HTC announces The Touch Diamond 2 & Touch Pro 2........SMH

smh.gif
Cant even let my pockets breather after coppin the touch pro.
The main upgrade for the pro looks like Bigger screen, Higher resolution and Tilting screen (like the tilt)
For the Diamond: bigger screen, boost in rom, 5 megapizel cam, and micro sd support.

Ne ways on to the phones.

Touch Diamond 2

eb1158eb4e50d442ec2d83edac27b7fc399d39f.jpg

5c025c4e5249f5f3d1943ee3d4440e2e24204c7.jpg

30635ce0e68d415a5484d1794f486302ea89c33.jpg

[h2]http://www.engadget.com/2009/02/16/htcs-touch-diamond2-adds-zoom-bar-mega-screen-surprisingly-fe/[/h2]
[h2]HTC's Touch Diamond2 adds zoom bar, mega screen, surprisingly few diamonds[/h2]
by Paul Miller, posted Feb 16th 2009 at 5:30AM
HTC is following up on its ultra-sexy touchphone, the Touch Diamond, with the new Touch Diamond2, which seems quite worthy of the title of successor. This time around there's much more room for screen, with a huge 3.6-inch 480 x 800 LCD up front, and around back there's a 5 megapixel camera with autofocus. The other main addition is a "touch zoom bar" below the screen -- just like on big brother Touch Pro2 -- which we presume provides expected (and welcome) functionality. There's also the new version of TouchFLO 3D running on Windows Mobile, but under the hood there's the same old 528MHz processor, and the whole kit is actually a tad thicker a 0.54-inches. Still, memory is up to 512MB ROM and 288MB RAM, and if HTC keeps hoisting pixels and sexy on us at this rate we can hardly complain. This phone should hit major markets in Europe and Asia in "early Q2 2009," with more spots to follow later in the year.

Touch Diamond 2 Hands on Video via Engadget

The Touch Pro 2

72c35b3feda0461f51c7d0174feea2abc291c1f.jpg

ef7157ea455bd24280c4cd40b59336cea3b714e.jpg

[h2][/h2]
[h2]HTC Touch Pro2 is awesome in ways the Touch Pro never could be[/h2]
by Chris Ziegler, posted Feb 16th 2009 at 5:30AM
So, how do you make HTC's Touch Pro -- already near the top of the WinMo heap -- an even beefier device? For starters, you can throw out that nasty VGA screen of yesteryear and up it with a 3.6-inch 800 x 400 replacement. Next, add a dedicated touch-sensitive zoom slider that works overtime to take maximum advantage of said screen, then throw in a few key carryovers: 512MB of ROM, 288MB of RAM, microSD expansion, and a 3.2 megapixel cam. Meet the Touch Pro2, the official follow-up to HTC's popular series of QWERTY sliders that introduces so-called "Straight Talk" technology for "seamlessly" transitioning conversations between email, single-line calls, and party calls. It'll also automatically switch to the crazy high-performance, full-duplex speakerphone simply by flipping the phone over, so it's clear that this bad boy was meant for business. It'll launch early in the second quarter in parts of Asia and Europe with other "major global markets" following in early Summer. Check out a shot of the Touch Pro2 in its fully (and delightfully) articulated position after the break.

First Hands on Vid with the Touch Pro 2 via Engadget

touch pro 2 most def looks hot. i got my touch pro free...so i cant complain too loud. but that most def looks like a cop.

rd?

Since when did WinMo looked like that? The phone looks good but I'm going to need windows mobile to comeback hard and have a big community following beforeI spend the 400+ and the extra data plan.

Wow atleast give me a year with the touch pro before you bring out a new one. Id have to see how nice the screen is before I think about dropping another mostlikely 450+ again. But if the screen is close to Iphone size I may have to think about it.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

But if the screen is close to Iphone size I may have to think about it.
It is and better.

Iphone screen size is 3.5 and a resolution of 480×320
These are 3.6 with a resolution of 400x800

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

Since when did WinMo looked like that? The phone looks good but I'm going to need windows mobile to comeback hard and have a big community following before I spend the 400+ and the extra data plan.

They have a huge community following
laugh.gif
. I think thats the only thingreally saving windows mobile is because of the users who are willing to work with the os.

According to HTC they posed to officially announce winmo 6.5 today. So hopefully well get to see what "tweaks" they did to 6.0 besides theZune/Honeycomb interface.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

touch pro 2 most def looks hot. i got my touch pro free...so i cant complain too loud. but that most def looks like a cop.

rd?
Supposedly by summer but we'll see.

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

wait so its almost the same phone just with a new case?
laugh.gif
almost. The core stuff remains the same (processor, ram,rom etc)

I thought they would add some more upgrades but I know the bigger screen is what alot of ppl been waiting on. Specially after seein the Touch HD. I did noticethe removal of the dpad tho. Which im def not a fan of on the current touch pro.

It will prolly carry windows 6.5 too but I was hopin for some Tegra chips in that sucker.

I was just about to post this. It really sucks because I was finally convinced myself to get the Xperia over the Touch Pro but then HTC pulls this mess.

I'm glad to see HTC utilizing the "tilt"-mechanism again. Always thought it should be used more. If the TP2 still has the accelerometer then Imay have to hold off on that X1...

Originally Posted by Tonystarks2984

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

But if the screen is close to Iphone size I may have to think about it.
It is and better.

Iphone screen size is 3.5 and a resolution of 480×320
These are 3.6 with a resolution of 400x800
Yea I went and did my own research after I posted and saw that it was slightly bigger. This blows
laugh.gif
. O well maybe ill try going the insurance route this time since it seems likemaybe the touch pro has been having bugs and this is to fix them. Im on my 5th Touch Pro and the last 2 ive had to wait a week or two for new shipments tocome in since they arent making them all that fast. They arent serious bugs but im pretty anal about my electronics and I want them to work perfectly since Iam paying $400 for it. Dont get me wrong I love this phone just some of the quicky stuff annoys me and maybe this phone is to fix some of those things.

Wow...I just got my Touch Pro Friday
laugh.gif
. Well it was free, so I guess I can't complain too loud, although it does suck epic...

Looks at Tilt
frown.gif
laugh.gif
....March 2010 my contract, I get to upgrade
pimp.gif

Both phones look good. Those are cameras in the front right, I'm guessing the American versions will be losing them?

I'll pay whatever to get rid of this brick of a phone. Should have kept my Treo 800w, but got caught up in the glitz of Sprint's newesttouch/smartphone. Actually, I'll probably go 3-400 for the upgrade since I just reupped in December.

Glad I didn't follow the hype and snatch the TP. I'm still rockin my Tilt but the TP2 will be my next phone ifit comes to ATT....

Originally Posted by Chico Cummings

Glad I didn't follow the hype and snatch the TP. I'm still rockin my Tilt but the TP2 will be my next phone if it comes to ATT....

Yea it will be coming to ATT, it's gonna be called the Barium I think

Back
Top Bottom