- = HYPERFEEL thread = -

That is my guess as well, even with the lunar midsole, this thing still looks rather low to the ground. Right now, my favorite all around trainers are the Trainer 3.0, I just love those and could bring it anywhere to train. This one with thinner sole might make it more difficult to do plyo or HIIT but it seems more perfect for deadlifts and squats for sure, have to wait and see the heel to toe drop though.

Also, even though this one is pricey, I do appreciate the innovation in these than just putting the flyknit upper on a lunar or free sole (I know the $160 FFK has a unique upper). The free-waffle sole & the lunar insole with ridges is something new, isn't it? Being even more minimal than the existing Flyknit shoes is a plus too. Really looking forward to checking these out.

Last edited:
That is my guess as well, even with the lunar midsole, this thing still looks rather low to the ground. Right now, my favorite all around trainers are the Trainer 3.0, I just love those and could bring it anywhere to train. This one with thinner sole might make it more difficult to do plyo or HIIT but it seems more perfect for deadlifts and squats for sure, [U]have to wait and see the heel to toe drop though[/U].

Also, even though this one is pricey, I do appreciate the innovation in these than just putting the flyknit upper on a lunar or free sole (I know the $160 FFK has a unique upper). The free-waffle sole & the lunar insole with ridges is something new, isn't it? Being even more minimal than the existing Flyknit shoes is a plus too. Really looking forward to checking these out.

repped this is basically what i want to know and will drive my decision....love my 3.0s for the close fit and low to the ground feel. These look like they could beat them in every way if the heel to toe drop is at leas similar

can't wait to run in these.. I got a bunch of running kicks abut I always see myselfe going back to my Free 3.0's and as stated earlier these look like it just kills those performance wise.. that price tho :x

So i may be right in assuming these could be my new work out shoes. Can do cardio still and they are really close to the ground so should be good for Dead Lifts and squats? Just assuming they are closer to the ground then the Frees, i would love a free knit 3.0. But these may fill that void
I was thinking of picking them up to work Calves haha

^ ^ ^
Which I think is a good thing. Nike has been notorious for being a bad running shoe and I like it that they are turning things around.

There are still plenty of nice looking Nikes out there including the endless assortment of retroes so I am glad Nike has some of these good performing shoes.

There are still plenty of nice looking Nikes out there including the endless assortment of retroes so I am glad Nike has some of these good performing shoes.
+1 for pushing the boundaries. 

repped this is basically what i want to know and will drive my decision....love my 3.0s for the close fit and low to the ground feel. These look like they could beat them in every way if the heel to toe drop is at leas similar
That is my guess as well, even with the lunar midsole, this thing still looks rather low to the ground. Right now, my favorite all around trainers are the Trainer 3.0, I just love those and could bring it anywhere to train. This one with thinner sole might make it more difficult to do plyo or HIIT but it seems more perfect for deadlifts and squats for sure, have to wait and see the heel to toe drop though.

Just from looking at the promo pics of the insole/midsole it definitely doesnt look like a zero drop shoe so I would think it'd be fine for plyo especially because youre on your toes more often than not.

Im glad nike was able to get the actual manufacturing stuff sorted out and not only that, but they also werent complacent with the previous flyknit's and just threw on a new sole design. I cant wait to run in these I love that they stuck with the waffle pattern; it was money on the og flyknit run. It's interesting they removed (at least it looks like it) the heel counter. Apparently they're completely on that minimalist wave now. Only thing I dont like is the ribbon laces 
mean.gif
. Too easily untied even when double knotted. 

I agree. I love the direction Nike's going! However, the price and durability are the main issues for me (same as the ZFKs). I wonder how many miles can be logged before these are worn out?

Last edited:
I agree. I love the direction Nike's going! However, the price and durability are the main issues for me (same as the ZFKs). I wonder how many miles can be logged before these are worn out?
I have almost 300mi on the original racers and they're holding up really well; much better than I thought they would.

Thanks for the review.

It is kind of weird that these is more of a "comfort-focused" shoe than the FFK, I though with these having a more to the ground feel than the 5.0 soles in the FFK would make it less comfortable. I guess the lunar does make that much of a difference? Though they did say that it is best to avoid irregular roads as it sounds like you'd feel every nook and cranny and every little pebbles on the road with these shoes so it is still essentially has that barefoot feel or even more so than the Free sole?

I think I'd still have to try these on to make a judgement and still curious what the drop is. The outsole is still 0.7mm thin and that is almost nothing. Really curious how think the lunar insole is.

Last edited:
I think people fail to understand that the shoe actually does have a decent sole in the way of a chunky, free inspired insole. Think Kobe 8 with the drop in insole with lots of lunarlon cushioning but more flexible.

I think people fail to understand that the shoe actually does have a decent sole in the way of a chunky, free inspired insole. Think Kobe 8 with the drop in insole with lots of lunarlon cushioning but more flexible.

I'm hoping so, my decision will be made after trying these on in person.

That's been touched upon but I think some of us are still hoping it'll still be overall thinner with the almost non-existent midsole. If it is overall thinner than the 3.0 Free Sole then it would still be good.

The insole on these supposedly replaces the sockliner too so that is another layer they got rid off to make it closer to the ground.

It reminds me of the Free Bionics for women, specifically designed for HIIT. I was hoping they made shoes like for men too that can accommodate HIIT/Plyo and also has a low toe to heel drop for lifting.
View media item 518635

Last edited:
Will get myself and the gf a pair. Shame that these are coming out right when fall (colder weather ) is going to hit. Seems like these would be a no go for either cold or rainy weather.

And lord please let these be available everywhere and not be some limited BS Nike does just for hype. :smh:

Any word if these will have a pre-order like the flyknit free run did :nerd:

Can't wait to try theses on

Back
Top Bottom