How come this is nowhere near as famous as Iverson's cross?

cause people still think iverson is still a top 5 player in the NBA today, and who is grant hill to NT?

Because when Ivy rocked Jordan everyone knew it was coming. It was just a matter of when Jordan would D up hard..pause. The crowd was ready and when Jordan got on AI. Iverson was like that super good freshman that got the ball against that super good senior. Can he rock Jordan? Can he embarrass the Almighty? Well you know the Answer....sort of pun.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jdi23

Because when Ivy rocked Jordan everyone knew it was coming. It was just a matter of when Jordan would D up hard..pause. The crowd was ready when Jordan got on AI. Iverson  Can he rock Jordan? Can he embarrass the Almighty? Well you know the Answer....sort of pun.
laugh.gif

This.

Ivey had taken everyone's cookies with his cross that year... Countless highlights.

So for Mike to step out there and end up on an island, everyone was waiting for it.

Then add to the fact that he didn't just cross him... He brought it back and ROCKED him AGAIN into the elbow jumper.

An Unstoppable Object vs An Immovable Force.  The Object Won.

Iverson got Jordan twice plus made the J... & the way Jordan came up to guard him, you could sense the hype & anticipation in the crowd.

Probably because Grant Hill and legions of fans didn't go on about it for years - it was a beatiful move though.

Same with that Mark Price one - he was always great to watch. Just efficient at moving the ball.

It was what Iverson represented. The new school.

The crossover was sick, but overall I think it was about a new generation of stars.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

It was what Iverson represented. The new school.

The crossover was sick, but overall I think it was about a new generation of stars.

This RIGHT here.Everytime someone brings up this moment I feel some kinda way about it (even though it was dope) because for me personally it was an indication that the Jordan era and the Bulls' reign was coming to a close.

That was nice but iverson hit him twice and then nailed the off balance j in his face. It has nothin to do with iversons fans, representing a new generation or any of that bs it was just a better play and it's not even close.

It was a flat out better play. Lighting quick double cross that shook MJ TWICE. Then the pure jumper in his grill.

But it did have a passing of the torch feel to it cause at the time Ivo was TEARING up the league with his 40/50 point scoring performances, breaking the rookie scoring record and what not. So there was a nice buzz about this matchup...then this happened....

A lot of people got MJ. It's just duds on NT and kids who think MJ never got blocked, or crossed or embarrassed.

If you play defense for a long time somebody is bound to cross you up. Any basketball Player knows this.

People forget Grant Hill was nice before the injuries. He's still a decent player now.

Back
Top Bottom