How does everyone have strong opinions...

On things they know so little about? Take politics for example, people are raging over the debt debate and have no idea what it's even over. Most people don't understand the national budget, nor do they understand what a balanced budget means and why it is good/bad (it's really a bs political tool, look it up). They cry over money being spent on...healthcare for example, yet don't say *%+ about the trillions spent on defense. So my question, how can you allow yourself to argue about something you know nothing about, I don't argue about soccer because I don't know anything about it, don't argue about baseball, fencing, french foreign policy, British Parliament etc.because I don't know *%+ about any of it. Guess what I'm getting at is how do you look yourself in the mirror knowing that you don't know anything about something you are getting in an intense debate about, and knowing that you don't want to actually learn about it? 

I agree. Once you realize that's the type of person you're dealing with, you just move on. There is nothing you can say to them.

Eh, everytime i see a new thread nowadays on NT or hear people talking at school it all sounds the same to me.

People want their voice heard, but have nothing worth hearing.

people are crazy and talking heads for the most part.

Considering the fact that the debt ceiling has been raised every year since 1939, these fake republicans (tea party anarchist) are purpose trying to wreck the country just so that THEY can keep a job. How lame and weak.

Agree with what was mostly said already. It's very annoying. I'm all for stimulating conversations/debates, but when something goes beyond the point of my level of understanding I just try and open mind to learn so that next time I can have a basis for such a strong opinion.

There should be a test you have to pass before you can vote or speak on political or economic issues.

There are a lot of stupid people on here who think just cause they saw some youtube videos they know what they are talking about

Hmmm...13 posts and everyone is in a agreement. I doubt 13 out of 13 are actually not the kind of person OP is talking about. Who is lying?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom