How old were you when you moved out of your parents house?

Sorry for the long post. Wrote all of that for cats that just haven't found they're way. As long as your heart is good, and your head is in the right place your time will come. And if someone judge you because of where you live or where you don't live, the hell with them. Do you for you, and your time will come.

30. Never wanted to rent. Bought my place 3yrs ago. My family is awesome. Love them to death.

22. Knocked my lady up and split before telling mom and pop. Waited 4 months and surprised them on thanksgiving. That went well. :lol:

Moved out @ 22.
I do indeed get bored sometimes but I got a pass to my local rec to hoop occasionally. Picked up soccer as well which was the best decision. Thinking about getting a side job just cause I got way too much time on hands at times :lol:

Technically moved out at 17 when I went away to college. I would come home on breaks

I really moved out last year at the age of 24 cuz my pops was always finding dumb **** to complain about. This May will be one year since I moved out. Wouldn't change a damn thing. Having the peace of mind and freedom to do as you please is priceless
smokin.gif
Were you paying for your college and place of residence while at college? If your folks was paying, you was still living at home bruh

Props for moving out to sf with only a temp job :lol: what do you do?

I majored in graphic design but I do insurance now. Haha. Definitely not the plan I had but it pays the bills. The key thing is I moved to SF at a better time. I have a decent paying job but if I was to rent with what is in the market now, I'd be almost breaking even and living paycheck to paycheck. I have a crap hole place now but I am able to put money in the bank since I have rent control.

In this economy moving out right after high school is just simply not practical, and if you went off to college but your folks are paying for it then you didn't move out of **** either.

Skimmed the thread pretty quick..
No one else was out at 18?
I was out before I graduated because moms was too hostile.

Last edited:
Skimmed the thread pretty quick..
No one else was out at 18?
I was out before I graduated because moms was too hostile.
Did you go to college? Not sure how I would've survived at 18. Grown *** people these days cant even afford their rent. The hell kind of job was I gonna get at 18 to pay rent?

Did you go to college? Not sure how I would've survived at 18. Grown *** people these days cant even afford their rent. The hell kind of job was I gonna get at 18 to pay rent?

Yeah I had a plane ticket to orientation at UNLV and I took all my stuff with me and never went back. Took my finals and graduated at my old high school since they knew me. Lived off 10-15k worth of student loans for 2 years before I got a job.. Then I got another job. Still working both. The the payoff is close though. Once I can finish these last 8 classes.

I plan to move by June/July . I'm 22. 23 in October...Just got a new job in the DFW area and WAS planning on moving to Dallas or a mid city..
Until I got the idea of saving up about 6 grand and heading out Austin. I figured if I can only afford sub-par apartments (because I'll be saving up and getting back in school) I might as well live sub-par apartments in a city I really like (Austin).

Just got to find a job in Austin. My company has a position available out there but I'm thinking about starting elsewhere.
I have experience now..but Austin seems very competitive.

moved out at 17 once i went to college. had a pt job and school loans that helped out.
but i moved back in at 25 briefly when i was unemployed,

Last edited:
In this economy moving out right after high school is just simply not practical, and if you went off to college but your folks are paying for it then you didn't move out of **** either.

Well in theory this is how it is supposed to work. You go off to college, live on your own but of course get financial support from your family, graduate, get a job right after and move out. I know some families help with the loans and move back home to pay it off but some just move out with their new job and just start that adult life. What sucks now in some cities like the Bay Area is cost of living is too high and jobs are scarce or not paying enough to live on your own. And even if you went out and lived on your own, you'd be living paycheck to paycheck where all you would do is work and go home and sleep. When I lived at home, I had a job and just blew money on shoes, clothing, and my crap car. When it came time to move, I had no saving or anything so it was tough. If you at least live at home, save some money or use it for traveling. Possessions all sort of lose value after you are older. I have shoes but in my adult life, I hardly even wear them.

25 in a week and half.. still at the Parents house, but they're cool as hell, so I ain't mad

I moved out @ 22 when I got married. Now I'm back @ 34 after a recent split. Only sticking around to save $ to get my own spot and I pay rent as well there. Can't live anywhere for free is a life lesson. Funny thing is that I'm rarely at the house though.

Back
Top Bottom