How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

Paid a little over $38k for my wife's engagement ring.  One diamond (2.49 carats) in a platinum setting.  I don't go with all the other diamonds on an engagement ring.  Her wedding band (.33 carat diamonds all around it - I think it was 13 or 14 diamonds in total) was another $12k.

Kind of funny actually that the chick basically has an E Class Mercedes on her finger.  Insurance through Chubb.

Paid cash.  Was ridiculous when I went to the bank to take out the cash for her engagement ring.  They made me go into the safe to count the money.  Boom.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Paid a little over $38k for my wife's engagement ring - 2.49 carats.  Her wedding band (.33 carat diamonds all around it - I think it was 13 or 14 diamonds in total) was another $12k.

Kind of funny actually that the chick basically has an E Class Mercedes on her finger.  Insurance through Chubb.

Paid cash.  Was ridiculous when I webt to the bank to take out the cash for her engagement ring.  They made me go into the safe to count the money.  Boom.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Haven seen you around much but
eek.gif
HOVKid stays ballin'

10k Max..... i don't see the point of spending over 10k on a engagement ring unless you're rich. Theres just more things to take care of after the ring money wise.. wedding ceremony,, new house and etc.

I paid a little over 7k, 1.03 carat August Vintage cushion cut. The only preference she had was the cut, I went with her sister to pick out what I thought she would like and then took her with me later and find out that she picked out the exact ring I had already picked out for her. Could have went overboard, but I stuck within my budget and found something she is in love with without hurting me financially. She would have been happy with a Cracker Jack ring in all honesty. 

I am sorry I refuse to pay a large sum of money for an engagement ring when there is an opportunity to get a house. I don't care if I was a millionaire can't do it.

With that said I only paid about 4k for my wife's engagement ring, I aint allowing her to put us in debt over some rock
laugh.gif

2-2.5k. She has really tiny hands so a roc that size would look even bigger. #winning. She's the one though.

Dont go into debt to get an engagement ring and please dont buy it at some mall type chain as that is asking to get ripped off......

I traded in a few chains and other items at the place I do most of my business with towards my wifes ring plus alot of cash...... appraised value is 6 figures.....3.6ct solitaire center stone...

2.01 ct round solitaire, paid the price of a brand new car
laugh.gif

Paid off, worth every penny.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Paid a little over $38k for my wife's engagement ring.  One diamond (2.49 carats) in a platinum setting.  I don't go with all the other diamonds on an engagement ring.  Her wedding band (.33 carat diamonds all around it - I think it was 13 or 14 diamonds in total) was another $12k.

Paid cash.  Was ridiculous when I went to the bank to take out the cash for her engagement ring.  They made me go into the safe to count the money.  Boom.
humble brag
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by andycrazn

my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.

Good girl there man

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

10k at most yall wildn....
Pretty much.  Anything more than 10 (unless your money is long or youre trying to show off) is stupid.  Shoot even 10 is pushing it.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by andycrazn

my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.

Good girl there man

good girl indeed, and glad you made the right decision to wait to get you're situation right to get the ring you really wanted her to have.

as for me, i really don't see myself spending more than 5-6k for a engagement ring but who knows when the right one comes along i may change my mind. 

setting_template_main

Got the Mrs. a little something like this. Paid around 3k for both.

But really, just spend what you can afford and remember what's important. Try not to spend too much on the wedding, I mean that's just a big ol' party. You'll never get ANY of that back.

I got a buddy no lie is offering filet mignon or lobster plates at his reception. I mean I'm gonna EAT, but we wasn't ballin like THAT at our reception.

If she got dough and is paying for the whole wedding I'll put up more on the engagement ring. If she needs me to help with the wedding. then it's cheapo status.

Originally Posted by Heshua

Originally Posted by breezylocks

real life...

10k at most yall wildn....
Pretty much.  Anything more than 10 (unless your money is long or youre trying to show off) is stupid.  Shoot even 10 is pushing it.

Odds are when/if I got married it would be in 10 years so probably 10-20k

But really tho, I'd rather put that on a house downpayment rather than some ring

This would be for the brave but Its something I've considered but it might not be as practical in the actual execution:

IF your about to propose, give your girl some dinky ring and see what the reaction is like.

if she dont care then pull out the real thing and wife asap, but if she is disgusted or some materialistic stuff like that then you might want to reconsider...

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Odds are when/if I got married it would be in 10 years so probably 10-20k

But really tho, I'd rather put that on a house downpayment rather than some ring

This would be for the brave but Its something I've considered but it might not be as practical in the actual execution:

IF your about to propose, give your girl some dinky ring and see what the reaction is like.

if she dont care then pull out the real thing and wife asap, but if she is disgusted or some materialistic stuff like that then you might want to reconsider...
eyes.gif

i would hope by the time you get to a proposal you know the type of woman she is...

folks still playin games even up to the proposal
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom