How good are you at hoopin??? VOL.....MAD HANDLES

I've been playing european style basketball my whole life (movement without the ball, off ball screens, backdoor cuts, little to no ISO play) to moving to Toronto where ISO is the default...as a pass first PG, I find myself needing to adjust my game.

- I run off screens like Rip Hamilton/ Curry and can knock down those mid-ranges with ease (very limited three point range as we never counted them so I never took them).
- I am very comfortable in the paint and at 5'4" and drive like a young Tony Parker
- I am comfortable posting up mu man and If I do get double teamed, I always look for cutters
- I drive and kick out a lot since I draw in the defender often
- I do a lot of the dirty work with boxing out, getting offensive rebounds etc...

Now that I play ISO heavy ball, most of my strengths are ineffective...

- Running around the court is useless since the dude with the ball only looks to score
- Driving to the paint is not as effective as my teammates leave me on an island for me to cross my man up and drive only to expect other defenders to come in the way. This is a big adjustment as I don't drive in with the flow of the game, I am basically forcing the issue.
- When I get double teamed, there are no cutters

So my game is basically Curry (without the 3 point shot) meshed with Parker on a good day. But now I need to adjust my game to fit this iso heavy style of play.
So basically you trash now.

lol basically. It's an uphill battle from here on.

I play in the post, and I play like Tim Duncan.

They usually call me half Tim (5'3, 285lbs) or boulder steph, cause I have a mean stroke at the perimeeter.

played a little utah with the homies a few weeks ago.... havent really played ball in a couple years but i was suprisingly good for a dude that played like 4 times in 2 yrs... my mid range game according to that game is money... my 3's used to be money back in the day but isnt as automatic as back in the day... my dribble is still cool.. was never that great but i could bust a few moves , had to change my game from a slasher to a mid range gunner... my shot is lethal so when dudes close out fast i still got a decent first step to make a move past em.... 

I've been playing european style basketball my whole life (movement without the ball, off ball screens, backdoor cuts, little to no ISO play) to moving to Toronto where ISO is the default...as a pass first PG, I find myself needing to adjust my game.

- I run off screens like Rip Hamilton/ Curry and can knock down those mid-ranges with ease (very limited three point range as we never counted them so I never took them).
- I am very comfortable in the paint and at 5'4" and drive like a young Tony Parker
- I am comfortable posting up mu man and If I do get double teamed, I always look for cutters
- I do a lot of the dirty work with boxing out, getting offensive rebounds etc...

- Running around the court is useless since the dude with the ball only looks to score
- Driving to the paint is not as effective as my teammates leave me on an island for me to cross my man up and drive only to expect other defenders to come in the way. This is a big adjustment as I don't drive in with the flow of the game, I am basically forcing the issue.

So my game is basically Curry (without the 3 point shot) meshed with Parker on a good day. But now I need to adjust my game to fit this iso heavy style of play.

I was thinking the same. I am 5'4 133 lbs.

My guy said he cant play ISO and can't shoot 3s, is 5'4 133 lbs and plays post. Calls himself Curry without 3s combined with tony parker :rofl:

Aint no shame in comparing yourself to a non superstar lol. Thinking more like Eric Snow

No shots for my 1st post in here

Any hoopers out here in the bay?

Slowly Recovering from a groin injury

Last edited:
Depends on how many fine girls are around.
Im nice in general but i'll make sure your ankles rip out of the sides of your socks if the right females are around.

Started out as a post player with two moves and a counter move since I was fat and 6'0 at 15/16. Worked on my game as I got older and lost weight. Retaught myself how to shoot and dribble. Ended up becoming a midrange player and could get to my spots to shoot. I could never jump a lick but my release was quick and handle decent enough to get my shots off. I suck now but trying to start playing again.

my thing is if you havent got smarter the older you get like after 26 or 27 and you still dont know when to make the right pass, how to space the floor or your shot selection is silly. If you are 25+ and cats are screaming at you to look up or swing it. 

you are trash. of course im talking to my guys who still play consistently. 

i can honestly say im better at 31 then i was at 20...physically right now i would be no match for the younger me bc of the level i played at and the shape i was in. Mentally and just basketball wise tho, i would run circles around the younger me. 

