i just got into an accident

i was driving on international in east oakland going by 88th then this lady in a lexus makes a left turn into me and i hit her going full speed. its obviouslyher fault the police said so too but i dont have insurance and i couldnt get her info because she was out of it and left in the ambulance but the cops said itson the report which i have to wait a week for but i want to know whats going to happen since i dont have insurance and no way to get to work. she has insuranceand it was a newer lexus but if i get a rental will they pay me for it. i dont even know what to do now

Chances are you're going to get in trouble for driving while uninsured.

from http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content12136.aspx
Failing to show proof of financial responsibility, meaning insurance coverage, is a violation of California Vehicle Code Section 16029. Violating this code could result in fines up to $500 plus penalties, impoundment of the vehicle and suspension of the driver's license. If the vehicle is impounded the owner will have to pay for all storage and tow charges as well.

Originally Posted by THIZZLE WIGLE

i was driving on international in east oakland going by 88th then this lady in a lexus makes a left turn into me and i hit her going full speed. its obviously her fault the police said so too but i dont have insurance and i couldnt get her info because she was out of it and left in the ambulance but the cops said its on the report which i have to wait a week for but i want to know whats going to happen since i dont have insurance and no way to get to work. she has insurance and it was a newer lexus but if i get a rental will they pay me for it. i dont even know what to do now
smh.gif
tired.gif
smh.gif

People who don't have insurance ftl.

Since she was the driver deemed at fault her insurance company would more than likely pay for a rental car but it will depend on what insurance coverage shehas.

Yea it all depends on the coverage she has, but most likely you are gonna be fined. I hope your job has a car pool...

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

1-800-safeauto

Justin Case

But If you were covered. I think her insurance would pay for your car as well as hers. Am I correct?

It wouldn't shock me you get screwed over since you had no insurance to begin with. More than likely, you won't get paid for the car or any bodilydamage because you weren't supposed to be driving to begin with.

Angel

Back
Top Bottom