- = HYPERFEEL thread = -

Could you elaborate what you mean by a barefoot feel? I ask because it has a siped lunarlon foam as its insole. My experience in both my Lunarglide 4 and Kobe 8 is that the lunarlon foam is very squishy, the opposite of what you'd want from a barefoot shoe. Does the cushioning feel firmer than this year's Nike free line?

Could you elaborate what you mean by a barefoot feel? I ask because it has a siped lunarlon foam as its insole. My experience in both my Lunarglide 4 and Kobe 8 is that the lunarlon foam is very squishy, the opposite of what you'd want from a barefoot shoe. Does the cushioning feel firmer than this year's Nike free line?

I honestly could not tell the lunarlon was there. Felt a bit rough when running. Every time my foot hit the path it only felt like i had that out sole separating the ground from my foot.

I tried taking a pic of the shoes to show that they look deformed but the lighting it terrible.

Basically if you own a pair of Flyknit racers and get that crease around the toe area, this shoe is the same. Im sure once you re insert the shoe trees you should be good.

Last edited:

IMO, barefoot feel is literally feeling like your barefoot. You can feel the ground under you. The way you run would be different, striking at midfoot instead of heel. There is support and comfort but not so much that you can't feel what's beneath your feet and you have lots of foot feel and flexibility. I have Vibram FF I use for lifting (squats) and running. A whole different feel than wearing Frees.

Picked these up this morning at the Nike Store near me.  Here's a couple of volt shoe comparisons in case anyone is interested:

Hyperfeel vs. Flyknit Racer

Hyperfeel vs Free 3.0 v5

Last edited:
Yes.  I am all over the board in terms of sizing (9.5 in dress shoes, 10 in LunarGrand and Roshes) but for anything FlyKnit or Free, I am a 10.5 and these were no exception.  I even tried a half size down to be sure.

Last edited:
Im curious how the shoe loses shape.

Basically, the shape will go back to normal. Referring to my earlier post it could have been the heat that made the ripples and creases more apparent when I took them off. Put the shoe trees back in and there good as new. The uppers seem to be more molded to your foot than the Free's.

Last edited:
IMO, barefoot feel is literally feeling like your barefoot. You can feel the ground under you. The way you run would be different, striking at midfoot instead of heel. There is support and comfort but not so much that you can't feel what's beneath your feet and you have lots of foot feel and flexibility. I have Vibram FF I use for lifting (squats) and running. A whole different feel than wearing Frees.
I honestly could not tell the lunarlon was there. Felt a bit rough when running. Every time my foot hit the path it only felt like i had that out sole separating the ground from my foot.

I tried taking a pic of the shoes to show that they look deformed but the lighting it terrible.

Basically if you own a pair of Flyknit racers and get that crease around the toe area, this shoe is the same. Im sure once you re insert the shoe trees you should be good.
Thanks for the detailed responses guys, as its really hard to get a real feel for a shoe's performance by just trying it around the store. Glad to hear that it has a legit barefoot feel.

Just got 2 pairs for 275 , a pair of volts for myself and Whites for the lady
Haven't taken them off great feel and not as tight around the ankle as the frees

Anyone get shipping confirmation from Nike? Mine says order processing...ordered next day air since I had a 15% discount code...ordered them this morning if it matters

Anyone get shipping confirmation from Nike? Mine says order processing...ordered next day air since I had a 15% discount code...ordered them this morning if it matters

As of an hour ago, my pair is being shown as "Shipped" on my Nike.com order status. I ordered my volt pair at 6am Pacific time. A UPS tracking number is also provided showing delivery for early next week.

Ordered these today for $35 since I had a voucher

I didn't really know they had the lunarlon until after. Like someone above wanted these for lower body work, but I not sure if I like the give that lunarlon has vs the zoom of the if trainers.

I'm also not even sure I'm going to be able to fit my foot in the shoe lol. I got a fat foot and the 12 fits fine but Its a STRUGGLE to even get them on

So in terms of work out shoe.....i am thinking these will be solid. Depends on how cushiony and how high you sit on the lunar insert. But 3mm heel to toe drop....the Free 3.0 is about a 4mm and thats what i use now for leg days and casual runs.

Would love to try on in person if not i will wait untill RRS or some one has them at a discount....i love minimalist runners so hopefully these will live up to the billing

Love how these look and I'm really hoping RRS gets them because that price tag is just too high. The pictures are killing me though.

I wore my pair today. Ending up sizing .5 down from my running shoe size, and really glad I did. I'm a 10.5 in anything I run in (Lunarglide 5, flyknits) for the extra space, a 10 fit perfect with no noticeable difference in width.

The ankle support is much better than free flyknit. The seam was moved from the inside of the ankle to directly centered, and it is now covered. This feels much better that the free flyknit that seemed to cut into my ankle. The shoe does have a long narrow toebox that I am not a fan of.

I would recommend thin socks. The insole is not a cloth material, but is smooth lunar. My foot felt odd and sticky when tried on without socks.

I'll be running with them today and will update.

$175 - 10% VIP Discount -10% w/ code CX13N017 = $140.  Add tax for your state, and shipping is free.
Solid 
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom