How was the early 2000s?

laugh.gif
ironically first year I got a black girl

edit it was actually 2003 but still
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Damn, makes me feel old as hell...

Class of 2000 :wow:

Kind of the time before technology boomed and took over our lives.

Parties were wild, and it was all word of mouth. Talking to girls was actually talking to girls, communication was done via land line. Going on the internet was done via land line :smile:lol). Gas was cheaper.

Just different, we have more information now than we know what to do with.

Bruh that dial up sound....that's some vintage **** right now....

Class of 2000 myself, "Wild out"
And "Whoa" were in full effect that year..

Damn, makes me feel old as hell...

Class of 2000 :wow:

Kind of the time before technology boomed and took over our lives.

Parties were wild, and it was all word of mouth. Talking to girls was actually talking to girls, communication was done via land line. Going on the internet was done via land line :smile:lol). Gas was cheaper.

Just different, we have more information now than we know what to do with.

Bruh that dial up sound....that's some vintage **** right now....

Class of 2000 myself, "Wild out"
And "Whoa" were in full effect that year..

I'm class of 99 and i remember telling the class of 2000 that there was no need to graduate cause y2k was going to take us all out.

All the women from back then sure do know how to cheat...so called wives now...
grin.gif

I don't mean all as in all for real either so chill. 

Last edited:
Just the women from back then don't value the institution of marriage as a whole like the women who raised us. 

it wasn't that good in my eyes. I guess the main reason was because I compare it to the mid-late 90s.

the greatest hockey player and the greatest basketball player both left the game in the late 90s. that Michael Jordan that came back with Washington was just a shadow of the Chicago one.

Seinfeld ended.

I was finishing off high school at the early 2000s, and noticed that a lot of kids tried really hard to fit into the gangsta rap crowd, the kids from the suburbs tried harder than the ones from the poorer areas.

As for the internet, cable/dsl modems were being introduced. This sucked because the internet was a novelty in the 90s and people didn't mind dialing up and then being connected to the internet, along with the disconnections; however in the early 2000s, if you didn't have high speed, you get impatient with using your slow phone line.

Napster died.

all the reality shows starting popping up after survivor in this period.

I think the present is better than the early 2000s. Maybe because I'm old and learned to appreciate life.

Graduated high school in 2006.

-Regions had their own distinct style and culture. You could tell where someone was from based on how they dressed and the slang they used. No longer the case because of how prevalent and widespread the Internet is.

-Social media hadn't blown up yet. You had a number of platforms ranging from MySpace to Sconex. Being in someone's Top 8 on MySpace was serious business for a lot of people.

-People still talked on the phone because cell phones weren't as advanced as they are now. Texting in lieu of conversation was unheard of in my circle. Anything that required more than one text, you called them.

-Sneaker culture was nowhere near as big as it is now. Collecting sneakers and having a ton of pairs was seen as an odd hobby and weird by a lot of people when you tried to explain what it was. Nice Kicks used to sell fakes during this period. There were no sneaker blogs. You had to go to NT for anything sneaker related. It started to become what it is now during the Pigeon SB release.

Last edited:
There weren't as many sweet black dudes back then either, I mean it may have been one or two, but now it's a ton of em...:smh:

They probably just felt more compelled to keep it in the closet since __'s weren't playing that **** during the gangsta rap era :lol:

Crazy thing is, I'm 19 and I remember at least 70% of what's being posted in this thread for some reason. Maybe my upbringing was just different from OP.

I remember being at my high school girlfriend's house when midnight hit to turn 1999 into 2000 and I thought the world was about go explode

Y2K :smh:

I'm 20 now, I remember literally everything in this thread, it's all accurate. The only thing better now is the fashion IMO...
Music and entertainment wise? HELL Nah. Movies, music, and video games were all better in that era.
I do agree there's too much technology now, but I can't imagine living without it now that it's here.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm lemme think.........

had cell phones with no color.

nokia flip phones were poppin 

jerseys were flooded

fitted caps were becoming popular

more gang activity in the streets

harlem shaking (real one)

Diplomatic Immunity 

Rocafella "Its Da Roc" (((<>)))

State Property

madden was the best video game along with gta iii

9/11

baseball was a fun sport to watch... the steroid era..

wwf

headbands

white tees and black tees with all black or all white forces were very common with jean shorts

lil romeo and bow wow little kids who sold records.

big tymers still fly 

timbaland, missy RIP Aaliyah

jay z vs. nas

ask a girl what her aim is was another way of getting her number... holla at her through aim. :pimp:

DC Sniper

Lakers and Kings

1/2 the hood had braids 

du rags under fitteds or under a headband..

everyone who played ball thought they were a and1 player... 

Last edited:
early 2000's = NT was just a bunch of interesting cats meeting up in real life pretty often.

really to me (class of '05) the early 2000's were like just preperation for nowadays. We had Black Planet and Migente and Xanga and people were hooking up off the internet and smashing left and right.

burning CD's and selling bootlegs at school was a very lucrative business back then.

everything was kinda the same as nowadays but just way more original and with way less technology to do the same things.

I'll tell you one thing, though, none of this Illuminati stuff, or the country's financial situation, or anything beyond what your community and celebrities were up to was a topic of conversation or concern.

Last edited:
Usher 8701 :pimp:

I remember paying a music industry dude I knew through friends like $45 to get it two months early :lol:

Late 90's , early 2000 was the best time ever for everybody. Clintion was in office, everybody was VERY happy eating good, had money and good jobs. Employers didnt do background checks. I couyld quit and job and have 3 job offers the next day while still in my boxers laying in my bed .

Nobody was doing this crazy stuff people are doing now, racisim at it lowest because everybody had good jobs and money, nobody didnt have time to worry about that

Everybody had good cars and homes.. Lots of beer flowing

THEN BUSH TOOK OFFICE AND WELP YOU KNOW THE REST!

Back
Top Bottom