happy.gif

Originally Posted by onewearz

my best friend
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Me too.
We do tons of stuff together.
Especially, hundreds if not thousands of sports games.

outside of my wife and brother he is my best friend. my role-model, my hero, my confidant. I talk to him almost everyday still. He was tough on me when I wasyounger, but I now understand why. He is a great man, and I love him.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

I live with both of my parents.

My father has always been a man who was inept in the showing affection category. Even when I was younger, he would yell more than he would show affection.

I still love him, but most of the time we don't even speak. It's weird because I always talk to my mother. I guess I gravitated more to her because she's more open and just talks to everybody.

Same here.
I'm not his biggest fan right now tho bc of what happened on xmas
mad.gif

Cheap Dad FTL

He's hard to read after being on this earth for 20 years. love him for bringing me in this world but other than that..i can care less of him..

Mad love for my pops.

Like other's said the relationship with him isn't one like where we are best friends, but he always used to look out for me when I was young and stilldoes now.

Never seen eye to eye with my moms... ever. She only cared about her daughters and that's it.

my father has had a real fall from grace. we used to be balling had a great job. live in a dope crib all that. He and my ex-step-mother been a drug addict andalcoholic the whole time but the past few years have caught to them and they lost everything. Hes been in and out of jail the past 2 years and havent seen himfor 2 christmas. Since hes been locked up though I think hes learned his lesson

I have to say IM a lil embarassed and disappointed in him but I know he'll pull through this

My best friend, My role model, and a great father....RIP killed by a drunk $#^# driver on I-280(CA) 2 weeks before Christmas this year.

Drunk Drivers
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
smh.gif
:
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Jugly47

My best friend, My role model, and a great father....RIP killed by a drunk $#^# driver on I-280(CA) 2 weeks before Christmas this year.

Drunk Drivers
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
mad.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Sorry to hear man.

He's the reason for my existence but I know I wasnt planned, he left my mom when I was four, had to pretty much learn to be a man through television,hesstill a child and um..........................I make more than him a year, MY HERO (sarcasm)

Do I love him? I guess, I dont hate him anymore

I'm glad he's in my life mostly because there's not a lot of people who are fortunate enough to even know their fathers. There were times where Iwish he wasn't in my life because he caused a lot of problems when I was younger but I've learned a lot from him. Mostly I learned from his mistakes.Him and my moms got divorced when I was about 3 so we had a lot of child support and custody drama throughout my childhood. I would spend every other weekendwith him.

Now that I'm grown, we speak on the phone at least 3 times a week, he may come by every once in a while, usually when he needs me to help him or my littlebrother with something. For the most part we get along good besides our arguing about damn near everything we talk about.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]WHO DAT?[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]Nah, don't hate dude, cuz I don't know his situation and true reasons fordoing what he did. Years of crying over it are long gone...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]Wanna take the time to throw a few[/color]
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]'s out there to all the single black moms in America who knew how toraise a man.

Always love these threads, cuz it gives me a chance to post this... Wrote it a while ago...

[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 255)]

[/color]So many times I've wanted to call him and just ask why?
Do you know how it feels to graduate high school, go home and cry?
Why he never wrote, never spoke.
Grew up with kids saying the same "daddy don't love you joke."
But now that I'm older, I still kinda wonder if I'd cry.
By the end of the summer I'll be older, 20 in July.
Wondered what my reaction would be if I found out he died.
Probably go to his funeral as the only person who never cried.
This summer will be the second time I've tried to make contact.
Dude probably would have called me if I had an NBA contract.
But it's whatever, Moms raised me into a man.
Flipped Kanye's words to "everything he's not is everything I am."
So next time I make this call, I bet I won't cry!
Instead leave this message for the last time... "Daddy why?"

Left my mom for another woman when my brother and I were young. He pays child support for both of us every month. The dude was making BANK and came down to seeus every now and then. He got into some illegal trouble and homeboy went bankrupt. Haven't seen him and over two years but he calls every now and then. Ihave no good or bad feelings towards him but he is my father so I love dude I just don't like the fact how he left us when we were young.

I remember in 5th grade I asked him why he left us..he tells me not to talk to him about that. I'm just moving on with my life.

if you have one, it is bound to happen
pimp.gif
. i love my little girl to deathand she's become a major daddy's girl.
I hope I have a daughter... and I hope she's a daddy's girl
happy.gif

word. if you have a daughter, it's almost guaranteed to happen. my little one is a daddy's girl.

my father, what can i say: i love him. my hero. father of all fathers (of course i'm biased). i'm reading some posts about how they gravitatedtowards the mothers. my mother, i love her to death, but she's the one who doesn't show affection. she shows her harder-edged side more than loving. i'm used to her saying more negative things than nice things, so it's always hard to talk to her.

my father, i am able to speak to him when there's a problem, or even when there's something good happening. even better for a black father is thateven though my parents divorced when i was 2, he was always there. at least one good statistic to break the stereotype.

NT fathers, be there for your children. even if the mom is an unfair slutbag that uses your child against you and will not let you see the child (that'snot the case for me but i know it's common), be there as much as you can from a distance.

Reading this thread makes me appreciate my dad even more.

Let me say this though: For those who hate their father and have bitterness towards him, please learn from it and know how to be there for yourchildren. Let that inspire you to be the best dad you can be.

For those whose dad was there for them, learn from it and attempt to be a better father than he was. Strive to make sure your son thinks highly of you like youdo your dad.

One thing I can't tolerate is parents who don't realize the responsibility they have and the power they have. This coming from one of the luckychildren in this thread.

Originally Posted by besthandsInDM

Reading this thread makes me appreciate my dad even more.

Let me say this though: For those who hate their father and have bitterness towards him, please learn from it and know how to be there for your children. Let that inspire you to be the best dad you can be.

For those whose dad was there for them, learn from it and attempt to be a better father than he was. Strive to make sure your son thinks highly of you like you do your dad.

One thing I can't tolerate is parents who don't realize the responsibility they have and the power they have. This coming from one of the lucky children in this thread.
QFT
I can't say my dad was a bad father but like you said there is always room for improvement in the future.

Back
Top Bottom