How come Paul Pierce gets no respect?

Originally Posted by franchise3

Got that old man in the gym game.
laugh.gif
 this is the ANSWER right here.  Let's face it, every player is more or less an actor on the court. Pierce's "old man in the gym game" brings on ill-advised fouls. He's far from an actor. Actors in the league = Verajo, vujacic, ginobli, fisher

Since I've been a C's fan, Pierce has been one of my favorite C's. I remember when he was averaging 26 a game, I would brag to my buddies in HS but he always didn't get enough respect... I'm glad that I got to see him not only win a ring, but the prime years when he was almost unguardable.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

what HOF is Pierce a lock for?

thats what i said in the thread Shugs bring up and it still holds

he was on avg boston team with only him and walker and he was able to chuck up shots and get points and lead boston to NOTHING other then one trip to the ECF. when the going got tough in boston him and walker would go MIA. he had the same rap on him like KG and Ray allen had, would never be able to lead his team with HIM been the man and would do little to nothing in big games

do i give him credit for win the boston 3 got togther he grew some balls and put that team on his back at key times? hell yeah but lets not act like he has been a superstar his whole career and nobody has given him credit

You CAN NOT win with crappy talent alongside you. How can people not understand this when it is so obvious and there are numerous examples throughout history? Antoine was always an overrated chucker.  There's a reason Kobe couldn't get out of the first round with Smush and Mihm. Judging by the HOF criteria, he is a lock for the HOF. Sorry, but Pierce was a superstar for much of the 00's.

I don't like the way he has been playing for the past couple of years.

It's like he doesn't even try to play anymore ... he tries to get fouls.

I honestly feel like he plays to get fouled on every play.

Plus, I laugh everytime they show that commercial of him lifting. Stop it.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

he was on avg boston team with only him and walker and he was able to chuck up shots and get points and lead boston to NOTHING other then one trip to the ECF. when the going got tough in boston him and walker would go MIA. he had the same rap on him like KG and Ray allen had, would never be able to lead his team with HIM been the man and would do little to nothing in big games

do i give him credit for win the boston 3 got togther he grew some balls and put that team on his back at key times? hell yeah but lets not act like he has been a superstar his whole career and nobody has given him credit

You CAN NOT win with crappy talent alongside you. How can people not understand this when it is so obvious and there are numerous examples throughout history? Antoine was always an overrated chucker.  There's a reason Kobe couldn't get out of the first round with Smush and Mihm. Judging by the HOF criteria, he is a lock for the HOF. Sorry, but Pierce was a superstar for much of the 00's.

Eh, people need to start using Barkley's definition of "superstar".  There's only really been 2 superstars for most of the last decade.  Duncan & Shaq because their teams were title contenders almost every year.  I wouldn't call pierce one.  Like a hated espn personality always says, "It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good."

Originally Posted by shogun

Eh, people need to start using Barkley's definition of "superstar".  There's only really been 2 superstars for most of the last decade.  Duncan & Shaq because their teams were title contenders almost every year.  I wouldn't call pierce one.  Like a hated espn personality always says, "It's the Hall of Fame, not the Hall of Very Good."

Sit down boy.

Kobe has been in the Finals 6 times (7 if u want to count this year and 2 or 3 without Shaq) this last decade.

Tim 3 (4 if you want to include '99)

Shaq has been there 5 times once without Kobe.

players that put up numbers for horrible teams dont and never will get respect which they never should. and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

but he should get respect for what he is doing this year

Remember the greatest comeback in NBA playoff history? C'mon with that foolishness.

I guess 'anyone' can average 26 a night in multiple seasons, or score 20k points, or win a Finals MVP. A lock for sure.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

Originally Posted by shogun

Sit down boy.

Kobe has been in the Finals 6 times (7 if u want to count this year and 2 or 3 without Shaq) this last decade.

Tim 3 (4 if you want to include '99)

Shaq has been there 5 times once without Kobe.

What are you complaining about?  Duncan and Shaq ruled the last decade.  Kobe's lakers only became contenders when they robbed the grizzlies to get gasol (3 years).  
grin.gif

i guess hes a hall of famer. i wouldnt vote him in though. hes not someone who you would go out of your way to watch.

PP is probably my favorite player, i love that guy.

easily one of the best 1 on 1 players in the L today. Its crazy that dude is out of shape, fat, and slow looking and he just puts it all together and attacks the basket or goes for the sick mid range jumpshot.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

players that put up numbers for horrible teams dont and never will get respect which they never should. and from his years maken the playoffs everyone just remembers him and walker chucking all game.

Good player?? yes, a superstar?? HELL NO

but he should get respect for what he is doing this year

Remember the greatest comeback in NBA playoff history? C'mon with that foolishness.

I guess 'anyone' can average 26 a night in multiple seasons, or score 20k points, or win a Finals MVP. A lock for sure.

He has never been on the NBA All-First Team. Period. That says enough.

My HOF standard is way too high for this discussion. I don't think there should more than 10 players a decade in the HOF. Paul Pierce would not be one of these 10.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

PP is probably my favorite player, i love that guy.

easily one of the best 1 on 1 players in the L today. Its crazy that dude is out of shape, fat, and slow looking and he just puts it all together and attacks the basket or goes for the sick mid range jumpshot.
well said. People would notice this if they were able to see him play night in and night out. He gets it done amazingly even tho he's not the most brolic dude

I've learned to appreciate his offensive game b/c it's mind boggling how his unathletic @ss still gets buckets every game
laugh.gif

There are a number of NBA stars that flop, fake, and overall act like pansies on the court. Pierce's problem - he's not flashy, nor does he have any marketing appeal. Not only is dude's game ugly, he constantly looks scruffy, like a overgrown teen that doesn't know how to groom himself properly.

Originally Posted by atlballa15

There are a number of NBA stars that flop, fake, and overall act like pansies on the court. Pierce's problem - he's not flashy, nor does he have any marketing appeal. Not only is dude's game ugly, he constantly looks scruffy, like a overgrown teen that doesn't know how to groom himself properly.

Yup. His form on his three's makes me cringe. He leans into it and barely even gets off the floor, I have no clue how he makes most of them. Him playing as slow as he does now I think is attributed to how much bud he's smoked over the years. The game really probably does move in slow mo for him. Him, Sheed and Garnett were probably waiting their whole careers to play with eachother.

He's an aspiring actress who looks like the members of $!*+%+# super glued pubes on his face.

Back
Top Bottom