I absolutely love what the New Jersey Nets are currently doing....

Ok, so either Rod Thorn knows (maybe...err) or Prokhorov knows what he's doing (after talking to some of the best minds in the industry - not the bull&#!% "NBA minds") and is completely reassembling this Nets team the right way...

They've kept Devin Harris to this point (great idea IMO), drafted Brook Lopez at 10 (10!!! This guy was a certified beast in college and IMO a can't miss prospect - I know in many of our eyes on here actually - although I know the drafting of of course can't be attritubuted to my Prokhorov theory) and have the $ to sign almost anyone they want this offseason - and possibly try for Carmelo next year,

If they get LeBron its ON for this team...they'll be drafting Favors at #3 which will create one of the most insane duos I can even imagine in the Eastern Conference immediately next year. If you watched a lot of college basketball last year then you know how much of a beast Favors is/can be at times(and should have the work ethic in the NBA to be - scarily similar to Lopez) ...
laugh.gif
@ the thought him, Lopez, LeBron, Harris, and any SG (probably a good one and Avery Bradley in and out next year with all the picks they have)...but even if they don't get Bron they still have the option to sign someone and go after Melo, or just wait for next year and take Favors + early pick next year plan

With 3 picks to come after the Favors pick this team will be able to make a splash with a pretty decent draft class

They should have the options to draft some of the following players,

Jordan Crawford (
eek.gif
@ him with that core...insane)
Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson
Dominique Jones
Darrington Hobson
Wishfully a Avery Bradley pairing
or even Gani Lawal to pair with Favors

Get any of these guys with Favors and a LeBron/Carmelo/big name player and I really think they will be winning a championship within the next 5 years, with an Eastern Conference Title within 3/4 with the way things are looking

Nets fans/Brooklyn heads to more of an extent be happy, a lot of fun exciting seasons are coming to your area soon...they should be competiting with Oklahoma City if things go as planned for years to come

Ok, so either Rod Thorn knows (maybe...err) or Prokhorov knows what he's doing (after talking to some of the best minds in the industry - not the bull&#!% "NBA minds") and is completely reassembling this Nets team the right way...

They've kept Devin Harris to this point (great idea IMO), drafted Brook Lopez at 10 (10!!! This guy was a certified beast in college and IMO a can't miss prospect - I know in many of our eyes on here actually - although I know the drafting of of course can't be attritubuted to my Prokhorov theory) and have the $ to sign almost anyone they want this offseason - and possibly try for Carmelo next year,

If they get LeBron its ON for this team...they'll be drafting Favors at #3 which will create one of the most insane duos I can even imagine in the Eastern Conference immediately next year. If you watched a lot of college basketball last year then you know how much of a beast Favors is/can be at times(and should have the work ethic in the NBA to be - scarily similar to Lopez) ...
laugh.gif
@ the thought him, Lopez, LeBron, Harris, and any SG (probably a good one and Avery Bradley in and out next year with all the picks they have)...but even if they don't get Bron they still have the option to sign someone and go after Melo, or just wait for next year and take Favors + early pick next year plan

With 3 picks to come after the Favors pick this team will be able to make a splash with a pretty decent draft class

They should have the options to draft some of the following players,

Jordan Crawford (
eek.gif
@ him with that core...insane)
Larry Sanders
Lance Stephenson
Dominique Jones
Darrington Hobson
Wishfully a Avery Bradley pairing
or even Gani Lawal to pair with Favors

Get any of these guys with Favors and a LeBron/Carmelo/big name player and I really think they will be winning a championship within the next 5 years, with an Eastern Conference Title within 3/4 with the way things are looking

Nets fans/Brooklyn heads to more of an extent be happy, a lot of fun exciting seasons are coming to your area soon...they should be competiting with Oklahoma City if things go as planned for years to come

What if they don't get a big name? Most, if not all, of this brilliance will be manifested through a big free agent signing that might not happen.

And drafting Lopez at 10 wasn't a great pick per se; he kind of just fell to them. If memory serves me right, I remember watching the draft and Brook being surprised at falling that late.

I honestly don't think Favors will be a beast right away. At least a couple of years IMO.

If they don't sign a big name free agent, all this talk is moot honestly. They will not be championship contenders.

I'm a Bulls fan. I don't consider Gar Forman a genius for setting us up like this. %!#+ just happened.

What if they don't get a big name? Most, if not all, of this brilliance will be manifested through a big free agent signing that might not happen.

And drafting Lopez at 10 wasn't a great pick per se; he kind of just fell to them. If memory serves me right, I remember watching the draft and Brook being surprised at falling that late.

I honestly don't think Favors will be a beast right away. At least a couple of years IMO.

If they don't sign a big name free agent, all this talk is moot honestly. They will not be championship contenders.

I'm a Bulls fan. I don't consider Gar Forman a genius for setting us up like this. %!#+ just happened.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Yeah, they most likely need tosign someone big this season or next, I just hope they don't reach fora PF/C...and no I'm not a fan I just see the potential if things goright
And drafting Lopez at 10 wasn't a great pick per se; hekind of just fell to them. If memory serves me right, I rememberwatching the draft and Brook being surprised at falling that late.

Well 9 other teams passed up on him, so I'm saying it was a great pick in that aspect...if 9 other teams were stupid enough to pass on a guy some considered potentially as good/if not better than Michael Beasley then the Nets could have...put it this way, Kevin Love, Joe Alexander and DJ Augustine went before Lopez, can you imagine the Bucks with Brook Lopez right now?

The ability/body/potential is there to step in and give the Nets a solid 20 mins a game next year, but I do think it'll take a year or two before we really see his potential unleashed, I definitely think its a sure thing that they take him

Yeah...thats why I don't give Rod Thorn much credit, I think the whispers in Prokhorov's ears for the next couple of years will be the ones dictating this teams future...Bulls don't have much either, Rose, but then what? Noah? Lol. Give me Harris/Lopez now over that, and that's without the #3 pick coming in

Yeah, they most likely need tosign someone big this season or next, I just hope they don't reach fora PF/C...and no I'm not a fan I just see the potential if things goright
And drafting Lopez at 10 wasn't a great pick per se; hekind of just fell to them. If memory serves me right, I rememberwatching the draft and Brook being surprised at falling that late.

Well 9 other teams passed up on him, so I'm saying it was a great pick in that aspect...if 9 other teams were stupid enough to pass on a guy some considered potentially as good/if not better than Michael Beasley then the Nets could have...put it this way, Kevin Love, Joe Alexander and DJ Augustine went before Lopez, can you imagine the Bucks with Brook Lopez right now?

The ability/body/potential is there to step in and give the Nets a solid 20 mins a game next year, but I do think it'll take a year or two before we really see his potential unleashed, I definitely think its a sure thing that they take him

Yeah...thats why I don't give Rod Thorn much credit, I think the whispers in Prokhorov's ears for the next couple of years will be the ones dictating this teams future...Bulls don't have much either, Rose, but then what? Noah? Lol. Give me Harris/Lopez now over that, and that's without the #3 pick coming in

^Uhhh...

Rose+Noah > Harris+Lopez.

You serious?

I consider the gap between Rose and Harris greater than the one between Lopez and Noah (obviously Brook is much better offensively but rebounding/defense is a deadheat or maybe in Noah's favor).

^Uhhh...

You serious?

I consider the gap between Rose and Harris greater than the one between Lopez and Noah (obviously Brook is much better offensively but rebounding/defense is a deadheat or maybe in Noah's favor).

I don't see anything special of what they've done. Harris and Lopez were there when they were losing but adding a draft pick this year should help. I don't see any free agents looking at the talent of the Nets has and ultimately deciding to play there. They are still in New Jersey and until they are officially in Brooklyn, it will be more appealing.

I don't see anything special of what they've done. Harris and Lopez were there when they were losing but adding a draft pick this year should help. I don't see any free agents looking at the talent of the Nets has and ultimately deciding to play there. They are still in New Jersey and until they are officially in Brooklyn, it will be more appealing.

Joakim Noah is absolutely a better rebounder and defender than Brook Lopez.

Anyway, what if the Nets take Wes Johnson at three like has appeared quite possible lately?

Joakim Noah is absolutely a better rebounder and defender than Brook Lopez.

Anyway, what if the Nets take Wes Johnson at three like has appeared quite possible lately?

Plain & Simple, this offseason will make or break this franchise for the next decade IMO. They NEED to bring in a big-name now & if they don't it'll be a fail for NJ

Plain & Simple, this offseason will make or break this franchise for the next decade IMO. They NEED to bring in a big-name now & if they don't it'll be a fail for NJ

^Uhhh...

You serious?

Seriously if they were better than Rose and Noah they would've managed more than 12 wins. The Bulls had no one this year except Rose and Noah.  

^Uhhh...

You serious?

Seriously if they were better than Rose and Noah they would've managed more than 12 wins. The Bulls had no one this year except Rose and Noah.  

I like Wes a lot, but with that stockpile of 3's they already have I dont like the pick...

Terrance Williams looked solid for stretches last year, think he could be a 16 ppg guy.

I like Wes a lot, but with that stockpile of 3's they already have I dont like the pick...

Terrance Williams looked solid for stretches last year, think he could be a 16 ppg guy.

They'll take Wes at the 3 and have yet another overrated player on the wing. Kevin Love is working out very well for his team as did Augustine for Charlotte last year. Milwaukee wasn't drafting Lopez with Bogut there. Rose + Noah > Harris + Lopez by a pretty good margin IMO. People keep swearing up and down on this core of young talent but they still only managed to win 12 games last year. And if they're leaning towards signing Boozer like I've read...

They'll take Wes at the 3 and have yet another overrated player on the wing. Kevin Love is working out very well for his team as did Augustine for Charlotte last year. Milwaukee wasn't drafting Lopez with Bogut there. Rose + Noah > Harris + Lopez by a pretty good margin IMO. People keep swearing up and down on this core of young talent but they still only managed to win 12 games last year. And if they're leaning towards signing Boozer like I've read...

Originally Posted by Proshares

I Don't see Boozer going there I think Miami is his first choice.

Back
Top Bottom