How was the early 2000s?

Man I miss the early/mid 2000s. That was around the time when the durty south was the place to be.

I'm 26 now so during that time I was in middle/high school.

I remember everybody rocking braids because of Iverson. Dudes, like me, would get laughed at because we didn't have any hangtime.

I remember having social accounts like Myspace, Yahoo Messenger, Bebo, Tagged (Tagged had them freaks forreal) & Crushspot.

You could get a high school/college chick by playing some B2K or Pretty Ricky.

You could be considered clean/fresh by throwing on a white tee and all white forces with no named pants and a fitted cap.

Don't know about other regions, but in the south, Stop/No Snitching shirts were very popular amongst people that lived in the ghetto.

Broke ninjas like me couldn't afford name brand clothes so I was forced to rock South Pole gear. 

Women actually danced on guys at parties instead of posting vids on Myspace like these chicks do now with Snapchat/IG.

Women back then went crazy for dudes that either had braids or deep waves.

Back then every area had it's own style. Nobody really tried to copy the other.

College Hill was that show. 

I was the only dudes in the hood and in school with a real throwback. Granny copped me the bill Russell man off nba.com and u Couldn't tell me ****. They used to call me Fabolous in middle school Cuz i had so many nike swingman/rewind jerseys. All I wore, girbauds, Jersey, tall tee under, pin wheel, js. Good times.

Fubu was only hot here for like 1 summer in like 96 or 97. After that you got clowned hard for rocking it. I remember my homie moved up here from South Carolina and used to get cracked on heavy for his Platinum Fubu stuff.

Man I remember going to Metro or the flea market and getting my Nextel loaded with ringtones like every weekend. I had the i736 Nascar joint cuz it was blue. I always thought the hardest one was N.O.R.E. "Full Mode".

Last edited:
Man i used to love them hood rat girls wit the name belt buckles.

Meetin up wit chicks at the roller ring.

The fugazi diamond watches.

Gettin to school over an hour early to play football....wit a plastic bag covering your kicks.
Man this. Them ghetto girls with braids that went down to their booty. I use to love them hot cheeto, koolaid pickle eating chicks. 

Can't believe I forgot abotu those name belt buckles. 

I wanted to bag all 3 of these chicks.

I miss jersey dresses lmao.

Fubu was only hot here for like 1 summer in like 96 or 97. After that you got clowned hard for rocking it. I remember my homie moved up here from South Carolina and used to get cracked on heavy for his Platinum Fubu stuff.
Do you remember the store DEMO in Columbia Mall that used to sell all streetwear? Vividly remember all the Fat Albert stuff there :lol:

Dreamcast was the goods before PS2 came out man. NBA/NFL 2k, SHENMUE, Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi...

Dreamcast was the best xmas present I've ever gotten.

Soul calibur
Power Stone
JSR
Resident Evil Code Veronica
Virtual Tennis
NBA and NFL 2K

First system I ever played online, I was baffled when the system went under.  It's in my top 3 systems ever next to SNES and N64

Dreamcast is my all time favorite gaming system.  It was so ridiculously ahead of its time.  Playing online almost a decade before any other system.  Being able to call your football plays on the screen on the controller.  Interactive gaming.

Dreamcast was the goods.  Just too bad that people didnt think it was "the cool system."  

It wasn't that people didn't feel it was "cool", it was Sony's all out marketing assault that immediately cut them off, along with the massive gaming library PS2 quickly built. I tried to stretch my Dreamcast fandom as much as I could, since I was getting a lot of free games. Then my VMUs died and that was the end of that :lol: I didn't get a PS2 til 2002, the year after Dreamcast officially went under. Wish I still had Dreamcast today. Soul Calibur, Power Stone 1 & 2, NFL2K w/ Moss on the cover, Shenmue, MDK, GTA2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 were my go-to games.

Jersey dresses :lol: :pimp: Mya in that North Carolina one >>>>>>. I think Maxi/sun dresses have pretty much replaced those

Last edited:
Shenmue is legit one of my top 5 favorite non-sports games. Game was :smokin

Do you remember the store DEMO in Columbia Mall that used to sell all streetwear? Vividly remember all the Fat Albert stuff there :lol:

LOL. Yup. They had one in Owings Mills mall too. They hat a lot of Ecko in there too.

Nelly, iverson, the dopest cell phones were the small flip phones. The razr phone was lit. 

Jerseys

Shenmue is legit one of my top 5 favorite non-sports games. Game was :smokin

Bruh, so swole I never got to play Shenmue 2 cause I didn't have an Xbox and my Dreamcast died after like a year or so and moms didn't get it replaced, can't wait for Shenmue 3 next year

Last edited:
Somebody already mentioned bandanas. We used to rock either a white bandana rolled up around are heads or a terry cloth Nike head band. I remember going to sneaker stores and then charging $20 for a headband. Was ridiculous

Also I remember being younger so I never got the chance to wear a velour sweatsuit like I'd see everybody else wearing. One kid that went to the high school next to my school would wear a different sweatsuit everyday. I was always amazed by that

Last edited:
Ok, now this thread is moving in the right direction. Basketball talk.

Streetball: The Show. ESPN following around the AND1 Team city to city. : And1 Espn Streetball Week6 :

The whole AND1 basketball craze is something this current generation will never understand. They mainstreamed crazy ballhandling and hipped many places that had no clue this sub-genre existed.

Before 1999, if an NBA game wasn't in
CHI
NY
DC
LA
DET

If somebody got crossed, the crowd wouldn't make a PEEP. Now, everyone is hip. The popularization of the RUCKER and Streetball (AND1), helped make this possible. Again, great times to be a basketball fan in America.

OH BABY OH BABY

Alot of fake futuristic ****...shiny denim, platinum, silver lipstick, blue man group...da worst of Puff daddy :lol: :smh:

Da retro era we're in now was ushered on shortly after :pimp:

AND ONE mixtapes
Headbands
Pinwheel new era fitteds with the stickers still on them
super baggy everything
almost the tall tee era
Rap City the basement
Dipset in their prime
DMX in his prime
Nelly and st lunatics in their prime
Kazzaa and limewire pron that took 2 days to download a 5min clip
Allen Iverson in his prime
Jagged Edge
Jermain Dupri everywhere
Ashanti Everywhere
Ja Rule in his prime
Ecko street wear at its pinnacle
Spongebob squarepants blew up
20 inch rims were getting popular followed by a brief "spinnerz" period
Ludaris in his prime
Awful cars
Ugly womenz
Abercrombie was still poppin
jordan arm bands
cornrows and baggy throwback nba jerseys
early 200's was the last time i remember people spending money on loud bumping car stereo systems

internet wasn't really poppin yet, no facebook instagram etc. couldnt even access internet on your phone
razr phones were hot like 05-06, same with ringtones
you still memorized everyones phone number
couldn't look anything up. had to print off directions to places before you left the house

class of 04' :pimp:

I think about the 2000's all the time...
Every memory has an orange tinge to it for some reason lol... damn
the 2000's WERE MY 90'S

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom