how is music leaked?

someone got a good explanation?

i know computers can be hacked but why can't they be stopped...this is probably a bad question but wutever lol

can't computers only be hacked if they are able to connect to the internet...
so why don't they make modern computers with all capabilities, but does not
have the option to connect to the internet so no hackers can have a gateway through?

someone got a good explanation?

i know computers can be hacked but why can't they be stopped...this is probably a bad question but wutever lol

can't computers only be hacked if they are able to connect to the internet...
so why don't they make modern computers with all capabilities, but does not
have the option to connect to the internet so no hackers can have a gateway through?

it depends on what u mean... songs are hacked from peoples emails... ur emails are always online whether ur comp is or not... as far as albums somebody post that like picture that explains it...

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

it depends on what u mean... songs are hacked from peoples emails... ur emails are always online whether ur comp is or not... as far as albums somebody post that like picture that explains it...

I would imagine that the leaking of single songs
probably happens most through the studio, label, and press
I'm sure there have been instances where someone might have been hacked
but I can't see that being so prevalent for just leaking music, but idk.

I would imagine that the leaking of single songs
probably happens most through the studio, label, and press
I'm sure there have been instances where someone might have been hacked
but I can't see that being so prevalent for just leaking music, but idk.

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81
this is crazy...no mention of hacking laptops tho
"Hacking" itself is a broad term.  Any unauthorized access of a computer is considered hacking.  Be it accessing it from 300 miles away or by messing with it while the artist goes out to take a piss. 

The type of hacking you are talking about is very rare when it comes to leaking music.  Hackers aren't gathering artist's IP addresses or whatever and stealing songs as they are completed. 

"At the Studio" pretty much explains loose track leakage

"Hacking" itself is a broad term.  Any unauthorized access of a computer is considered hacking.  Be it accessing it from 300 miles away or by messing with it while the artist goes out to take a piss. 

The type of hacking you are talking about is very rare when it comes to leaking music.  Hackers aren't gathering artist's IP addresses or whatever and stealing songs as they are completed. 

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

They typically hack e-mails. A lot of artists and producers have switched to Yahoo for song sending purposes because they say their servers are more secure than Google's.

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

They typically hack e-mails. A lot of artists and producers have switched to Yahoo for song sending purposes because they say their servers are more secure than Google's.

The crazy thing is, I feel like most of those ways are preventable if the labels REALLY didn't want them to leak.

Like Ye only allows a certain amount of people in the studio when he's recording and afterwards he'll bounce the music onto his HD and delete it off the computer, MPC etc.

Back
Top Bottom