Last edited:
my thing is if you havent got smarter the older you get like after 26 or 27 and you still dont know when to make the right pass, how to space the floor or your shot selection is silly. If you are 25+ and cats are screaming at you to look up or swing it. 

i can honestly say im better at 31 then i was at 20...physically right now i would be no match for the younger me bc of the level i played at and the shape i was in. Mentally and just basketball wise tho, i would run circles around the younger me. 

This. I play with high school/ college kids a lot and with no physical advantages, I'm still good.

I've got like 93 craftiness now

oh my vision or the next pass ahead is so real now. 

my 1, 2 pull up and sweep through pull up are automatic. 

the game is so much slower and easier. 

got a little confidence booster last week tho...i found myself in a cherry picking position and dude threw it and i 2 dribbles, off 2, with 2 hands and the need smacked the backboard. 

went home and made sweet sweaty love to my girl 

I was thinking the same. I am 5'4 133 lbs.

My guy said he cant play ISO and can't shoot 3s, is 5'4 133 lbs and plays post. Calls himself Curry without 3s combined with tony parker :rofl:

Aint no shame in comparing yourself to a non superstar lol. Thinking more like Eric Snow

Never said I can't play ISO, just never had to in 10 years almost. It's just an adjustment in the style of play. Only been here a month so I am not sweating it. but I've been compared to Tony all the time. Especially with me being comfortable in the paint and being faster than everybody out there and run a lot (typically 9 to 11 thousand steps in an hour and a half based off my tracker). Tony barely shot a 3 in his younger days...

Maybe I should have been more detailed about my strength here...NT ruthless...or maybe it's my mental game and thinking of those things as I play...maybe I am just putting myself down too much. I have lost a ton of confidence after the move and over think everything...I should just talk myself out of it and do my thing.

Also, have any of you guys played outside of North America? It's a different game, way more team oriented.

Last edited:

oh my vision or the next pass ahead is so real now. 

my 1, 2 pull up and sweep through pull up are automatic. 

the game is so much slower and easier. 

got a little confidence booster last week tho...i found myself in a cherry picking position and dude threw it and i 2 dribbles, off 2, with 2 hands and the need smacked the backboard. 

went home and made sweet sweaty love to my girl 

this was something that i was thinking about earlier this week. in terms of mentally, i'm way better now than before. no question about it. but in terms of raw talent and :wow: athleticism, my past me easily got me. BAD. these past two years, i have been constantly getting injured and/or hurt more often but even before then i wasn't able to play as much as i did when i was younger. i'm only in my mid 20's but being hurt and constantly out def affected my game big time. i wanna say its a toss up in this point but man sometimes i feel like my younger self would kick my *** if we played against each other lol

Last edited:
I peaked early and fell off quick. I was my best at like 21. I am 31 now and havent played in 4 to 5 yes where up to my late 20s I guarantee I never went 4 days without. Havent dunked in 5 yrs as well. I used to dunk on groups of people like even in 21. I know my rest of my game will come back after a few runs and certainly days in a row, its just the physical, the stamina, and athleticism that's gone. Even last time I played it was a lot of that the mind trying to tell tbe body to do something it thinks we can still can still do and the body not quite cooperating

I want to get back into shape and get back into it

Last edited:
lol...smh

Game was like Drexler.....now it's like Joe Johnson, on the second night of a back to back smh

Used to look to finish, now jogging it up looking for a streaker like a near retirement JKIDD smh

Last edited:
if there are more cats in the dmv we have a group that plays. we all dont always show up(i be sleep) but we all get up from time to time. let me know.

Back
Top Bottom