I get made fun of for being a "sneakerhead"

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

i'm not about that life, but i do know that at high school the worst you can get for knockin someone out is a few days of suspension

laugh.gif

1. Start standing up for yourself my man. That doesn't mean fighting people, but if you allow yourself to get walked all over, no one is gonna stop. You shouldn't give two !@%*$ what anyone thinks. I'm assuming stealing your shoes means that they literally took them off your feet? If anyone touches you like that then smack the *@!% out of them. If you don't wanna do that, then you're just gonna have to tell administration. Yes, you would be snitching. No, there is no other option other than letting your shoes get jacked. If a teacher does it then you gotta talk back or talk to a principal. You sound like a smart kid I'm sure you can find a way to respectfully put your teacher in place. You're really gonna get abused by teachers over a grade? Your parents will be happier in the long run to have a son with some self respect. If you don't want to do that, especially in this case you gotta tell someone. Someone who is in a position of authority over you is abusing that power, at a school nonetheless. Something should be said and that isn't snitching, that's regulating, you obviously can't hit your teacher.

2. Sending those kids messages on facebook? Thats not gonna work, if I had to guess I'd say that can only make it worse.

In reality I know you probably aren't gonna suddenly decide to get tough and fight someone, but you gotta do smthin about it. Don't let anyone effect your style, interests, or personality. High school is the dumbest place on the planet, but you gotta be able to walk with your head high on a daily basis. If that means telling administration do it, especially if people are messing with your personal property and even more so if it is a teacher.

No matter how many people call u a snitch, I think that you gotta do smthin about this. Your status among students in your high school will never matter for 1 second after you graduate, but by fighting or doing something else you could end up with a problem that follows you...

sneakerocity wrote:
I was gonna post this in the Jordan/Nike Forum, but with all the hectic releases and such, I knew that my post would get blocked. So this is my situation:
The people at my school often refer to me as the "shoe freak" at school. I often get smart alec remarks like "go @+%% and camp for shoes you hobo" or "your such a %@#*@+% for collecting shoes" and so forth. I'm pretty much the only sneakerhead in my high school, so no ones there to back me up at times. Every time I wear my J's, they end up stepping on them, and stealing them from me. So far, I've had my BC3's and my Cardinals stolen. Also keep in mind, that I actually do WORK for my shoes. My parents aren't "rich," and I ONLY get paid for helping my uncle at his restaurant on weekends. However, ever since that incident, I have always worn vans to school.

My teachers often "mimic" themselves trying to step on my shoes. Yes, TEACHERS even make fun of me. One of them took the shoe RIGHT OFF OF MY FOOT and tried pouring acid to show a "chemical reaction" during biology class. If thats not publicly humiliating, I don't know what is. Also keep in mind, I'M ASIAN. So I don't even think about retaliating back, or else I end up with a +%@% grade. I think you guys know what %@!!!$ grade + angry asian mom means. YEAH.

This problem followed me ever since Freshman year, but its starting to get worse. It started off as being "for fun" and "playful," but now I even hear rumors about me getting beat up for my shoes. (That I don't even wear to school after getting them stolen.)
Its never really bothered me to the point where I need to talk to the administrators (until my shoes got stolen), but I just feel like getting someone back just because they insulted me for buying shoes is stupid. I don't wanna beat someone up and get suspended just because of a bunch of shoes.

I consider myself a strong dude, so I don't take it as BAD. But, I also feel like when they insult me, they insult each and every one of us on NT. The passion for shoes that we as a community have, that most people wouldn't understand. Like, seriously what normal person would wait 2-3 hours for shoes? 
roll.gif

They would think its absolutely ******ed. But for us. it wouldn't sound AS crazy. Thats what makes the family of NT. No matter what race, social class, religion we are a part of, we all share a common passion. I think that's the beautiful thing about this site.

So, I'm not telling you to send death threats, but if you could please give them a PIECE OF YOUR MIND, and show them that throughout this world, there is truly a HUGE COMMUNITY of "shoe freaks," that resides in NT which I am ever so proud to be a part of. I would REALLY appreciate it. Their facebook pages are below.

http://www.facebook.com/p...e.php?id=100000636021130

http://www.facebook.com/p...e.php?id=100000386538991

Let me also mention, that they are also JEREMY LIN BANDWAGONERS. If that doesn't piss you off, I don't know what does.

Again, please do not send death threats. I don't want to get arrested/face legal action. I need my Cement IV's and my Playoff 12's before I do.
eyes.gif

Thanks NT, I really appreciate it. I really do.
Have a good day.

- Jeremy

OR,

Man how you let a girl who is built like a 12 year old punk you?

Just tell them to back off...

If they keep messing with you get one of your friends,cousins, who ever to make em chill out.

The first thing I think of is the episode of Parks and Rec where Ron's ex-wife beat the *#!$ out of Aziz Ansari.

Originally Posted by sneakerocity

But, I also feel like when they insult me, they insult each and every one of us on NT.
I feel you 100% on this bro.

Personally, I've never been made fun of for collecting kicks. As a matter of fact, most people hang off of sneakerhead's jockstraps because they have so much heat. The most I've ever got was the
alien.gif
face from my parents because how much they cost. Other than that, its been love in the streets. Its pretty strange to read this
30t6p3b.gif

its times like this I wish NT had a minimum age limit
troll or no troll this thread is an embarrassment 

So beta. If you DO resort to violence, make sure you bite them or something crazy. Nobody is gunna mess with the dude who bites kids during fights. Straight sav
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I never understood the "Jeremy Lin bandwagoners".

And if you're getting your shoes repeatedly stolen and taken off your feet than you have a problem with standing your ground and asserting yourself.

To think the teacher took the shoes off your feet.
"Please, I don't want to take my shoes off."
"Please don't take my shoes from me"
"I don't feel comfortable with you taking my shoes."
"Please, this is the last time I'm going to ask you to stop."

After repeatedly politely asking them to stop and they (whether teacher or student) continue to physically harass you, I'd assume you could just assert your fist into their adam's apple.

Just make sure you clearly and politely express yourself, and only apply pressure after getting physically harassed.

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

Originally Posted by sneakerocity

Also keep in mind, I'M ASIAN. So I don't even think about retaliating back

You dont understand how bad i wanna %#!*@ slap you
did dude really say that?
eek.gif

OP you need professional help. Like from a psychiatrist.

I didn't read your block of text, just the title. I've actually made a lot of friends that I think I would not have otherwise because of sneakers. So I dunno about you. 

Back
Top Bottom