I absolutely love what the New Jersey Nets are currently doing....

Originally Posted by Proshares

They'll take Wes at the 3 and have yet another overrated player on the wing. Kevin Love is working out very well for his team as did Augustine for Charlotte last year. Milwaukee wasn't drafting Lopez with Bogut there. Rose + Noah > Harris + Lopez by a pretty good margin IMO. People keep swearing up and down on this core of young talent but they still only managed to win 12 games last year. And if they're leaning towards signing Boozer like I've read...
I Don't see Boozer going there I think Miami is his first choice.

They'll take Wes at the 3 and have yet another overrated player on the wing. Kevin Love is working out very well for his team as did Augustine for Charlotte last year. Milwaukee wasn't drafting Lopez with Bogut there. Rose + Noah > Harris + Lopez by a pretty good margin IMO. People keep swearing up and down on this core of young talent but they still only managed to win 12 games last year. And if they're leaning towards signing Boozer like I've read...
Thank you.

I won't argue that fortunes can turn around quick in the NBA, I'm even counting on it with the Knicks, but people really need to stop making excuses for this 12 win Nets team like they were screwed over and just missed the playoffs.  If they valued some of their players like people on here and in the press do, then why would they trade such a "valuable player" like CDR for second rounders. 

They could really strike it big, but if they take Wes then go hard after Boozer, I don't think that's going to cut it.  Get Favors, hope to get a legit max contract, if not, wait til next year and save your money and let your "young and talented core" improve.

Thank you.

I won't argue that fortunes can turn around quick in the NBA, I'm even counting on it with the Knicks, but people really need to stop making excuses for this 12 win Nets team like they were screwed over and just missed the playoffs.  If they valued some of their players like people on here and in the press do, then why would they trade such a "valuable player" like CDR for second rounders. 

They could really strike it big, but if they take Wes then go hard after Boozer, I don't think that's going to cut it.  Get Favors, hope to get a legit max contract, if not, wait til next year and save your money and let your "young and talented core" improve.

Would you rather have..

Favors/Cousins and Gay/Joe Johnson

or

Wes Johnson and Boozer/David Lee

?

Maybe there is one PF in this free agent class they're very confident about.

Would you rather have..

Favors/Cousins and Gay/Joe Johnson

or

Wes Johnson and Boozer/David Lee

?

Maybe there is one PF in this free agent class they're very confident about.

If they pick Wes, I think it might show their hand that they may be leaning towards Boozer.  Here's what I read this morning, take it for what it's worth:

http://[h3]
[h3]Will Boozer join Johnson in Jersey?[/h3]
8:09AM ET

[h5]Carlos Boozer | Jazz [/h5]

ESPN.com's Chad Ford reports the Nets are leaning towards selecting Wesley Johnson with the No. 3 pick in the draft. He would fill the need at the starting small forward position.

The Nets still would need a starting power forward and ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports that could be free agent Carlos Boozer.

Stein writes: "New Jersey's main position of emphasis once the free-agent market opens July 1 is power forward, with the Nets possessing an estimated $27 million in salary-cap space and with Brook Lopez and Devin Harris entrenched at center and point guard. The connection between Johnson and Boozer? They're both represented by the same agent: Rob Pelinka. The selection of Johnson would be a strong tip-off, sources say, that New Jersey will be chasing Boozer hardest when free agency commences, ahead of potential targets such as Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire."
[/h3]

If they pick Wes, I think it might show their hand that they may be leaning towards Boozer.  Here's what I read this morning, take it for what it's worth:

http://[h3]
[h3]Will Boozer join Johnson in Jersey?[/h3]
8:09AM ET

[h5]Carlos Boozer | Jazz [/h5]

ESPN.com's Chad Ford reports the Nets are leaning towards selecting Wesley Johnson with the No. 3 pick in the draft. He would fill the need at the starting small forward position.

The Nets still would need a starting power forward and ESPN.com's Marc Stein reports that could be free agent Carlos Boozer.

Stein writes: "New Jersey's main position of emphasis once the free-agent market opens July 1 is power forward, with the Nets possessing an estimated $27 million in salary-cap space and with Brook Lopez and Devin Harris entrenched at center and point guard. The connection between Johnson and Boozer? They're both represented by the same agent: Rob Pelinka. The selection of Johnson would be a strong tip-off, sources say, that New Jersey will be chasing Boozer hardest when free agency commences, ahead of potential targets such as Phoenix's Amare Stoudemire."
[/h3]

Im not banking on a LeBron coming here... But I am looking for a player along the lines of a Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, Carlos Boozer, or David Lee coming here.

You mix 2 of those players in with a good draft pick, Brook Lopez, a healthy Devin Harris, & the rest of our young core coached by Avery... & I like the direction of this team.

Last year during the awful season, there were a lot of bright spots believe it or not. Seeing any of the vets I listed for Free Agency alongside our current guys than I like where we're headed.

Im not banking on a LeBron coming here... But I am looking for a player along the lines of a Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, Carlos Boozer, or David Lee coming here.

You mix 2 of those players in with a good draft pick, Brook Lopez, a healthy Devin Harris, & the rest of our young core coached by Avery... & I like the direction of this team.

Last year during the awful season, there were a lot of bright spots believe it or not. Seeing any of the vets I listed for Free Agency alongside our current guys than I like where we're headed.

This past season has been a serious testament to Nets fans, but theres no where but up to go from here.

Its incredible wishful thinking for Lebron to come here but like AIRJORDAN JB23 says, I don't mind a JJ, Gay, Boozer or Lee. It'll make the team better.

I'm just excited to see what we do this offseason. It can't be any worse than going to games and there's only like 3000 fans.

This past season has been a serious testament to Nets fans, but theres no where but up to go from here.

Its incredible wishful thinking for Lebron to come here but like AIRJORDAN JB23 says, I don't mind a JJ, Gay, Boozer or Lee. It'll make the team better.

I'm just excited to see what we do this offseason. It can't be any worse than going to games and there's only like 3000 fans.

OP you forgot someone...
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
080501_Avery-Johnson-Cover.hmedium.jpg

Courtney Lee & CDR need to step their game up, and play with some damn heart, then New Jersey can be a 30-35 win team.

Maybe sneak into the playoffs with a horrible record...

Courtney Lee & CDR need to step their game up, and play with some damn heart, then New Jersey can be a 30-35 win team.

Maybe sneak into the playoffs with a horrible record...

Back
Top Bottom