I see people are back on their Pyramid scheme grind. Vol. 5Linx

dudes that do this are the same ones on FB preaching "you don't need college to be successful" every other day. I'm not saying that's not true. but most of the people I know that do these pyramid schemes are the ones who are too lazy to dedicate time to school and tryna find a quick legal way to get money. one of my close friend that once was so passionate about this company called "ACN" dude swore he was gonna be rich. now he's struggling to find a part time job. :lol:

everything's all good til you figure out it's all a scam

If you got a trade or skill that's in demand, have talents that not many people have, or are very well connected then yeah you can flourish without college.

The thing is, most the people. I know talking that "you don't need college to be successful" talk have none of those traits I just mentioned, think a 30k a year ceiling salary wise from their job is doing it, or are doing some type of illegal hustle or looking for a quick come which neither has any potential long term success.

You'll hear these dudes constantly mention how their supposedly living it up though. If you see through their act, they throw the "hater" phrase at you more times then colin kaepernick does on his Instagram posts.

I had a neighbor move in earlier this year across the street who came over and introduced himself to me and my girl. Older fellow and his wife in a 5 bedroom house...kinda fishy
mean.gif

Time goes on and I notice he just starts being extra friendly and inviting us over for Easter dinner. Then one day he just comes out with it and asks...

"Do you Like to Travel?"  The look on my face :
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

I said yea just to humor the guy and then he invites me to a meeting. I say "no" and since that day he hasn't said a word to us.
mean.gif
what is fishy about an older couple moving into a suburban home? 

View media item 1257207Somebody I know hit me up with this last week I already knew what it was so told him I'm good. He said just give him a few mins to explain it and since I never really knew the details about this "opportunity" I said sure why not. He shows me a 30 minute video and they make it sound so easy about recruiting people and they recruit people and so on and so on that I couldn't help but laugh then they go on and throw out a bunch of numbers on how to get "Residual Income" that I literally left with a headache lol oh and not to mention the startup fee of about 500 dollars and 100 a month there after

Basically but since there is a retail side to it isnt as bad. The sad thing about these people is they will push garbage products like DreamTrips but wont take a sales job where they could actually advance career wise. If you can sell junk im sure you can sell something good.

thats a fact!

****** is getting reckless with the pyramid scheme game man.
mean.gif

I was walking to the library at school last week, see two black dudes all dressed up talking to people as they walk by. I hate solicitors so I tried to avoid them but the ***** just jumped in front of me and started talking mad fast. "Aye my brotha I wanted to let you know about this company I work for, it's network marketing, I wanted to know if you wanted to join the company, get residual income blah blah blah".

Told homie I'm straight; I could tell felt some type of way about that when shook my hand because he gave me that quick handshake then walked away with the quickness
laugh.gif

Another dude stopped me in the mall years ago when I was on my lunch break. Talking **** and asking if I'm happy with the money I make with my job. In my head I was like "I know I make more than you". Ended up giving that dude a phone number I had 10 years ago
laugh.gif

I notice that friends of mine be on this **** so hard for like a month, defending the **** with their lives, and then you ask them about it a couple months later and instead of admitting it was a pyramid scheme they be like "oh it wasn't working out" or "I was having some issues"

Ole gullible muhsuckas
mean.gif

That last part is what gets me. Their too prideful to admit it was a scam and prevent others from falling for it and rather downplay things.

No shame in taking a L as long as you learn from it.

Folks so annoying...haven't seen wakeupnow on my facebook feed in a minute :lol: also that organo coffee ****.... :smh:

A female friend of mine just joined Organo Gold. All she does is text me all day trying to get me to buy tea and talking about how she is an independent distributor. I know she can't be making any worthwhile money though cause its friggin tea but yet she talks as if she is some type of boss.

y'all remember Symmetry Vitamins? it was a another scheme back in the 90s. i remember my bro got suckered into it. tried to get all his homies to buy vitamins and they used to clown him. :lol:

he had to take a good look in the mirror and realized he was a clown and just threw them shh.. out. :rofl:

that one hit the hood quick back then and my bro was like the guinea pig. damn. lol. funny tho.

It seems like all of these companies have the same corny sayings. One team one dream, six Saturdays and a Sunday, big ego small bank account, everyone is "family", etc. Then they have the nerve to crap on other people who go to school and on people who work minimum wage jobs. Not cool.

That last part is what irks me. That arrogance on their part.

Someone one should do a documentary on some people who join veema or wake up now or any of those schemes, Film them when their talking about how their an "independent business owner" then do a follow up a year or two later to see where their heads are at, and if they can swallow their pride and admit they got hustled.

Already been done kind of.

I posted one months ago in this thread. Penn & Teller did an episode Easy Money on their show *******t about it and how terrible it is.

The preview I linked is gone but the full episode should still be up on youtube just search for Penn and Teller Easy Money and it should come up. its about 27 min.

Fair warning tho that particular episode is very NSFW but very informative

Relevant, kinda nsfw but very informative

alright link gone but watch Penn & Teller *******t Episode Easy Money its on youtube

talks all about MLM corps and thier scams

*edit*

found and link with what I think is a Safe For Work version

watch it here http://mlmrehab.com/easy-money/

Last edited:
It's sad/funny seeing these people on Instagram...I follow a few cute chicks who do it.

Vector tried to get me years & years ago. I put on my good clothes thinking it was something legit :smh: :lol:

Last edited:
This dude at my job is going hard for 5.linx.  Tired of him harrasing me to buy into it.  I try to give him the light brush off but it doesn't work.  He was calling, facebook, texting, me to become part of his company

Anybody ever watch that episode of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia about pyramid schemes? Dennis and Mac buy a timeshare and Dee is trying to push some fruit drink multilevel marketing scheme. Whole episode is SPOT ON :rofl: :rofl:

Anyone here who has had someone dear to them get caught up in a pyramid scheme, how did you break the news to them and hopefully get them back to reality?

I'm really concerned about a friend who is caught up in one (has tried to recruit me on several occasions and actually got mad at me today for not wanting to buy an over-expensive product).

I don't want to be a "discouraging" friend, but I feel our friendship would be a farce if I didn't say something.

Again, if you have experience with this kind of conversation, please share your tips. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom