How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

Originally Posted by memphissfinest

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Are you are getting credit for these or are y'all pulling Randy Moss "Straight Cash"... I don't want debt from a ring so I'm going cash.
I PAID CASH.

CREDIT ON ENGAGEMENT RINGS IS FOR DUMMIES. SALES GUY KEPT TRYING TO GET ME TO GET CREDIT SO I COULD SPEND MORE THAN MY $4500 LIMIT.
grin.gif

For sure that's what I did/doing. Straight cash homey! I'm looking at being about 5-6K in.

Originally Posted by jm2000

Originally Posted by andycrazn

my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.

Good girl there man
Something is not adding up here.  Not saying its not possible. For all I know, you can be a freshman college phenom tailback, and shes waiting on that draft day.  

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The fact she TOLD you how much you should spend...
30t6p3b.gif

Good luck w. that.
My thoughts exactly. The audacity!

Unrealistic women annoy the hell out me, giving us good ones a bad name smh
laugh.gif
A lot of the time the pricier rings are ugly as sin anyway. I've seen really nice ones for around NZ$6000.

And what's the guy getting out of it? I think I'll get my beau a nice watch or something; can't have him forking out a decent amount of money just for me to feel like I've been claimed. I'll give him all the time in the world
devil.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

The fact she TOLD you how much you should spend...
30t6p3b.gif

Good luck w. that.
My thoughts exactly. The audacity!

Unrealistic women annoy the hell out me, giving us good ones a bad name smh
laugh.gif
A lot of the time the pricier rings are ugly as sin anyway. I've seen really nice ones for around NZ$6000.

And what's the guy getting out of it? I think I'll get my beau a nice watch or something; can't have him forking out a decent amount of money just for me to feel like I've been claimed. I'll give him all the time in the world
devil.gif
embarassed.gif

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

DCAllAmerican wrote:
andycrazn wrote:
my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.
Keep believing that. Just about every female wants something they can be proud of when their friends/enemies (especially) look at her hand. I don't think there is a 0% care in her mind about the ring forreal. She might just be telling you that. Yea some females care more than others but remember what a ring is first and foremost. It is a visual display of "ownership." Yea it might be a symbol of love but that is the secondary purpose. So she does care what it looks like.

DC = Truth!

I've seen it first hand. The "He must really love you" comment is commonly repeated.

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

Odds are when/if I got married it would be in 10 years so probably 10-20k

But really tho, I'd rather put that on a house downpayment rather than some ring

This would be for the brave but Its something I've considered but it might not be as practical in the actual execution:

IF your about to propose, give your girl some dinky ring and see what the reaction is like.

if she dont care then pull out the real thing and wife asap, but if she is disgusted or some materialistic stuff like that then you might want to reconsider...
eyes.gif

i would hope by the time you get to a proposal you know the type of woman she is...

folks still playin games even up to the proposal
laugh.gif

sick.gif
Really though, famb? A test?

Might as well call up the homies and ask them to seduce your girl and see if she let's them smash.

If they don't smash, then wife her ASAP! If they do smash, then kindly reconsider!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

sick.gif
Really though, famb? A test?

please dont tell me this is catching on....i usually dont care at all what people post, who trolls or who tries to say DA every other word...but this joint here makes my eyes bleed

yuku has a ignore feature right? i dont think i ever used it but that famb yamb damb dude has to go
laugh.gif

So the woman gets a band, and the one with a big rock? And the man gets what?

i actually cared more and was more picky on my ring than she was...i mean we spoke about hers and i know her preferences in jewels but she had nothing to do with the process...i picked out what i thought she would like and she ended up loving it

heres what i ended up with...i wasnt feeling the plain band thing...saw a david yurman ring i liked alot but the price was laughable and it had no diamonds...they wanted car money to do it the way i wanted...bigL has something similar but bigger and ben has made some so i kinda blended the ideas i like together

etern.jpg

I think I spent around 8k for an E Asher cut that is just over 1 carat set in Platinum with eternity band.

Maybe another $2500-3K for her wedding band.

Buying a diamond was like buying a car. You don't know who to trust and someone is always going to say you over paid and they got a better deal.

HOVkid
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
What do you do, fam?

Also, my girl brought up the "three months' salary" thing and I kind of like the idea. You can definitely build that up in a separate account over a period of years, if you're planning it like that.

Sold my collection 2 years ago to pay for my wife's ring in cash. Round cut, 1.4 K center stone with .8 total Karats on the band.

Took me a year to research color, clarity and cut to find the right buy. Had it appraised and it's our most relished possession.

Getting back to collecting again. I miss my shoes.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Paid a little over $38k for my wife's engagement ring.  One diamond (2.49 carats) in a platinum setting.  I don't go with all the other diamonds on an engagement ring.  Her wedding band (.33 carat diamonds all around it - I think it was 13 or 14 diamonds in total) was another $12k.

Kind of funny actually that the chick basically has an E Class Mercedes on her finger.  Insurance through Chubb.

Paid cash.  Was ridiculous when I went to the bank to take out the cash for her engagement ring.  They made me go into the safe to count the money.  Boom.

Why not use a cashiers/certified check?

Originally Posted by CJDynasty

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Paid a little over $38k for my wife's engagement ring.  One diamond (2.49 carats) in a platinum setting.  I don't go with all the other diamonds on an engagement ring.  Her wedding band (.33 carat diamonds all around it - I think it was 13 or 14 diamonds in total) was another $12k.

Kind of funny actually that the chick basically has an E Class Mercedes on her finger.  Insurance through Chubb.

Paid cash.  Was ridiculous when I went to the bank to take out the cash for her engagement ring.  They made me go into the safe to count the money.  Boom.
Why not use a cashiers/certified check?
Some jewelers only take cash.

I like that ring you wound up with Tre, I remember when you were tryin to figure out what to get, looks real dope with the yellow gold....

Originally Posted by Josednk1068

Kingtre no disrespect but that ring of yours looks like its actually for the wifey ...
laugh.gif
yea she has a similar band but obv not as big and with no border...all good...everybody has preferences....i didnt want a solid band or even the joints with the engraved designs on them...people like what they like...on the car forums i'm on dudes go crazy for carbon fiber wedding bands
laugh.gif
like i said to each his own

I like that ring you wound up with Tre, I remember when you were tryin to figure out what to get, looks real dope with the yellow gold....

pimp.gif
thank u sir...has some influences from yours but i loved the border and the way the DY was "set back" so i wanted to incorporate that too...going on 2 years and its held up good...no stones fell out or anything which i was anticipating due to reg wear and tear

- tre I feel you man, no shots were intended I am glad you like it and most importantly sounds like you have a happy/healthy marriage

- cole world thanks for your input you really helped us all out ...

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Go ahead and let them @%$%%+ say they want a $40k engagement ring. Once she gets it and ya'll eating Ramen noodles for the next 7 years she better not say a word and you can just tell her that her filet minon is on her finger

laugh.gif
To hell with that, she got a whole Kobe cow on her finger
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom