How much you dropping for that engagement ring?

Kinda depends on your situation. I wouldn't spend more than you can afford...

Or really, what I'd do if I had the guts, go buy a Tiffany box on eBay or something, and then go get a ring from a pawnshop or something. No way she can tell until she goes to get it cleaned (and hopefully that's not for a while, so you can break her the bad news after you've been married).

If I had the money I'd rather spend the money on a trip to Europe or someplace romantic and give her a cheaper ring over there.

ins though so what do I know.

That three month rule was a scam made by Jewelers. But honestly what the point of spending the equivalent of a House Down payment on a ring. With that being said I would want the best for my girl if she was the one and spend accordingly. I would probably want a GIA certified stone and those don't come cheap when you talking about VVS Clarity and colors F or E.

Just get educated about diamonds and spend on a quality ring for your money and don't get ripped off, and don't buy into the hype of having a diamond, unless of course your girl wants a diamond or you would like your girl to have one.  

Originally Posted by andycrazn

my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.
Keep believing that. Just about every female wants something they can be proud of when their friends/enemies (especially) look at her hand. I don't think there is a 0% care in her mind about the ring forreal. She might just be telling you that. Yea some females care more than others but remember what a ring is first and foremost. It is a visual display of "ownership." Yea it might be a symbol of love but that is the secondary purpose. So she does care what it looks like.

$0.00
pimp.gif

Spoiler [+]
#foreveralone?
frown.gif

It shouldn't matter how much the ring cost. Better things to spend money on that a ring IMO.
Should use the money to go traveling. With 15k you can travel a lot.
That being said 3k tops.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I had a girl once tell me three months salary. No less. 
Ended it the next week. 

Smart move my man.
If you're getting married to a woman and starting out your lives together, it's assumed your going to be sharing assets to grow your future together, for a woman to expect 3 months salary off the bat is extremely selfish

Plus that 3 months myth has to be one of the greatest scams ever, can't believe people even consider rocks over 5k
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Lebronics

This chick i'm talking to said 40k
sick.gif
. I was thinking something like 10k.

With that kind of attitude it's time to drop her now champ and keep it moving. 

I spent 2k. It was the ring she picked. I see no need to spend 10k plus unless you are making 6 figures or close to it. 

Chick I'm with now says the ring can be fake as long as we really get married. She says its the thought that counts lol

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by andycrazn

my girl said it doesnt matter how much it costs, its the symbol of the ring that matters. i copped her the ring and im hella embarrassed by how much i paid for it but shes really happy and when i get my things together il get her a better ring.
Keep believing that. Just about every female wants something they can be proud of when their friends/enemies (especially) look at her hand. I don't think there is a 0% care in her mind about the ring forreal. She might just be telling you that. Yea some females care more than others but remember what a ring is first and foremost. It is a visual display of "ownership." Yea it might be a symbol of love but that is the secondary purpose. So she does care what it looks like.
i understand where shes coming from. she rather have a house over a ring and a costly ceremony. i thought it was a test too man but then i realized that its not. shes 10 years older than me and understands my situation so i guess thats why i get a pass?

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

Originally Posted by JayHood23

Go ahead and let them @%$%%+ say they want a $40k engagement ring. Once she gets it and ya'll eating Ramen noodles for the next 7 years she better not say a word and you can just tell her that her filet minon is on her finger

laugh.gif
I literally choked on my food 
roll.gif

I recently got proposed to my fiance. I looked at all the well known places. I started to look at local jewlers and noticed the prices were better. Diamond is a diamond. I wanted to get her a classic looking, simple, solitary diamond ring. Found a flawless VVS for a very good deal. The key is to find the diamond and then pick your setting out

Originally Posted by gil23

Bluenile.com, do some research fams..
This.

I did research on engagement rings on this website and it's taught me a helluva lot.

I think i got a damn good engagement ring for my 8K. along with matching wedding band.

but on the real- get what you can afford and don't get caught up trying to bling it out.

Are you are getting credit for these or are y'all pulling Randy Moss "Straight Cash"... I don't want debt from a ring so I'm going cash.

I have a personal limit of 5k.
No matter how much i make my limit is 5k.  And i better be getting an engagement gift from her of equal value.  If she wants a 40k ring....i want a bmw

Originally Posted by Lebronics

This chick i'm talking to said 40k
sick.gif
. I was thinking something like 10k.

So you make $160K annually?  You should spend at least 3x your monthly salary that is if you can afford it! 

I put a .8 Karat really nice rock in a Martin Flyer setting on my girls finger for $5500.

Wedding is in 2 months... My wedding ring gonna be cheap as hell though.
laugh.gif
Probably have to spend another G to match the platinum on hers though smh.

Man engagement sound funny to meGettin bling that could prob fund a degree Spend 1/4 of salary? Sound hungry to meRather stunt than save? Sound dummy to me-Monstar feat chief keef - What I don't like remix

it's all relative...if you work at footaction and she works at auntie annes then you prob shouldn't be spending no 10k on a ring...on the other hand if you both are in the 100k range and both have other jewels/watches etc of value then 10k might seem low...at the end of the day the ring should be in line with your tastes and what you can afford

that rule of thumb nonsense is all marketing ...buy what you like and can afford....if she wants something for 40k and your holding $500 then its prob best to wait and save while u make sure yall are compatible....

Back
Top Bottom