"?

bittersweet wrote:
1. Kobe
2. Melo

End it.

DoubleJs07 wrote:

Just different opinions on lock....but i see what your saying.  IMO hes a very good player, but not a great player...and i dont the media votes for hall of fame, but i could be wrong

and if thats case.."gets no resspect" shouldnt even be in the question right?

I hear ya...there's really no right or wrong answer to the whole "lock" debate
laugh.gif

and as far as the HOF Voting...

And just like George Costanza couldn't not think about the nose, I can't not think about who gets to make the selections here. We're told by the Hall of Fame's website that the Honors Committee is made up of Hall of Famers, basketball executives, media members and other contributors to the game.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2009/04/06/who-is-doing-hall-of-fame-voting/

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what HOF is Pierce a lock for?

players that put up numbers for horrible teams dont and never will get respect which they never should. and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

but he should get respect for what he is doing this year
thats what i said in the thread Shugs bring up and it still holds

he was on avg boston team with only him and walker and he was able to chuck up shots and get points and lead boston to NOTHING other then one trip to the ECF. when the going got tough in boston him and walker would go MIA. he had the same rap on him like KG and Ray allen had, would never be able to lead his team with HIM been the man and would do little to nothing in big games

do i give him credit for win the boston 3 got togther he grew some balls and put that team on his back at key times? hell yeah but lets not act like he has been a superstar his whole career and nobody has given him credit

laugh.gif
  The NBA All-First Team?

My dude, how is Paul Pierce a lock for the HOF?! His jersey is going to be retired in BOS, and he's going to be in the Celtic HOF, but damn.

He has never made the NBA All-First Team, he JUST made the 2nd team in 2009.

WHERE in that is a "LOCK" for the HOF? His achievements are "meh" for a guy that you people are saying is a lock for the HOF and a great.

If the dude has been in the league for 12 years, you have to come with a better argument about Melo who has been in for like 7.

My dude, how is Paul Pierce a lock for the HOF?! His jersey is going to be retired in BOS, and he's going to be in the Celtic HOF, but damn.

He has never made the NBA All-First Team, he JUST made the 2nd team in 2009.

WHERE in that is a "LOCK" for the HOF? His achievements are "meh" for a guy that you people are saying is a lock for the HOF and a great.

If the dude has been in the league for 12 years, you have to come with a better argument about Melo who has been in for like 7.
Do you think anyone really takes you seriously around here?

Here are some facts. The guys doing the voting for the HOF, you know, the writers and fellow HOF'ers... ALWAYS talk about Pierce as a future HOF'er. There's no doubt. Every C's game "The 3 HOF'ers" and you know damn well which 3 players they're referring to. Finals MVP, 8-time All-Star, close to 20k points, chance for 2 rings, and a guy who scored 25-26ppg in his prime...

I'll take the guys voting Pierce in over some clueless sports fan who doesn't know #@!% about anything.

I never said Paul Pierce is a lock for the HOF, I'm just stating your ridiculous criteria of just using the All NBA team against Paul like it's the end all and that it "says enough" about the argument is completely ridiculous. You are basing your ENTIRE argument around the All-NBA team like that should solidify your knowledge of Paul Pierce and HOF criteria. Like DoubleJ's said before, a HOF lock isn't saying that he'll get in first ballot but that he will get in.

I was using Melo as an example to your flawed logic on All NBA suddenly = HOF status or relevancy status. You fail to even understand any of my points towards your ridiculous mention of All NBA about how forward deep the last decade has been.

Paul Pierce was a borderline elite scorer consistently throughout his career. Besides Antoine Walker, he put that team on his back throughout his career and their playoff runs. And with all the records he broke in a Celtics uniform for that storied franchise in only 12 years of playing, you're goddamn right he belongs in the HOF.

This is the Basketball HOF not just the NBA HOF. So his First Team AA, FOTY, All Big 12 first team twice and his Conference Tournmanet MVP will be included in the voting.

Back
Top Bottom