I Regret Going to College

use this as a stepping stone to what you really want to do whenever you figure it out, just ride it out for now. if it's entrepreneurial you'll have a steady, well paid income to cover any en devours and a plan b.

use this as a stepping stone to what you really want to do whenever you figure it out, just ride it out for now. if it's entrepreneurial you'll have a steady, well paid income to cover any en devours and a plan b.
I this is a good idea.

Finish it. You're learning more than what your grade in those classes. You're learning to finish what you started, you're learning take on a challenge, and you're learning to work hard. For every difficult task you encounter in the future, you will look back and draw upon this experience and know you can handle anything. A tough work project will be nothing compared to this. Plus you'll have first hand experience to help your kids get through it one day.

Meh. At least you got a degree in something that has worth. I'm out here floundering around since I got a degree in a ****** major last year. Count your blessings OP and finish that **** up.

Last edited:
Only regrets I had regarding college were:

1) Not going to a better one (I didn't wanna be in debt)

2) Not hitting the ground running on the first day

Last edited:
If I can struggle through this comp sci degree then you can bro mind you I hate school, I hate life, and I'm only finishing because I came to far to quit. yo ***** *** better finish.

Last edited:
Shoulda chose something you can see yourself doing in the future pa.

I don't regret going to college at all. It was the perfect excuse to spend some more time soul searching as well as expanding my mental.

Was eating peanut butter for dinner freshman year, by the end of sophomore year I got an internship which then led to a job that catapulted me from poverty to middle class.

No regrets at all. Pushing almost two years corporate experience at this point as a young black man. I don't think I could've done this without it. 

Edit: MIS major.

Last edited:
If you were only 2 years in, id say don't worry about finishing and figure out what you want to do in life.

You only have 1.5 semesters worth of credits needed. Just go and finish. Use this time to really connect with professors, staff, and other students. If you split the course work evenly across 2 semesters, that should give you enough free time in the day to study and do outside work to find what you're really into. This is also the last opportunity for you to find an internship.

Just finish it off and have the time of your life while doing it in college papi. The real world sucks

You've already invested so much time and effort. money. Would be a shame if youa waste of time and money didn't finish IMO. Do it man!Finish what you started. Its only 28 more credits. Man up

Finish school and then sit and think long and hard about what you want to do with your life. Just because you go to school for one thing doesn't mean you have to do that for the rest of your life.

You started digging this hole, now finish the job, get the degree, and plan your next move.

Last edited:
So what do you REALLY want to do op ?

I don't even know man. And I think that's a big problem. Looking on fb and **** seeing people my age and year working for deloitte, ey, kpmg. Here i am still in school, living off shoe collection money, doing uber when i need money. Sure i'm living a decent life...nice house (parents' of course), eat good, own car, loving gf, go out every weekend, etc. Yet I don't know what the hell I wanna do with my future.

1) Finish up. Like someone said earlier, most employers require at least a 4 year degree just to get any type of experience

2) Also, don't get so caught up in KNOWING what you wanna do at this point. That decision will get clearer over time as you gain experience within the next few years. Plenty of people get a certain degree, realize it's not for them and transition into a different industry. The decision you made at 20 isn't necessarily the decision you have to live with when you're 30 or 40.

3) Don't compare your life to what your friends are doing.

4) Honestly, I hated college too but I've learned so much in the "working" world that you learn to realize that college is just a step you gotta take. Get in, get out and flourish in the real world. You'll be fine.

Last edited:
Remember, college isn't only about getting the degree. It's about the networking opportunities. If you ain't networking, you're losing out on half the opportunities. I know A LOT of buddies of mine that got job hookups through the people they meet in college. If you're just there sitting to earn a grade, you ain't doin it right.

I just wanna graduate cause quiting is too easy. Didn't know a whole lot of high school graduates growing up and my generation helped change that for the better. Now there's too many graduates out there and a bachelor's degree doesn't mean what it used to mean anynore.

Its a scam opee. I say finish college cause your only a couple credits behind , but its just to put you in debt for the next 30 to 40 years. Internet marketing is the wave, got people making millions with no degree. Youll be just another drone worker

Remember, college isn't only about getting the degree. It's about the networking opportunities. If you ain't networking, you're losing out on half the opportunities. I know A LOT of buddies of mine that got job hookups through the people they meet in college. If you're just there sitting to earn a grade, you ain't doin it right.
This is true. Get involved. Will help you with job leads once you graduate.

Originally Posted by HugheyFreeman View Post

Internet marketing is the wave, got people making millions with no degree.

But most stuff being marketing is of low quality, generic garbage.
Pretty much the same spiels over and over

Back
Top Bottom