How was the early 2000s?

:lol:... Yeah, that ending was classic. I was in south sac the next game as well. Sporting a lakers shirt on some troll ****. Cousins was heated talking bout I can't watch the game in their garage :lol:
Remember this as well.. trolling was an art back then before soc media blew up.

My hs years 2000-2004. That 99-Y2K conversion had everyone worried...anyone remember thay?? I don't even remember what the issue was.

My hs years 2000-2004. That 99-Y2K conversion had everyone worried...anyone remember thay?? I don't even remember what the issue was.

Yea, it was mainly Sept. 9, 1999 because the computers had a code 9999 that was used for something and people were nervous that when that date came about, the systems might crash. Built all that hype and the day came, hoping I had off school and nothing :lol:

I miss when people would hear word of mouth about certain things.

Like car shows.

Actually talkin to girls, gettin the number is now gettin a follow and 3 likes.

Car meetups.

Where the party at.

Whos momma can make sure you drink a palo azul to pass your juvenile piss test.

Good music.

Last edited:

Same here. Freshman in 2000 and senior in 2004. The Y2k scare was funny. I grew up in the country and all the rednecks were praying this would happen. Couldn't wait to ride their cows from house to house and save the lives of all the technology dependent people :lol:

This album STILL ******* on MOST everything that is out right now.
His subject matter is gangsta **** but his lyrical content and wordplay on this album was masterful.
The definition of a classic album from Dear America to Commission.
He had impressive lines in almost every single song.

Last edited:
da birth of Reggaeton :pimp:

This plus dancehalls overall resurgence. 2003 I would say was golden year for dancehall charting. TOK, Sean Paul, Buju, Elephant Man, Kevin Little Wayne wonder, Beenie all making hits

Throw in Tego, Don Omar, Daddy Yankee in 04, then also the debut of girl from Barbados :nerd:

The Caribbean was active

Mayor Que Yo :smh:
Gasolina was the spanish national anthem and even made it to #1 on 106 & Park I think
Barrio Fino
Mas Flow

AJ/Free 106 & Park era :smokin

Last edited by a moderator:
I miss when people would hear word of mouth about certain things.

Like car shows.

Actually talkin to girls, gettin the number is now gettin a follow and 3 likes.

Car meetups.

Where the party at.

Whos momma can make sure you drink a palo azul to pass your juvenile piss test.

Good music.
So true. Got me feeling sentimental like Brooks in Shawshank. World is going too fast for people now.

Don Chezina Gawd is more 90's....so yeah reggaetton scene from da 90's >> da trash dat was Big Mato Gem Estrella and NORE....

Any party you put the following albums : Any The Noise , Any Playero was the clear definition of being LIT

This album STILL ******* on MOST everything that is out right now.
His subject matter is gangsta **** but his lyrical content and wordplay on this album was masterful.
The definition of a classic album from Dear America to Commission.
He had impressive lines in almost every single song.
was bumping this the other week ....shyne makes 21 savage and all these fake gangster rappers look like child's play

his second album is slept on too

was 13 in 2000 man I wish everything would be simple again...

Don Chezina Gawd is more 90's....so yeah reggaetton scene from da 90's >> da trash dat was Big Mato Gem Estrella and NORE....

it wasn't really Reggaeton in da 90's..its was called "underground" had more reggae influence, and wasn't polished...raw though

them playero tapes ill and to be honest, i didn't appreciate till years later, because they were soooo different from where my golden era hiphop taste was...at da time if it wasn't WU, Mobb Deep, Jay-Z, Nas, etc i wasn't giving it nearly da amount of love.

i still did da bachata, merengue, salsa though... spanish rap was doo doo to me so initially da older underground rubbed me da wrong way.

2001 till now contemporary Reggaeton is awesome..im glad i followed da genre from da beginning.

Life was great until 9/11. 9/11 really transformed this country.

From my prospective, this is how I would summarize the early 2000's:

1/1/2000 - 9/10/2001 - The last of the "great era", very reminiscent of the (late) 90's. Napster/ Morpheus start the whole file sharing craze.

9/11/2001 - 12/31/2003 - Country changes completely. A time of fear. Muslim-phobia begins around this time. Dipset, G-unit, & the south are big on the hip hop scene. Style of Clothing is still pretty reminiscent of the late 90's.

1/1/2004 - 12/31/2006 - Birth of Social media (relative to social media today). Emo/ punk rock re-amerges as a major genre of music. Dipset, G-unit, & the south retain their influence on the hip hop scene. Skating, dunks, and the whole hype beast thing starts around the later part of this era.

1/1/2007 - 1/1/2010 - Country goes into a massive economic strain. Hipsters begin to emerge.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom