How was the early 2000s?

Maldy (Plan B) Ft. Speedy - ''Gritaras'' produced by DJ Blass (2002)

Zion & Lennox - ''No Lo Pienses Mas'' produced by DJ Blass (2003) this song came out on Maicol & Manuel Jake Mate album

Last edited:
DJ Blass killed this Reggaeton beat with those Arab influences.

Polaco ft Speedy - Esta Noche Quiero Darte prod. by DJ Blass (2002)

yo for da life of me i never dug Lito y polanco [emoji]128553[/emoji] :lol:

these dudes should've had a longer run.

Hector needs to dragged out da church and make a comeback, he'd KILL wit da new generation.

Last edited:
Rumors are Lito & Polaco are coming out with Mundo Frio 2... Mundo Frio 1 was a f'ing CLASSIC! Magnate & Valentino Rompiendo El Hielo another Classic Reggaeton album DJ Blass also produced some songs on that album, Luny Tunes & Noriega, Eliel also produced some beats on that album. Yeah, Hector El Bambino/El Father was a lyrical & flow monster.

Hector - Aun Estoy Vivo prod. by DJ Blass (2002)

I went nuts when I first heard this song back in 2002! Hector was spittin some real RAW street ish!

In the year 2000 Tito & Hector came out with an album called ''Nuevo Milenio'' English Translation: ''New Millennium'' You could say that album was overlooked, but I remember I bought it and I digged it alot. On the ''Nuevo Milenio'' album they touched on a whole lot of different topics. Here goes two Awesome songs from that album ''Desvivo'' & ''Señor Redentor'' ft. Jose Feliciciano both songs prod. by Dj Goldy...

Mass flow 1 was template to what Reggaeton suppose to sounds like, its literally da blueprint to bario fino.

DJ Blass evolved the sound of Reggaeton, but I also give props to the other Reggaeton producers/dj's before Blass. Playero, Dj Eric, Negro, Dj Dicky, Dj Adam, Dj Joe, Dj Goldy, Dj Stefano and the list goes on... They all Contributed. I respect them all cause they are the pioneers. After DJ Blass came Luny Tunes, Noriega, Eliel etc.

The song of Don Omar that came out on the Grayskull 2 album. That joint went hard and Eliel made that beat. Right here's that song of Don Omar that I'm talking about!

Last edited:
The song of Don Omar that came out on the Grayskull 2 album. That joint went hard and Eliel made that beat. Right here's that song of Don Omar that I'm talking about!

this doesn't even feel old cuz it still gets moderate play to this day on da radio (la mega 97.9 is one of da most prolific Spanish radio stations in America)

this doesn't even feel old cuz it still gets moderate play to this day on da radio (la mega 97.9 is one of da most prolific Spanish radio stations in America)
Yeah it was ahead of its time and yeah I know that radio station cause I'm also from the tri-state area NJ to be exact.

u know whats da only thing thats frustrating about Reggaeton? damn near all da older releases were glorified compilations so if you're looking for particular tracks, u gotta DIG.

luckily Reggaetononline.com categorized mostly all da releases since da inception of Reggaeton...

u know whats da only thing thats frustrating about Reggaeton? damn near all da older releases were glorified compilations so if you're looking for particular tracks, u gotta DIG.

luckily Reggaetononline.com categorized mostly all da releases since da inception of Reggaeton...
Yeah they were a lot those type of albums. But I do have a lot of them in my collection cause I bought them when they first came out. I'm only missing a few. You could find some old stuff sometimes on some the spots you would never would think to have some Reggaeton. I got lucky one time in Jersey City at a Dollar Store they had Reggaeton Albums for $1.

Last edited:
u would be doing a great service to upload em online...

alot of those early obscure releases have long gone out of print.

one of these days i gotta digitize my 2000's mixtape collection, alot of those kay-slay DJ clue, DJ envy, P-cutta street wars interlude, skits, or exclusive freestyles will be lost to history.

This song right here is from Yaviah and this is actually the first time he did a Reggaeton song cause before he was rappin over some Hip Hop beats and he did a real good job, for being his 1st time on a Reggaeton beat and DJ Blass produced it. This song is from 2001.

Thread had so much potential too...

da 2000's if u wanna be honest were just a watered down 90's.

da only thing it had was da burgeoning presence of socia media, which arguably started with AIM in da 90's. (your SN had a homepage with a photo uploader)

fashion wise its not even a discussion that it was just 90's outgrowth.

Reggaeton was da few innovative things that spawned during da 2000's that wasn't completely 90's derived.

Last edited:
This song right here is from Yaviah and this is actually the first time he did a Reggaeton song cause before he was rappin over some Hip Hop beats and he did a real good job, for being his 1st time on a Reggaeton beat and DJ Blass produced it. This song is from 2001.

had it not been for DJ blass, underground playero artists wouldve died off. my hick friend told me Daddy Yankee was on hiatus for years between his fledging Spanish reggae/hiphop origins to da contemporary reggaeton format...

DJ blass provided a bridge for those older Spanish reggae/underground artists to splurge.

Just to make things clear of that one time I got lucky with those Reggaeton albums selling for $1. I just got two. My collection consists of Reggaeton Albums that I bought for $15.00. For me when I do find an old school Reggaeton album that I don't have, to me is priceless cause it's rare and because I love Reggaeton. I wish I could find the Buddhas Family Album the 1st one that dropped in 2001 and La Conspiracion Album that also dropped in 2001. I want them brand new with the plastic.

had it not been for DJ blass, underground playero artists wouldve died off. my hick friend told me Daddy Yankee was on hiatus for years between his fledging Spanish reggae/hiphop origins to da contemporary reggaeton format...

DJ blass provided a bridge for those older Spanish reggae/underground artists to splurge.
If you hear Wisin & Yandel's De Otra Manera album DJ Blass also blessed that album with some beats. ''Hola'' was and is still my jam produced by DJ Blass and at the end of the song they mention his name DJ Blass De Otra Manera. This song is from 2002!

Wisin & Yandel - Hola

DJ Blass blessed Tego Calderon with a beat in 2002 the song: '' Cosa Buena'' this is the one I'm talking about.  

Tego Calderon - ''Cosa Buena'' prod. by DJ Blass

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom