How much did Kanye help adidas?

did u just link a press release as evidence to da contrary?
laugh.gif

long story short, Adidas gotta beat Under Armour to win 2nd place aka 1/7th of Nike's overall business.
yes i know but what you posted was irrelevant to the original topic...thought you would've been able to figure that out. 

Last edited:
what people dont realize is that is impact is primarily North America and Europe. Asia will forever be team Nike and Uncle Martian.

"Uncle Martian" kills me everytime :rofl: :rofl:

How has UA not shut that mess down yet?

Last edited:
Not gonna front but i think his line has "boost" the brand in general. I bought 2 pair of adidas this year (zx 700s and a pair of stan smiths) not because of kanye but probably subconsciously. Idk, didnt really think about it til i seen this thread.. hmm, things to think about

Last edited:
Kyrie's line has released better material than anything adidas has released in the past years. Yezzy's are overpriced and overhyped roshes.

Nike needs to sign Ben Simmons. Dude gonna be better than Lebron.

what people dont realize is that is impact is primarily North America and Europe. Asia will forever be team Nike and Uncle Martian.
asia loves everything though...especially kanye.

im not sure if your are srs or not.

and the one cat who made the ridiculous comment about kyries shoes then backdoored it with ben simmons is going to be better than lebron... slap yourself. 

Last edited:
As far as the general consumer goes, Nike is still king. Believe it or not, the dudes who only buy Jordans, Yeezys, etc. are the minority. As somebody who works in the retail side, large majority of customers go straight for the Free, Roshe, Pegasus, AF1, etc. before anything else, that includes adidas.

Adidas has completely reinvented themselves in the perception of the millenials and Kanye was a big part of that. NT would never admit that though because a lot of people on here are vehemently anti-Kanye to offset the blind slurpage of him. They find some sort of weird pride in being anti-trendy or not letting celebs influence what they do or wear at all.

However, they also came with new, innovative and good product. They couldn't just throw a pair of Kobe 2's on Kanye and expect him to rejuvenate the brand, they came with heat on their part.

It was a combo of good product, good marketing and Kanye increasing the visibility of that new Adidas. Even if you don't necessarily buy a a pair of sneakers because Kanye wore them, he is a factor in your purchase if you see Ultra Boosts on an IG page or post that wasn't posting the shoe or even covering Adidas period before Ye started ******* with them.

1000% preach.

Nike and JB haven't done anything but put out the same old tired retros. Adidas is actually moving the needle with their shoes.

the god single handedly made adidas hot again

everyone got on all stars stan smiths boosts nmds etc now

And tbh, I'm not even mad at it.

Adidas has come with some really good original silhouettes over the last year and a half

Nike been recycling **** from the 80's and 90's while increasing prices.

So if Kanye was the turning point for Adidas, I'm glad he got them rolling again. Him, and their running dept. are a big reason why adidas is crushing it right now.

Stan Smith's was always a classic.

Same with the Superstars.

But you're right. Kanye single-handedly put Adidas back when it comes to the streetwear market. I see more and more people weighing their options out now when it comes to purchasing either Adidas or Nike. 

Nike is still the king no matter what, but I think the 'COOL' factor of Adidas has definitely soared. 

Back
Top Bottom